Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
CAPW on Sports Time Ohio, PWA on 9/21 card + British Wrestling notes
On Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 5:02 PM EST Jason Leon sent this in:
Cleveland All Pro Wrestling T.V. This Saturday 12:30 AM !!!
Saturday, 09/23 Cleveland All-Pro Wrestling #4 12:30 AM
Only On Sports Time Ohio
Devin Cutting sent this in:
The Pure Wrestling Association returns to the French Canadian Community Centre in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on Thursday, September 21st, 2006 at 7 PM with these matches:
Eddie Osbourne vs. ????
Juan Ortiz vs. Hayden Avery
Money & Power vs. Tommy Ryder & Buck 10
TJ Harley vs. Elian Habanaro for the Internet Title
The 21st Century Fox vs. Aurora for the Elite Women's Title
PD Flex vs. Geza Kalman Jr. for the Pure Violence Title
Jeff Black vs. Warhed
Go to www.purewrestlingcanada.com for information about the PWA!
Daniel Edler sent this in:
British Wrestling Unites On November 18th – National Under 23 Championship, AN UPDATE!
» After much discussion, it was recently confirmed that the much-rumoured British National Under 23 championship event would take place at the Drill Hall, in Ware, Hertfordshire, on November 18th.
Eight wrestlers, chosen or qualified from eight separate promotions around the country, will face off in a single-elimination one-night tournament, to ultimately crown the first National British Under 23 titleholder.
Several promotions have already lent their full support to the project, whether involved on November 18th or not. They are:
- IPW:UK – International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom: Based in Kent, featuring stars such as Ashley Reed, Paul Robinson, Martin Stone, Andy Boy Simmonz and many more. Weekly show on The Wrestling Channel, Fridays at 11pm. Check them out online at http://www.ipwuk.com.
- 3CW – Three Count Wrestling: Northern promotion 3CW produced several homegrown trainees such as the likes of Kid Richie and Chris Whitton, and helped unearth the amazing Pac. Check them out online at http://www.3cw.co.uk
- FWA – Frontier Wrestling Alliance: Under the new management team, regularly selling out the Morecambe Dome in Northern England. Key wrestlers include Steve Knight, Hade Vansen, Ross Jordan and Spud. Check out their website, http://www.frontierwrestling.com.
- FWA:Academy: The home of Mark Sloan, the founder of the Frontier Wrestling Academy, and all of his students. Has produced the likes of WWE bound Nikita and already there, Paul Burchill. Has many new protégé’s coming through the ranks such as LT Summers and Jamie Brum, as well as the experienced pro’s like Aviv Maayan and James Tighe. Catch them online at http://www.fwatraining.co.uk.
- RQW – Real Quality Wrestling: Having run several shows, RQW debut on the Wrestling Channel this November. Top stars include champion Robbie Brookside, JP Monroe and Bubblegum. Catch them online at http://www.realqualitywrestling.com.
- LDN Wrestling: Also on The Wrestling Channel, weekly show Fridays at 10pm, with top stars like Team Wales, Chris Wyld and Tex Benedict. Catch them online at http://www.ldnwrestling.com.
- TXW – Triple X Wrestling: Big cards and adult action, but with some of the funniest minded wrestlers in the country. Always good value for money, big names include Conscience and Devilman. Check them out online at http://www.triplexwrestling.couk.
- WAW – World Association of Wrestling: Home to the Knight Dynasty, Ricky and Saraya have been running professional wrestling longer than some new promoters have been alive. Other top names include The Bulk and Big Dave (UK Pitbulls), Zebra Kid and Zac Zodiak.
- XS:W – Xsports Wrestling: New promotion set to run 18+ shows in big night-life arenas around the south, set to show that they feature some of the balls-iest, maddest, Xtreme wrestlers going. Shows on October 7th and November 5th featuring names like Paul Travell, Iceman and Charlie Rage.
- 4FW – Four Front Wrestling: The current incarnation of southern promotion 4FW came about from several management changes in the past, to almost unanimous praise. Top names include Sha Samuels, David Sharp and Ashton Brown.
- LPW – Leicester Pro Wrestling: As is evident from the name, this Leicester based promotion is one of the most regular in the Midlands. Top names include the likes of Ronin and Mad Mike.
- HEW – Herts and Essex Wrestling: Another promotion who’s area of coverage is obvious from the name, HEW have home advantage on November 18th and being based just down the road from where the tournament is being held. Top names include Ricky Relentless, Ricky Knight and Bash.
- SW – Summit Wrestling: A relatively new promotion on the British scene, Summit have had an inter-promotional feud with WAW in the past, as well as cleverly using some of the UK’s biggest names in tough challenging contests against their own young. Wrestlers include Nick Aldis, Marty Scurll and Paul Robinson. Check out their website, http://www.sumitwrestling.net.
Several other promotions have put their names forward, and we must stress that we want as many as possible to be involved, so if you work for a promotion or run a promotion yourself, get in touch with us on: email@example.com.
» It was announced last week that ‘supershow’ promotion 1-P-W was pulling their support for this project citing ‘political and logistical problems’. This came as a shock to all involved, but with 1PW’s low ratio of exclusive British U23 talent that are not competing elsewhere in the country, we feel it is a move that has helped bring the project to a higher level, as we are happy to announce that replacing 1PW on November 18th will be none other than the Frontier Wrestling Alliance. We thank Dann Read, Mark Kay and Greg Lambert for lending their support to this project.
As he was the probable choice of entrant for 1PW, the FWA have agreed to send SPUD to Ware on November 18th as their representative. This is a massive announcement, as Spud is quite clearly the biggest ‘name’ to have been entered in the tournament thus far, and shows clear intent from the FWA to put their best foot forward in Ware on the 18th.
» LDNwrestling have also confirmed that they will be entering MARTY SCURLL into the tournament. LDN also have a show on November 18th, and did not want to weaken either their show, or the U23 tournament, and so have given Marty the night off from his LDN-based booking to enable him to compete. This is just another show of great unity from a British promotion to this project, and for that we thank Sanjay Bagga.
Therefore the current entrants for the National Under 23 Championships are:
RQW: Bubblegum 
TXW: Stiro 
WAW: Sam Slam
FWA: Spud 
LDN: Marty Scurll 
IPW:UK: Aviv Maayan  OR Paul Robinson 
Plus a four-way match-up featuring talent from Xsports Wrestling, Summit Wrestling and two other promotions!
Brackets have been fundamentally decided upon, and will be announced shortly.
-- British Wrestling United & IPW:UK present The National Under 23 Championships, Saturday November 18th 2006 at The Drill Hall, Amwell End, Ware, Hertfordshire, England. Doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.30-7:00pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£6 children). Family ticket available for £30. Ringside £20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: firstname.lastname@example.org
-- IPW:UK presents “The Anniversary Weekender", Saturday September 23rd & Sunday September 24th 2006 at Orpington Halls, Orpington High Street, Orpington, Kent, England. Saturday doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.30pm. Sunday doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm. Tickets £14 general admission (£8 children). Family ticket available for £38. Ringside £25 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: email@example.com.
-- IPW:UK presents “Caged Warfare", Saturday October 7th 2006 at The White Oak Leisure Centre, Swanley, Kent, England. Doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.30pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£6 children). Family ticket available for £30. Ringside £20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- IPW:UK presents “Hotwired", Sunday 15th October 2006 at The Broxbourne Civic Hall, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England, EN11 8BE. Doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.30pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£8 children). Family ticket available for £30. Ringside £22 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: email@example.com.
-- IPW:UK also presents “Extreme Measures 3", Sunday October 22nd 2006 at Orpington Halls, Orpington High Street, Orpington, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£6 children). Family ticket available for £30. Ringside £20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: firstname.lastname@example.org.