The following took place on Tuesday in Orlando, FL.
TNA Impact Tapings held on Tuesday, June 23:
* Note: Some of this may have been taped out of order and may or may not air on this Thursday’s show on Spike TV.
– Brother Ray defeated Brutus Magnus in a street fight.
– The Main Event Mafia come out to the ring. Jenna and Sharmell are no longer fighting anymore and the storyline is that Jenna put up her money to make a deal with Joe. Kurt Angle put this all over as a master plan and Joe hugged everyone in the Mafia. Angle apologized for not telling Sting in advance. Mick Foley then came out and said no one owes him an explanation, but that Angle owes him a title match as the former champion wanted a rematch and that Joe owes AJ Styles an explanation. Angle said his contract with TNA stated he got to choose his opponents and that Foley would have to give something back to get a title shot.
– Kevin Nash defeated Abyss.
– New TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. came out and put themselves over as the best tag tema in the world today and offered a rematch to Team 3D. Scott Steiner and Booker T came out instead pushing themselves as one half of the two greatest tag teams in wrestling history – The Steiner Brothers and Harlem Heat. 3D still wanted a rematch at Victory Road.
– Taylor Wilde defeated Daffney in a first ever Knockouts 10,000 Thumbtacks match.
– Scott Steiner defeated Robert Roode.
– AJ Styles called out Samoa Joe and talked about how Joe turned his back on everyone at Slammiversary and wanted to know who made him do it. Joe said he can ask that person at Victory Road (the belief is this will be Taz debuting on the show in July). Matt Morgan then attacked Styles and Joe joined in on beating down Styles. Daniels ran out to make the save. Nash, Booker T and Steiner then ran out to take out Daniels. Sting then ran out and the Mafia stopped the beatdown. Sting said he was not surprised by Angle or Joe since he always thought Joe was a punk. He said he started the Mafia because of people like Joe. Sting told Nash, Steiner and Booker that he expected more from them. Nash then gets on the mic saying Angle’s ideas were working and that Sting’s were not. He said business is all about money, not friendship. Nash said Sting’s plan about honor, dignity and respect was bullsh*t. Sting then offered his bat to Nash and turned his back on him. Before Nash could do anything, Sting pulled out another bat and took out everyone in the Mafia. Joe grabbed the bat that Nash dropped and hit Sting with it. Everyone beat down Sting. Nash gave Sting a powerbomb.
– James Storm defeated Booker T via DQ when Booker hit Storm with two beer bottles.
– The Amazing Red defeated Cody Deaner.
– TNA World Champion Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Jarrett & AJ Styles where the TNA World Heavyweight Title was believed to be on the line under tag team rules. The Mafia were at ringside and celebrated the win. Styles hit Joe with the Legends title, but got beat down by everyone else in the Mafia. Sting then ran down for the save and grabbed the TNA Title. The lights went off and when they came back on Sting and the belt was gone.