Anthem has announced the launch of the Fight Network in the UK this week.
This launch will also allow UK wrestling fans to watch a live simulcast of Impact every week as it airs live in the United States on Pop TV.
You can check out the full press release below.
Fight Network Launches in the UK on SKY and Freesat
Weekly IMPACT Wrestling show airs on Fridays at 1am and 9pm – as part of a compelling line-up of wrestling, MMA and combat sports from around the world
LONDON | TORONTO – Fight Network, the world’s premier multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, today announced it has launched on Channel 192 on SKY and Channel 161 on Freesat across the UK.
“We are delighted to expand Fight Network’s global footprint to the UK,” said Peter Einstein, COO of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., the parent company of Fight Network. “The UK is rooted in combat sports tradition, producing many world champions and memorable personalities over the years. Our diverse programming line-up will showcase premium combat sports content from around the world, while highlighting local stars and events, and we plan to bolster our schedule with more exciting content over the next few months.”
“Based on popular demand, we are excited to announce that IMPACT Wrestling fans in the UK can now watch our weekly show contemporaneous with its North American broadcast premiere, as well as replays in primetime,” added Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling.
Fight Network will broadcast on Showcase TV in the UK starting at 9:00 p.m. every night. As well as being found on SKY and Freesat, Fight Network on Showcase TV can also be viewed online, by visiting www.information.tv/showcase and pressing play on the Showcase TV icon.
Some of the featured programming on Fight Network in the UK will include:
• IMPACT Wrestling – Live weekly simulcast Fridays at 1:00 a.m. of IMPACT Wrestling’s flagship show with primetime repeats on Fridays and Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. IMPACT showcases top professional wrestling stars such as Austin Aries, Johnny Impact, Moose, Eli Drake, Pentagon Jr., Fenix, Rich Swann, Matt Sydal, Brian Cage, local UK stars such as Grado and Joe Hendry, the high-flying X-Division, plus the lovely and lethal Knockouts, including Su Yung, Rosemary, Allie, Madison Rayne and Tessa Blanchard.
• Ultimate Challenge MMA – Based in London, UCMMA is one of Europe’s leading MMA promotions. Events deliver a bigger, faster and tougher experience with all the drama, glory and full contact fighting that UK MMA fans demand.
• Abu Dhabi Grand Slam – Coverage of grappling events from the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation, showcasing the best submission specialists in tournaments held around the world, including London.
• WGP Kickboxing – South America’s premier kickboxing league based in Brazil, featuring hard-hitting knockouts from some of the best strikers in the world.
• Wrestling at the Chase – Iconic professional wrestling series from St. Louis from the 1950s to 1980s, featuring past legends such as Ric Flair, Harley Race and Lou Thesz.
• Retrospective – Original Fight Network series highlighting combat sports fighters and personalities as they relive pivotal career moments.
• Xplosion – Weekly show from IMPACT Wrestling featuring exclusive matches only seen internationally, plus behind-the-scenes footage, original sitdown interviews and throwback matches highlighting memorable historical moments.
• British Boot Camp – Series documenting the careers of British professional wrestlers seeking a contract with IMPACT Wrestling, featuring next generation stars such as Rockstar Spud, Marty Scurll and Grado, as they train under the mentorship of legends such as Hulk Hogan and Sting.
Fight Network is currently available on cable, satellite and digital platforms in the U.S., Canada and select countries in Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.
For a full listing of Fight Network’s broadcast schedule, please visit www.fightnetwork.com.