The following took place on Tuesday in Orlando.
TNA Impact Tapings for April 23:
– Xplosion/TNA Webcast: Awesome Kong defeated Sarah Stock.
– Xplosion/TNA Webcast: TNA X Division Champion Suicide defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir.
– Jeff Jarrett opened the show coming to the ring with the TNA World Heavyweight Title. Mick Foley comes out and Jarrett officially presents him with the title. An Ultimate Sacrifice four way match is announced for the Sacrifice PPV in May featuring Foley defending against three other wrestlers. Foley asks Jarrett who is exactly TNA management around here and books Jarrett against Scott Steiner tonight.
– The Beautiful People announce backstage that they are going to throw a big party.
– Don West interviewed Team 3D in a pre-taped segment. They address the current state of tag team wrestling in TNA and start the Team 3D Invitational tournament where the winner receives a check for $100,000, a trophy and a shot against them for the TNA World Tag Team Titles.
– Beer Money, Inc. defeated Lethal Consequences in a quarter final match in the Team 3D Invitational.
– Backstage, Kurt Angle said Team Jarrett didn’t beat them at Lockdown and that they beat themselves. Scott Steiner takes the blame for trusting Jeff Jarrett and that 20 years is now down the drain.
– Backstage, Jeff Jarrett said that Steiner is not a happy man, but that he doesn’t give a damn and says, “Screw Steiner, screw the Mafia and screw Mick Foley.” Eric Young walks up and asks Jarrett what he has to do to get noticed. Jarrett books Young in a tag match with a TNA newcomer later tonight.
– Backstage, we see some fighting between Jenna Morasca and Sharmell in the MEM locker room.
– Backstage, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels are in Jarrett’s office. Daniels thanks Jarrett for bringing him back. Jarrett said it is guys like them who make it worth it.
– Sojo Bolt defeated Taylor Wilde in a Ladder match to become the #1 contender for the TNA Knockouts Title.
– The Beautiful People hold a celebration for Angelina Love winning the TNA Knockouts Title. Awesome Kong breaks up the party.
– TNA Legends Champion AJ Styles defeated Kevin Nash via DQ when Booker T interfered.
– Eric Young & former WWE star Trevor Murdoch (under a new name that was hard to hear live reportedly) defeated No Limit in a quarter final match in the Team 3D Invitational.
– Cactus Jack’s “Smack Attack” takes place with weapons at ringside and barbed wire attached to the ring ropes. Foley then joins the commentary for the main event.
– Jeff Jarrett defeated Scott Steiner. After the match, Kurt Angle comes down and gives Jarrett an Angle Slam and put him in an Ankle Lock. Steiner helped as well. Foley leaves commentary and chases off Angle and Steiner. Foley then took out Jarrett with the chair and left him laying. Styles and Daniels ran down to make the save. Jarrett took the mic and said he knew six months ago that Foley was a maniac and the next time he sees him he will stick a pink slip up his ass. The lights then go out and Bobby Lashley’s music hits. Lashley appears at the top of the ramp and stares down to the ring. Angle and Steiner laugh and applaud Lashley.