Actor Kevin Smith appeared Wednesday on The Rich Eisen show with current AEW World Champion Chris Jericho to promote AEW and the Silent Bob Reboot that hits theaters next Tuesday, October 15.
Smith and Jason Mewes of the Silent Bob Reboot film were interviewed at ringside by Chris Van Vliet during last week’s premiere episode of AEW Dynamite on TNT to promote the new movie which Jericho also has a role in.
According to Smith, he and Mewes were uninvited from appearing on the premiere of WWE Friday Night SmackDown that same week on FOX due to their appearance on the debut of AEW Dynamite on TNT.
During the 4:12 mark of the interview, Smith says they (he and Jay) were supposed to “go do WWE SmackDown…but that the next morning WWE told them can’t come on anymore, and they canceled us.”
You can watch the entire interview above.