Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
Pro Wrestling Unplugged on August 18 + Jericho and 'cancer fundraiser'
On Thursday, August 2, 2007 at 1:45 AM EST Nate Stein sent this in:
PWU 8/18 'Fan Appreciation Night' Where Fans Pick The Matches: Scorpio, Violent J, Corporal Robinson, 2 Tuff Tony, Matthews, Sunny, Gangrel, Billy Blade; Power Surge TV; & More
Pro Wrestling Unplugged is giving their fans a chance to book their own matches on Saturday, August 18 at 7:30 pm in the New Alhambra Arena, 7 Ritner ST in Philadelphia, PA for “Fan Appreciation Night".
* New Power Surge TV – “Overload" Review of “Iron & Steel" with host Dan “The Phan" Cowhey:
* PWU Iron & Steel DVD on sale now in the PWU Pro Shop at ProWrestlingUnplugged.com.
* As announced, PWU returns for “Fan Appreciation Night", where fans will LEGITIMATELY pick the matches, on Saturday, August 18 at the New Alhambra Arena. Check out the latest at ProWrestlingUnplugged.com.
* Just Added: Joey Matthews & The Hatchet Boyz (Violent J, 2 Tuff Tony, and Corporal Robinson)
They are added to the growing list of names for the event, which also includes PWU World Heavyweight champion Too Cold Scorpio, Sunny, Gangrel, & Billy Blade.
* GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! Our last two events broke PWU attendance records and sold out the front row! You can purchase your ticket now in the PWU Pro Shop at ProWrestlingUnplugged.com.
* Get a sneak peek at PWU’s Third Anniversary event on the sub-site at ProWrestlingUnplugged.com. Catch the sub-site video featuring band Shovelhook who will be playing live on the Red Carpet, along with band Survival Rate Zero.
Experience the New Edge online at ProWrestlingUnplugged.com for exclusive news and event information, Power Surge TV, & more.
Georgie of WrestlingFigs.com sent this in:
My McDonald's restaurant in Canton, Ct was one of seven restaurants in New England selected to participate in "Teal at The Wheel," a fund raiser for Ovations for the Cure, (Ovarian Cancer Research). On Saturday, August 18th, we will be having a grand event at the store.
We are selling discounted tickets for $5.00, which can be redeemed for a Quarter Pounder With Cheese Extra Value Meal. (Retail value $6.04!) All proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to Ovations for the Cure.
How Does It Work?
Between July 1st and August 18th, we are selling $5.00 tickets for a QPC Extra Value Meal. You can buy these tickets two ways. If you are local, you may come to my store in Canton, CT and purchase them. If you are not local, you may log onto www.ovationsforthecure.com; On the main page you will see the McDonald's "Teal at the Wheel" logo, where you can purchase tickets. Please select the "220 Albany Tpke, Canton , CT McDonalds" location when ordering tickets! After your online transaction is complete, it will let you print your ticket(s.)
ALL tickets sold may only be redeemed on the day of the event, August 18th, between 4pm-7pm for your meal. We urge you to come to the store around 4:30, because between 5pm-6pm, our goal is to get 1,000, YES! 1,000 Cars through our drive-thru in one hour. This is how BIG this event is going to be. We are going to try and set the new world record while raising money for Ovations for the Cure! If you are unable to make it to the day of the event, I am asking that your hearts be open to this event. Any donation, even as small as $5.00, could mean the difference between where we are today, and where we could be tomorrow.
- 1,000 Car Contest
- Live TV Remotes
- Live Radio Station Remotes
- Local celebrities: Working on firming up names as we speak.
- Classic Car Show
- Face Painting
- Magic Shows
- Live Music
- Ronald McDonald and Friends
- Raffle Prizes (These are NOT Small prizes either! You WANT to win these!)
- Food & Fun for the Whole Family
- Helping a GREAT Cause!
How Can You Help?
1- Purchase Tickets! The more tickets we sell, the more money is raised! There is a friendly competition between all seven stores to see who can sell the most tickets, I know we can be #1!
2- Promote Tickets! Please send this email to EVERYONE in your address book, MySpace page, FaceBook. Tell all your friends, family, co-workers! Spread the word!
3- Volunteer! We are looking for volunteers to work the day of the event. Ever wanted to work at McDonalds? Run the drive-thru? Make a cheeseburger? Now is your chance. We need 50 volunteers by the end of this month. No experience is necessary! Please contact me for more information.
Thank you so much for your help!
Brian Keifer, GM
CANMAC Enterprises, LLC
#17261, Canton, CT
* * * * * * * * * * * *
August 18th - CHRIS JERICHO will signing autographs for ovarian cancer fundraiser at McDonald's - 220 Albany Turnpike, Canton, CT from 3 to 5 PM.