WWE COO Paul “Triple H” Levesque took part in a conference call on Tuesday with members of the pro wrestling media to promote tomorrow night’s NXT TakeOver: The End live special on the WWE Network. Here are some notable highlights from the call:
* Triple H says the TakeOver: The End name has a lot of meanings and fans will see that tomorrow night.
* Touts the TV tapings on Thursday night, the NXT tour of the UK next week and the beginnings of the Cruiserweight Classic at the end of June.
* Talent announcements for the Cruiserweight Classic will be coming soon, there will be lots of surprises and the presentation of it will be totally different than anything WWE does.
* Triple H says that he thinks the NXT roster will be different after the brand split, but he doesn’t know for sure at this time, but the strength in NXT is how it remains fresh in spite of talent being called up to the main roster.
* On the status of Eric Young and Bobby Roode signing with NXT, Triple H says that they are still working things out with both of them and to stay tuned.
* On the status of Hideo Itami, Triple H says that he hopes that Itami will be back in action very soon.
* Triple H says that there has been ideas thrown about a possible women’s tournament in the pattern of the Cruiserweight Classic and other potential concepts, but nothing is set in stone.
* On the possibility of WWE and NXT being a place for former UFC fighters to go to after their MMA career is done, Triple H says that those opportunities are there, but the opportunity is the same with former NFL players and athletes in other sports as well.
Wrestleview.com will have live coverage of NXT TakeOver: The End tomorrow night beginning at 7:30 PM ET.