According to a new report from F4WOnline, during Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE has sent feelers out regarding former IMPACT Wrestling World Champion Tessa Blanchard.
We reported on Friday that Tessa Blanchard’s contract had been terminated and stripped of the World Title. Her current contract was set to expire just before Saturday, July 18, which is the same day of the Slammiversary PPV. It was also noted that IMPACT was said to be hopeful they could have come to an agreement with her for at least one more match.
She has been in Mexico with her fiancee and fellow wrestler Daga, and has not been at the last two sets of IMPACT tapings due to concerns about getting back into the United States due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
She signed a two-year deal with IMPACT back in 2018 and worked with both men and women, holding the IMPACt Knockouts Championship once and most recently the first woman to win and hold IMPACT World Title.
Blanchard appeared for WWE in a a few matches for NXT in 2016. She also wrestled in the 2017 Mae Young Classic, losing in the first round to Kairi Saine.
Meltzer said he didn’t know if there was any interest from AEW in signing Blanchard, who’s father WWE Hall of Famer Tully Blanchard is current signed to as an on-screen manager for Shawn Spears.