WWE issued the following press release:
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE, TRAIN, FLO RIDA, SHARON OSBOURNE, OMAR EPPS AND CHELSEA HIGHTOWER JOIN WWE® AND THE CREATIVE COALITION TO STOP BULLYING
STAMFORD, Conn., August 14, 2014 – The Creative Coalition and WWE (NYSE:WWE), co-founders of the Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect) anti-bullying initiative, today announced the launch of the S.T.A.R. Alliance, a group of actors, musicians, comedians, athletes, television personalities and members of The Creative Coalition, who have joined together to help put an end to bullying.
Members of the S.T.A.R. Alliance will join WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars such as Big Show®, The Miz® and Mark Henry, and The Creative Coalition to spread the Be a STAR message of showing tolerance and respect to help combat bullying, reaching more than 400 million social media followers combined. Select S.T.A.R. Alliance members will also participate and share their stories at Be a STAR anti-bullying rallies across the U.S., including this week in Los Angeles as part of WWE's community outreach events during SummerSlam® Week.
S.T.A.R. Alliance members include:
• Quinton Aaron (The Blind Side)
• Kris Allen (American Idol Winner)
• Jose Bautista (Toronto Blue Jays)
• Andrea Bowen (Desperate Housewives)
• Erin Cummings (Astronaut Wives Club)
• Tim Daly (Madam Secretary)
• Daughtry (Grammy Nominated)
• Omar Epps (Resurrection)
• Flo Rida (Grammy Nominated)
• Florida Georgia Line (Award Winning Country Superstars)
• Skylar Grey (Grammy Nominated)
• Chelsea Hightower (Dancing with the Stars)
• Caleb Johnson (American Idol Winner)
• Arielle Kebbel (John Tucker Must Die)
• Piers Morgan (Piers Morgan Tonight)
• Ryan Ochoa (Pair of Kings)
• Sharon Osbourne (The X-Factor)
• Darius Rucker (Hootie & The Blowfish)
• Cassie Scerbo (Make It Or Break It)
• Kendall Schmidt (Big Time Rush)
• Chaske Spencer (The Twilight Sagas)
• Train (Grammy Award Winning)
• Gerard Way (formerly of My Chemical Romance)
• Pete Wentz (Grammy Nominated Fall Out Boy)
• Constance Zimmer (House of Cards)
"The mission of the S.T.A.R. Alliance is to use pop culture's most influential voices to help eradicate the raging bullying epidemic plaguing America's schools," said Robin Bronk, CEO of The Creative Coalition. "We are delighted to partner with WWE to bring these powerful and inspirational voices of the entertainment industry to encourage children to be participatory in standing up to bullies."
"WWE is proud to help bring together a diverse group of international celebrities who all share the vision to stop bullying forever," said Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE. "Through the joint efforts of WWE, The Creative Coalition and the S.T.A.R. Alliance, we hope to reach millions of young people and provide them with the knowledge and resources they need to help put an end to bullying in their communities."