Indy News Update #1 for April 1, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
CHIKARA sent this in:
Daisuke Sekimoto returns to CHIKARA as captain of Team BJW at King of Trios!
The biggest pro-wrestling tournament of 2010 – King of Trios – rolls into Philadelphia on April 23rd! Wrestlers from around the globe will take part, and today, we add a threesome representing Big Japan Wrestling!
Our annual 3-day extravaganza hosts 48 wrestlers divided up into 3-man teams, and is the high water mark of the CHIKARA year! Everything pertaining to this mega-event can be found here:
Take a look at the announced trios thus far:
1) F.I.S.T. (King of Trios 2009 Winners) – Gran Akuma, Chuck Taylor & Icarus
2) The Colony – Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Green Ant
3) Team Frightning – “Lightning” Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & Frightmare
4) The UnStable – Vin Gerard, STIGMA & Colin Delaney
5) The Future is Now – Jigsaw, Equinox & Helios
6) Bruderschaft des Kreuzes – Claudio Castagnoli, Ares & Tursas
7) The Jackson Three – Nick, Malachi & Matt Jackson
8) The Throwbacks – Dasher Hatfield, Sugar Dunkerton & Matt Classic
9) Bruderschaft des Kreuzes – Tim Donst, Pink Ant & Lince Dorado
10) Team Mexico – El Valiente, Turbo & Jorge “Skayde” Rivera
11) F1rst Family – Arik Cannon, Darin Corbin & Ryan Cruz
12) Team Perros del Mal – Alebrije, Cuije & El Oriental
…and just added…
13) Team BJW – Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Kankuro Hoshino
JUST RELEASED…the three latest additions to the CHIKARA catalog have arrived! Complete with backstage interviews, every single match plus original artwork, our February events “The Mint Condition” and “A World of Comforting Illusions” are available – own them at SmartMarkVideo.com right now! Plus, a remastered release of our first 2 live events ever (from back in May of 2002) are also up for sale, featuring newly recorded commentary by Mike Quackenbush and Bryce Remsburg!
Season 9 is here:
King of Trios 2010
4.23 – 25.2010 – All Weekend Long!
Live @ The (ECW) Arena!
7 W. Ritner St. (corner of Swanson!)
in clean South Philly, PA!
Tickets go on sale January 1st!
5.22.2010 – Saturday Evening
Live @ The Tyngsboro Sports Complex!
18 Progress Avenue
in picturesque Tyngsboro, MA!
The action starts @ 7:00 pm!
5.23.2010 – Sunday Afternoon
Live @ The ACE Arena!
725 Sip Street
in convenient Union City, NJ!
The action starts @ 4:00 pm!
Our homebase: www.chikarapro.com – Now in Japanese!
New to CHIKARA? Start here: www.chikara101.com
For our free, weekly video podcast: www.chikarapodcast.com
Get free updates on your mobile device: twitter.com/chikarapro
Join our official fan club: www.chikarmy.com
On Facebook! www.facebook.com/chikarapro
On MySpace! www.myspace.com/chikarapro
Devin Cutting sent this in:
The Pure Wrestling Association returns to Boomers 96 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on Sunday, April 18th, 2010 at 2 PM with these matches:
Geza Kalman vs. George Terzis for the Pure Wrestling Championship
Eric Cairnie vs. Shawn Arctic for the Ontario Championship
Eddie Osbourne vs. Scotty Turner
Turcan Celik vs. Moondog Buddy vs. Kwan Chang vs. Brock Barker
Super Kamikaze vs. Zakk Atticus
Also appearing are Elian Habanero, The Hollywood Hunks, Jeff Black, Joey Allen & Rare Breed.
Steven Ashe sent this in:
GCW – Great Canadian Wrestling
Direct Energy Centre
Day 1 – March 26, 2010
1) Hornet def Rip Impact
2) Kraven def Rip Impact
3) Lex Luthor vs Warhed – result unknown
4) Superboy def Kraven
5) Rip Impact vs Orange Guy w/ Mohawk – result unknown
6) Ryu def Kraven
7) Scorpion w/ Johnny Cage vs Rip Impact – result unknown
8) Scorpion vs Hornet – result unknown
9) Super Mario def Warhed
10) Rip Impact def Super Mario
11) Austin “Consequences” Creed w/ “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka def Hornet
Day 2 – March 27, 2010
1) Professor X def Bane
2) Spiderman def Scarecrow
3) Super Mario def Kingpin
4) Guille def Ryu
5) Red & Blue (Spiderman & Super Mario) def Lex Luthor & Kingpin
6) Spiderman won a Battle Royal also featuring Ashley Sixx, Super Mario, Red Skull, Rip Impact, Freddy Kreuger, Scarecrow
7) Lex Luthor def Spiderman
8) Super Mario def Scarecrow
9) Ashley Sixx def Rip Impact
10) Red Skull def Super Mario
11) Zangief & Cammy def Scorpion & Vega
12) Spiderman def Kingpin
13) Professor X def Scarecrow
14) Anthony Darko def Super Super Lightning
15) Cezar def Rip Impact
16) Black Lantern & Wario def Rip Impact & Spiderman
17) Jake O’Reilly def PJ Tyler in an intergender match
18) Scarlett Spider def Symbiote Spider
19) Austin “Consequences” Creed def Hornet
Day 3 – March 28 2010
1) Super Mario def Green Ranger
2) Scarecrow def Rip Impact
3) John Rambo vs Rip Impact – result unknown
4) Jason Voorhees & Black Lantern vs Super Mario & Rip Impact – result unknown
5) Darth Vader def Casey Jones and Rip Impact
6) Green Lantern def Kraven
7) Rip Impact def Red Ranger (Special Guest Referee: Super Mario)
Michael Tartaglia sent this in:
Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
at the FLYERS SKATE ZONE
601 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, New Jersey 08043
BODY SLAM AUTISM MEET & GREET – NOON
(with WWF/E Hall of Famer & Legend “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka & “Wiseguy” Jimmy Cicero)
BELL TIME – 2PM
Please see the end of this press release regarding how YOU can help the Animal Adoption Center (AAC) by bringing a monetary donation or a donation of needed supplies to our Apr 11th event. The AAC is a No-Kill Shelter that receives no funding from state, local or federal government.
SEARCH FOR “THE BEAST” UNSUCCESSFUL…
After nearly two months, the TWA office and Comissioner Joel Goodhart have not be able to make contact with the former TWA Heavyweight Champion “The Beast” Glen Osbourne. Osbourne was not happy upon losing the TWA Title on Jan 31, especially since it was “Hitman” Tony Stetson who was pinned by “Mr. Wrestling” Steve Corino in the TRIPLE THREAT TITLE MATCH, which states that there is one fall, whoever scores the fall wins the title and the defending champion does not have to be the one to lose the fall. Osbourne declined his rematch with Corino for Apr 11th, citing a previous personal commitment he had to keep.
Goodhart has been trying to book Osbourne for future TWA events and also arrange a championship match due to him by virute of his rematch clause with whomever is the reigning TWA champion at such time. All emails sent to Osbourne have been returned undeliverable and his cell phone serivce has been terminated. Osbourne has a lot of friends in the TWA, as many began in the business together over 20 years ago. No one has had contact with Osbourne, so not only is the TWA hope to continue to retain him on our roster, but many are hoping that he is well and will make contact with someone in the TWA very soon.
WORLD-1 HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH ADDED to APR 11th…
Thanks to World-1 promoter Ryan Kavanagh and World-1 President Mike Kehner, the TWA is proud to host a World-1 Heavyweight Championship Match on Apr 11.
By defeating Steve Corino last month at WORLD-1’s State of Emergency (who was distracted by the prescence of his hated TWA rival “Hitman” Tony Stetson), “Ruthless” Ryan Saywer earned a shot at the WORLD-1 champion, “The Complex” Chris Rockwell. Sawyer has been on a roll in recent months ever since winning the 2009 Shinya Hashimoto Tournament. Later in the year he took home the World-1 Tag Team titles with partner Ricky Reyes. Chris Rockwell has led a similiar path in WORLD-1, by having the biggest breakout year of anyone on the roster. Rockwell won the 3K openweight title, the Collision Cup, the Tag Team championships and finally the WORLD-1 title.
When these two rising stars meet head to head, who will emerge victorious?
Click here to hear words from the World-1 Heavyweight Champion, Chris Rockwell:
Visit World-1 at: www.World1online.com
SHOCKWAVE the ROBOT, FUNKY FRESH and NEVER STALE…
Check out the new Shockwave video right here
Also, Shockwave the Robot will be making a personal appearance representing the TWA on Saturday, April 10th. Shockwave will be appearing at the Opening Day Ceremonies of Sewell Baseball & Softball, Inc (Gloucester County) at Burlington Avenue & Fairview Drive, Sewell, NJ 08080. Opening Ceremony will begin at 10AM. Shockwave be there to meet all the kids and their parents and he is scheduled to throw out a ceremonial first pitch! Also appearing will be Finley, the Camden Riversharks’ Mascot, and some of the Philadelphia Phillies’ Ball Girls.
For directions visit the league’s web page
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE on APRIL 11th…
We will be making an announcement on April 11th that will impact the future of the entire TWA roster!!!
TWA T-SHIRTS and HATS WILL BE AVAILABLE on APRIL 11th!
Matches signed so far*
– TWA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH- “Mr. Wrestling” Steve Corino (Champion) w/ “The Certified Genius” Rob Dimension defends against “Hitman” Tony Stetson (Challenger)
– SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH: WWF/E Hall of Fame Member & Legend “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka & “Wiseguy” Jimmy Cicero vs. “The Midnight Idol” Nicky Benz & former ECW/TNA Star Julio Dinero in Dinero’s TWA Debut
-USA vs. FRANCE FLAG MATCH: “The Red, White & Blue Express” former WWE/ECW Star The Blue Meanie & Kid America w/ Mini-America vs. Mr. Ooh La La & Robere’ Shields w/ “L’Empereur” Carlton P. Hightower … the team that captures their opponents’ country’s flag off the pole in the corner wins!!!
– TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH- “Hitman” Michael Bruno & The Sensei vs. “Living Legend” Larry Winters & Cujo
– SHOCKWAVE the ROBOT vs. Billy Bax
– Both making their TWA Debuts, “The Complex” Chris Rockwell defends his World-1 Heavyweight Championship against challenger “Ruthless” Ryan Sawyer
– Matt & Bryan Logan vs. the debuting team of Damian Dragon & Adam Cole
– Making his TWA Debut, “The Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes will be defending his WORLD-1 North American Championship against another TWA newcomer Alex Anthony
– SIX MAN GAUNTLET MATCH for a PERMANENT SPOT on the TWA ROSTER: Don E. Allen, Ryu Lee, Shane Harris, Breaker Morant, Jimmy Jannetty, and “The Angry Pizza Man” Johnny Calzone (order of participants will be randomly selected)
*Card subject to change.
Tickets are now on sale for the TWA April 11th “Adopt-A-Pet” show. They are ONLY $12.00 ringside and $10.00 general admission.
For more information on TWA events, tickets, directions, and advertising/sponsorship opportunities please visit
– http://www.twaprowrestling.com ,
– email firstname.lastname@example.org
– or call 856-232-9332 (Hair by Dezign).
Venue Driving Directions:
According to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), animal shelters care for 6-8 million dogs and cats every year in the United States, of whom approximately 3-4 million -about one every eight seconds- are euthanized.
The Animal Adoption Center (AAC) in Lindenwold, New Jersey, is a No-Kill Shelter that was established in July 1991. Because of their No-Kill policy, the AAC receives no assistance from state, county, or city agencies; they are totally self-supporting in that their funds come from adoptions, donations (and some matching funds), and fund raising efforts. 90% of all income goes directly to the care, health, and support of our animals. Another 7% is used for building upkeep and unavoidable expenses such as maintenance and insurance, and the remaining 3% goes into our fund raising efforts. Our contributors (YOU) pay for pet food, utilities, the salaries of our employees, and our annual vet bill-which is over $38,000.00.
The TWA is having the AAC at our April 11th show to raise awareness about homeless animals/pets, collect donations for the shelter (supplies/money) and hopefully get at least one pet adopted as a result of the show, either directly or indirectly.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP…
1. Make a monetary donation the AAC via mail, on-line Pay Pal or in person at the TWA Show on Apr 11th http://www.animaladoption.com/give/donate.html
2. Make a donation of supplies needed off of the AAC Wish List direct with the AAC or in person at the TWA Show on Apr 11th http://www.animaladoption.com/give/wishlist.html
3. Volunteer to work at the AAC
4. Support AAC’s partners
5. Spread the word to family, friends, co-workers and on your social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and myspace http://www.animaladoption.com/index.html
6. If you have room in your home and heart, adopt a pet
This year over 1250 cats and dogs, puppies and kittens are now loved and safe at home with their families. Thanks to you, thanks to us. But the animals keep showing up. Can we say, “There is no room at the Inn?” With your help our “inn” stays open. Without you there is no us. – Animal Adoption Center, Lindenwold, New Jersey.
Visit TWA on FACEBOOK at
To buy both classic and current TWA DVDs, visit
Visit the webpages of “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka at
You can support BODYSLAM AUTISM live and in person on April 11th or on-line by visiting http://www.jimmycicerowrestling.com/products.html
T-Shirts are ONLY $10.00 each.
Fat Frank sent this in:
Jersey All Pro Wrestling returns to the Golden Door Charter School 180-9th Street in Jersey City, NJ on Saturday night April 17, 2010 with a 8pm bell. Doors open 7pm with a 7:30 Pre show.
Tickets: 1st Row $25 2nd $20 Bleachers $15 Tickets will be sold at the door that night. Fans looking to reserve tickets can email Frank at email@example.com or Call 201-377-0308.
JAPW World Heavyweight Title Match
Dan Maff (c) vs Hillbilly Wrecking Crew Member Nick “FN” Gage
Former WWE/ECW Superstar The Chair Swinging Freak Balls Mahoney returns to Jersey City and will clash with “The Bulldozer’ Brodie Lee!
Former WWE Superstar and current JAPW NJ State Champion Charlie Haas returns home to where his career started “Hudson County” and will give the man he defeated for the Championship in under 15 seconds a rematch, Devon Moore.
Former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino will clash with The King of Diamonds Eddie Kingston.
Sami Callihan will try to ruin the Jersey City return of Chris Dickinson
JAPW Light Heavyweight Champion Bandido Jr will defend the title against the man many fans feel is his greatest Championship threat to date Sabian!
After almost one year, former JAPW Tag Team Champions The Garden State Gods get a title rematch against the new Champions Da Heavy Hitters!
Challenge from the Rising Sun. JAPW Women’s Champion Sara Del Rey has defended the Championship on a TNA EVENT, and from NJ to Texas! On April 17th in Jersey City, NJ she will battle Japanese sensation Ayumi Kurihara!
In a MUST-SEE Female tag featuring joshi puroresu athletes, Sumie Saki will team with Hiroyo Matsumoto and battle Misaki Ohata & Tomoka Nakagawa.
Jonny D’s South Side Playaz Club with also be in action as will the Undefeated DJ Hyde.
Fans that reserved tickets at the last Rahway event “MUST” confirm their seats or they will be resold!