WWE announced today the Summer of John Cena.
In a press release, WWE announced that Cena will be appearing at 15 events this summer. He will appear at non-televised WWE Supershow events, Raw and SmackDown events, – all leading up to his appearance at the SummerSlam pay-per-view on Saturday, August 21 in Las Vegas, NV.
Cena returned to WWE at the Money in the Bank PPV this past Sunday, confronting Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman. He also kicked off last night’s Raw and will be appearing on this Friday night’s live episode of SmackDown on FOX.
Cena is expected to challenge Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam.
You can read the full press from WWE below:
The Summer of Cena has officially arrived
STAMFORD, Conn., July 19, 2021 – On the heels of his shocking return Sunday night at WWE Money In The Bank, WWE today announced that John Cena will be appearing at the following live events this summer:
– Friday, July 23: SmackDown – Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland
– Saturday, July 24: Supershow – PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh
– Sunday, July 25: Supershow – KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.
– Monday, July 26: Raw – T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Mo.
– Friday, July 30: SmackDown – Target Center in Minneapolis
– Saturday, July 31: Supershow – Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee
– Sunday, August 1: Supershow – Little Caesars Arena in Detroit
– Friday, August 6: SmackDown – Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla.
– Saturday, August 7: Supershow – Hertz Arena in Fort Myers, Fla.
– Monday, August 9: Raw – Amway Center in Orlando, Fla.
– Friday, August 13: SmackDown – BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.
– Saturday, August 14: Supershow – Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C.
– Sunday, August 15: Supershow – Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, S.C.
– Friday, August 20: SmackDown – Footprint Center in Phoenix
– Saturday, August 21: SummerSlam – Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
Tickets for all events are currently on sale.