Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
Full WWE Backlash Results - 4/27/03 - Worcester, Massachusetts
» On Sunday, April 27, 2003 at 10:59 PM EST - The following match took place before Backlash on WWE Sunday Night Heat:
Winner: Scott Steiner
- Scott Steiner picked up the win following a powerful reverse DDT on Rico for the win. Three Minute Warning attempted to interfere during the match but the referee sent them to the back.
Full WWE Backlash Results - 4/27/03
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Report by: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Winners & STILL WWE Tag Team Champions: Team Angle
- A very back and forth contest which resulted in Chavo Guerrero attempting a suplex on Charlie Haas but Shelton Benjamin pulled his legs out from under him from under the top rope, allowing Charlie Haas to land on Chavo and gain the pin, giving the win to Team Angle. After the match, Eddie picked up Chavo and threw him over the top rope, landing on Team Angle. Both Guerrero's took the WWE Tag Team Title's and left the building in a "low rider" car.
- Backstage, Test confronted Torrie Wilson, hitting on her in the process. Torrie backed away from Test when she forced a kiss on him. They then showed Sable watching the whole time.
Winner: Sean O'Haire
- Sean O'Haire picked up the win following a fireman's carry into a big slam on Rikishi for the win. Before the finish went down, Rikishi had busted open Roddy Piper by hitting him with a coconut.
- Backstage, Sable found Stacy Keibler and told her that Torrie Wilson had been hitting on Test. Keibler said she didn't believe it.
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH (Special Guest Referee: Chief Morley)
Winners: Kane & Rob Van Dam
- Lots of interference from Lance Storm and Chief Morley as the special guest referee. The match ended when Dudley Boyz turned face again and gave Chief Morley a 3-D in the ring. Following the 3-D, Kane threw D-Von out of the ring and chokeslammed Bubba Ray, allowing Rob Van Dam to hit the Five Star Frog Splash on Bubba Ray. A second referee hit the ring and counted the pin for Kane & RVD.
- Backstage, Stacy Keibler confronted Torrie Wilson, which lead to Keibler attacking Wilson. Ivory (who was only in a towel) and other WWE Divas eventually broke up the fight.
WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Winner & NEW Women's Champion: Jazz
- Jazz picked up the win when she held onto the ropes while sitting on Stratus for the pin to become the NEW Women's Champion.
Winner: Big Show
- The match ended when Big Show hit Mysterio with a big chokeslam. They played up the "injury" angle with Mysterio by putting him on a stretcher. Big Show went to leave but came back and took the stretcher with Mysterio on it, swinging it against the post. This was basically done to push Big Show as a contender for the WWE Championship as it is rumored he will be facing Brock Lesnar at Judgment Day next month.
- Backstage, Torrie Wilson attacked Stacy Keibler and Keibler was knocked out by many objects falling on her. Scott Steiner eventually came in, comforting Keibler when Test walked in, angry at both Steiner and Keibler.
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Winner & STILL WWE Champion: Brock Lesnar
- The match ended when Brock Lesnar hit John Cena with the F-5 for the win to retain the WWE Championship. It should be mentioned that Cena was cheered, getting some "Let's Go Cena" chants from the crowd. Lesnar did get some heat from the crowd but not a huge response.
SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Winners: Triple H, Ric Flair & Chris Jericho
- The match ended when Kevin Nash hit Chris Jericho with the Jacknife Powerbomb but just as Nash was about to go for the cover, Triple H hit Nash with a sledgehammer with the referee distracted. Triple H went for the pin on Nash and got the win for his team.
- The match ended when Goldberg hit The Rock with two powerful spears followed by a jackhammer.
Few side notes - The Rock cut a babyface type promo before the match, calling Goldberg a bitch and simply smiling at the camera to finish the promo. Also, Goldberg has new music.