Indy News Update #2 for October 21, 2012
Sunday, 21 October 2012 14:45
by Jason Namako
Submit your Indy news and results to: Jason@wrestleview.com
Wrestleview's Rocky Jimenez sent this in.
Here are the results from the NWA Top Of Texas Wrestling event from October 20, 2012.
- General Manager Jack Logan announced that Trick Or Beat's main event next week will feature Shawn Sanders defending the NWA-TOT Heavyweight Championship against Benny Benitez in a 3 Stages of Hell match. He also announced that he was going to battle along side his son-in-law, BioHaXxXard, to face the new NWA-TOT Tag Team Champions, Ryan Justice and Nitsu Katamoto, later tonight. Ryan and Nitsu came to the ring, and Ryan commented that, as he is also the Panhandle Champion, he is ready for any challenge. Jack would make two matches to open the show that would feature the Tag Champions in singles competition.
- Nemesis defeated Nitsu Katamoto via count out.
- Before the next match, Ryan Justice would announce his Ryan Rumble, an open invitation Battle Royal where the winner will immediately face Ryan Justice for the NWA-TOT Panhandle Championship, for next week at Trick Or Beat.
- Ryan Justice defeated CoCo Ramirez in a 5 Minute Challenge via Time Limit Draw.
- Nathan Briggs would come out and challenge Jack Logan to match for "being an dishonest cheat". He also claimed he could have won the Tag Team Championships with any tag partner. Jack Logan would change the main event to be BioHaXxXard and Briggs facing Nitsu and Ryan for the Tag Team Championships.
- Josh Jackson would challenge JoJo Benitez to a rematch from two weeks ago. JoJo would only accept if Josh put the NWA-TOT Light Heavyweight Championship on the line, which Josh quickly accepted.
- JoJo Benitez defeated Josh Jackson to become the NEW NWA-TOT Light Heavyweight Champion.
- Nolen Phillips defeated Chris Brown via DQ after Austin Riley would come out and interrupt the match and introduce Chris Brown as his new Lost Boy.
- Nathan Briggs and BioHaXxXard would defeat Ryan Justice and Nitsu Katamoto to become the NEW NWA-TOT Tag Team Champions.
- Shawn Sanders would come out to address the 3 Stages of Hell match for next week, but Copycat would come out and challenge Shawn to a match. Jack Logan would set up this match, and if Copycat won, he would take Benny's spot in 3 Stages of Hell.
- Shawn Sanders defeated Copycat in a non-title match.
Afterwards, Benny Benitez would come out and attack Shawn. The entire locker room would come out and seperate the two men. It was announce that the three matches for 3 Stages of Hell would be a First Finisher match, and Street Fight, and, if it came down to a third match, a Bull Rope match. Also, the winner would not only claim the NWA-TOT Heavyweight Championship, but would also face NWA National Heavyweight Champion "Tokyo Monster" Kahagas at Political Persecution on November 3rd.
Smart Mark Video passed this along.
Do you like watching professional wrestling? How does watching it for FREE sound?
Smart Mark Video is excited to announce that we're almost ready to begin airing live internet pay-per-views on our SMV on Demand site! First though we'd like to run some vigorous testing to ensure that we work out any kinks that may arise before we ask you to dish out your hard earned money! So this coming Friday and Saturday we're asking that you head on over to www.SMVod.com and check out the FREE offerings we've got going on, including a LIVE FREE-PER-VIEW of the Wrestling is Fun! event in Allentown, PA!
On Friday, October 26 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time we'll be serving up 30 minutes of never before seen CHIKARA action from the Road 2 Ruin Fest this past June! We'll be showing:
1) Mr. Touchdown vs. Dragonfly
2) Chuck Taylor vs. Saturyne
3) Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant vs. Ophidian & Los Ice Creams
You'll not only get those three matches for free but you'll be helping us work out any last minute kinks we might have before going LIVE thenext night for the FREE-PER-VIEW! It all goes down this Friday, October 26 at 8PM Eastern Standard Time on www.SMVod.com!
Then on Saturday, October 27 at 7PM Eastern Standard Time we'll be going LIVE from the Wrestling is Fun! event in Allentown, PA! Can't make it to Allentown? No problem! Enjoy the entire event from the comfort of your home for FREE! Announced so far:
1) Fire Ant & Green Ant vs. Obariyon & Kodama
2) UltraMantis Black vs. STIGMA
3) Saturyne vs. An opponent to be named
4) Jaka vs. Gran Akuma
5) Dasher Hatfield vs. assailANT
6) Grizzly Redwood vs. Oleg the Usurper
7) Mike Quackenbush vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
Seven big matches, all LIVE and for FREE! All you've got to do is point your browser to www.SMVod.com at 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time this Saturday, October 27 and enjoy the FREE-PER-VIEW! Free wrestling and you'll be helping out your pals at Smart Mark Video? Sounds like a win/win to us!
If you experience any issues during either night please let us know! Tweet us at @smartmarkvideo or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! That's all we ask of you for these two evenings of free pro wrestling! We want to get this whole internet pay-per-view thing right and we can't do it without your help and patience!
For more information on Wrestling is Fun! check out their website at www.wrestlingisfun.org!
For more information on Smart Mark Video and SMV on Demand check out our websites at www.SmartMarkVideo.com and www.SMVod.com!
Ring of Honor sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Wrestling Dojo Opens Tomorrow!! -
The Ring Of Honor Dojo, under head trainer DELIRIOUS, will be starting new classes during the week of October 22nd, 2012. Located in Bristol, PA (close to both I-95 and the PA turnpike), only 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia, the school has been in operation since 2004, and is a facility that includes a full size 18 foot ring, weight lifting equipment, as well as an extensive video library, and other numerous resources at your disposal.
The school is for people with all levels of experience in professional wrestling. From those with absolutely no experience looking to break in to those with previous wrestling experience looking to hone their skills, the ROH Dojo will help you to learn everything you need to know in order to start, or enhance, your wrestling career. The school is open to wrestlers (both male and female), as well as referees, managers, and valets of all shapes and sizes.
Please be aware that each student is different and the length of your individual training will likely vary. Some students may advance more rapidly than others while some will advance more slowly; what's most important is that you invest your time, energy, and your patience to get the most out of the program.
Some of the things your training will cover include:
-Emphasis on the fundamentals
-Conditioning and weight training
-Development of timing and positioning
-Advice on character development
-Assistance with promos
The cost for the ROH Dojo is as follows:
$900 down payment on the first day of class
$350 per month
*training is a 6 month program so the total cost is $3000.00
$900 will be due upon registration, and an additional $350 is due on the last day of each month of training.
For those individuals who would like to pay for the entire class on the first day of training, you will receive a special discounted price of $2650.00 (essentially one month free)!!!
Also, as part of your training, you are also highly encouraged to take the time to travel with Ring of Honor and participate as a member of the crew. Not only does this allow you the opportunity to really see what goes into setting up an event but it also gives you a chance to familiarize yourself with all the in's and out's of Ring of Honor Wrestling in a way only first-hand experience can offer.
Once you have graduated you are allowed and encouraged to participate in the ongoing training sessions. While some schools train you for only a set amount of time then send you off on your own, at the ROH Dojo, once you've graduated, you can always come back to train, work out, and meet wrestlers.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enroll in the ROH Dojo.
For more information e-mail email@example.com. For those of you interested, but who can't make the October sessions, expect a new class to start around 4 months after this.
THE NEXT SEMINAR / TRY OUT CAMP is: DEC 8th & 9th, 2012.