Neal Jones sent this in.
Recap of Jose Luis Rivera on In Your Head Wrestling Radio, 05/21/2014
by Vic Schiavone
Hosts Jack E. Jones and One Inch Biceps welcomed former WWF wrestler Jose Luis Rivera to IYH Wrestling Radio.
Highlights included the following:
· As a member of Los Conquistadors, you were part of a big angle at the 1988 Survivor Series with the double turn of the Powers of Pain and Demolition. What was it like to be part of that big event?
“It was great to be in the building; what’s better is that we were the last tag team to go out. We stayed with the Powers of Pain at the end. That was great; everyone thought that we were the ones who were going to come out. Even Jesse Ventura said we didn’t have a chance with those guys; we made them look different at that.
· You ended up in a boxing match against Bob Orton. What was that like putting together?
“Well, they had gotten somebody before me, and he didn’t like it because the other guy wasn’t making him look good. They asked me if I wanted to box him and I said yeah, no problem; I’ll do it…It was something different; they liked it. We didn’t have too much time, but we did it.”
Other topics discussed included:
· When did he start with the WWF?
· Did he have a really strong fan base when he wrestled in Madison Square Garden?
· Did he prefer wrestling with a mask or without?
Jose Luis Rivera will be appearing at the New England Pro Wrestling FanFest 2014 on Saturday, June 21, 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick, Rhode Island. In addition, that night he will be inducted into the New England Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. For additional information, go to http://nepwhof.weebly.com/.
This interview is available for listening at
Please subscribe to the new IYH feed and iTunes !!!