Today, WWE issued the following press release:
Celebrities Unite to Support Hurricane Sandy Relief
March 25, 2013 STAMFORD, Conn., March 25, 2013 – WWE is joining forces with New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, Hollywood celebrities and professional athletes to launch Superstars for Sandy Relief, the largest ever global online auction to benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts in New York and New Jersey. Beginning today, through a partnership with global charity auction site Charitybuzz.com, the auction will feature unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences with WWE Superstars and other international sports and entertainment celebrities.
Fans can currently visit www.Charitybuzz.com/WWE to begin bidding on items. The proceeds will benefit the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City and Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund and runs through Tuesday, April 9 at 6pm.
Current auction items include experiences with WWE Superstar John Cena®, WWE Superstar Triple H®, Sting, Michael J. Fox, Charlie Sheen, Tony Hawk, Coldplay/Chris Martin, Carl Edwards, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Mark Cuban, Carrie Underwood, Adrian Grenier and many more.
Entertainment powerhouse Sean “Diddy” Combs will co-host a Superstars for Sandy Relief party with WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon and special guest Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg that will kick-off WrestleMania® Week on Thursday, April 4 at Cipriani Wall Street. The live auction will be led by sportscaster Joe Buck, where more incredible experiences will be made available for bidding.
“We are extremely grateful for WWE’s support of the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund,” said Governor Chris Christie. “The funds will help thousands of families and businesses in our local community as we continue to rebuild, restore and recover from the worst storm to hit New Jersey in over a century.”
“Superstars for Sandy Relief, and the subsequent funds raised, will make a huge difference in the lives of thousands of New Yorkers still recovering from Hurricane Sandy,” said Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg. “On behalf of the city of New York, we thank WWE for its overwhelming generosity.”
“The devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy continue to present challenges here at home,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO. “We are proud to partner with Mayor Bloomberg and Governor Christie on Superstars for Sandy Relief, a global auction that will provide significant financial support for relief efforts in New York and New Jersey.
Online auction highlights include:
• John Cena – Attend a NASCAR race with WWE Superstar John Cena
• New Jersey Governor Chris Christie – Time Magazine’s Governor Christie “The Boss” cover – enlarged to 11x14, autographed and personalized to winning bidder
• Sting – Meet Sting and attend his “Back To Bass” Concert at Mohegan Sun on June 22, 2013
• Charlie Sheen – Have lunch with Charlie on the set of FX’s Anger Management, be an extra on the show and take home a signed copy of the script
• Carrie Underwood – Meet Carrie Underwood with 4 Tickets to Her Blown Away Tour
• Michael J. Fox – Meet Michael J. Fox on the set of his NBC comedy series The Henry’s
• Mark Cuban – Win a chance to pitch a business idea to entrepreneur, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in Dallas
• Miranda Lambert - Two tickets and meet & greet to any of her upcoming tour dates
• Carl Edwards – Meet NASCAR driver Carl Edwards with 2 pit passes, 2 race tickets and a garage tour for the Pocono 400 at Pocono Raceway on June 9
• MetLife Stadium VIP packages with Kenny Chesney, Monster Jam ® Monster Trucks and Penn State vs. Syracuse College Football
• New York Jets and New York Football Giants VIP Packages, including tickets, tours and access to private events
• Hang out with FOX Sports NFL play-by-play commentators Joe Buck and Dallas Cowboys legend Troy Aikman before the NFL game of your choice
• Coldplay/Chris Martin – Collect a one-of-a-kind guitar modified specifically for and used by Chris Martin during Coldplay's MX 2012 Tour
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming is broadcast in more than 145 countries and 30 languages and reaches more than 600 million homes worldwide. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Istanbul and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online auctions with the world’s most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring access to acclaimed actors and musicians, business and political leaders, sports stars, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $75 million for charity. To learn more, visit www.Charitybuzz.com, like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Charitybuzz or follow us on Twitter at @Charitybuzz.
About the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City:
The Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to innovative public-private partnerships throughout NYC’s five boroughs. One hundred percent of donations in response to Hurricane Sandy are being dispersed to relief efforts and organizations. In the immediate aftermath of the storm, contributions helped to support the supply and transport of emergency needs including hot food, toiletries, baby supplies, cleaning materials, warm clothing and medications for New Yorkers. The Mayor's Fund is now focused
on longer-term rebuilding and restoration efforts, including sponsoring a network of housing
counselors and legal service providers to help residents, mold awareness trainings and treatment in homes, and programs for nonprofit organizations and local businesses affected by the hurricane. For more information go to www.nyc.gov/fund and follow the Fund on Twitter @NYCMayorsFund.
About the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund:
The Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund Inc. is a non-profit organization that raises and distributes funds to organizations that support the recovery and rebuilding efforts of New Jersey communities impacted by the storm. The Fund aims to make a sustainable, long-term impact and focuses on programs that address the unmet needs of New Jersey communities. For more information, visit http://sandynjrelieffund.org.