An article by The News & Observer has revealed some new details regarding the arrest of former WWE star Jeff Hardy on Friday. Here is a rundown of those details.
– Jeff Hardy was at home on Friday with his girlfriend Beth when the raid by police took place at 10:30 a.m. Beth was not arrested.
– According to Chief Deputy Neil Godfrey of the Moore County Sheriff’s Office, the case remains under investigation and additional charges are possible.
– Godfrey said it is too early to tell at this point whether or not the drugs found at Hardy’s were “for his personal use or he was selling them to others.”
– Hardy has been officially charged with trafficking in opium, two counts of possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, maintaining a dwelling for drugs, possession of cocaine, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
– Hardy will make his first appearance in Moore County District Court on Monday. It is noted that a “conviction on an opium trafficking charge, even for a first-time offender, carries a mandatory prison sentence of three to 14 years.” A police report is scheduled to be released on Monday.
To view the full article, click here.