3/1 WWE Results: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Report by: Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com
Picture inside the US Cellular Center around a half hour before bell time.
— Adam Martin (@adamwrestleview) March 2, 2014
They have ditched using RAW or Smackdown video introductions and simply label the show as “WWE Live” with a new custom introduction. They also added in a fun 30 second countdown before the show was going to start that was a nice production touch.
* Dolph Ziggler def. Damien Sandow. Really fun opener. Ziggler was very popular with the crowd. During Sandow’s entrance, he walked out, didn’t like the reaction he received, walked backstage and repeated this a few times until the booing got even louder. Ziggler gets the win with the Zig Zag. Great call to have these guys open the show.
* Alexander Rusev def. Zack Ryder. Crowd is still pretty cold to Rusev at this point. Decent reaction for Ryder. Rusev has great ring presence and has real fun powerful offense. Rusev gets the win via a Camel Clutch submission.
* Natalya def. WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee in a non-title match. Before the match, AJ announced that Vickie Guerrero had changed this from a championship match to non-title. Some “CM PUNK” chants after AJ cut her promo. Natalya was very popular with the audience and took time signing autographs and taking photos at ringside during her entrance. Natalya gets the win with the Sharpshooter.
* The Wyatt Family arrives.
* Sheamus and The Usos def. The Wyatt Family. Everyone got a star reaction for this one. Wyatt Family entrance is something to experience in person. They built up to a great Sheamus hot tag with Sheamus getting the Brogue Kick on Erick Rowan for the win.
* After the break, R-Truth was out next to host a Dance Off between Jinder Mahal and Xavier Woods. Woods has the most ridiculous titan tron video that entertained everyone in my section of the arena. Mahal did air guitar to “Paradise City” and Woods danced to “Living in America.” Woods was voted the winner. Mahal then challenged R-Truth to a match.
* R-Truth def. Jinder Mahal. This one went a bit too long.
* Big Show and Kofi Kingston def. Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins w/ Dean Ambrose. The reaction to Kofi during his entrance was scary quiet. Star reactions for Big Show and The Shield. Big Show had a lot of fun early on tossing Rollins and Reigns around. Ambrose was great at ringside freaking out and yelling at the referee. After Big Show and Kingston left, The Shield started to argue about the loss. The Wyatt Family music hit and they walked out. The Wyatt’s and The Shield brawled in the ring with The Shield clearing house to send The Wyatt’s to the back. Fun ending segment to the co-main event.
* They hyped the Steel Cage main event next lowering it down. Crowd loved it.
* Big star reaction for Daniel Bryan during his entrance.
* Daniel Bryan def. Kane in a Steel Cage match. Real fun main event with Kane cutting off tons of comebacks and offense from Bryan. They teased Bryan crawling out and nearly getting over the top a few times with Kane cutting him off. Bryan ended up taking out the referee with his corner dropkick and had Kane pinned off a flying knee. Finish saw Bryan connect with his flying knee to get the pinfall.