Update on Chris Jericho’s AEW status

According to a report from Fightful Select, those who are both those around Chris Jericho and AEW are under the belief that his contract was frozen after he took time off early last year.

The publication wrote, “Chris Jericho is still firmly under AEW contract. The belief from those around Jericho and in AEW is that his deal was frozen after he took time off in 2025.”

Fight Select also notes that when they asked AEW “a number of times” in an official capacity if Jericho had left the company, they have not received a response. Jericho’s profile is still listed the roster page of AEW’s website. Furthermore, the report added that there has been no internal memo released regarding his exit, which is said to be standard procedure within the company.

Jericho was last seen on the April 9, 2025 episode of Dynamite, where he disbanded the Learning Tree, telling Big Bill and Bryan Keith how disappointed he was in them and then said he was ‘going home.’ Since then, there has been much speculation surrounding his future and where he may land next. Last November, it has been reported that WWE made Jericho and offer that involved a retirement storyline. Initially the belief was Jericho’s AEW deal was up in December of 2025, with rumors last December that Jericho could have been a surprise entrant in this year’s WWE Royal Rumble.

Total
0
Shares