Indy News Update #1 for April 11, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Michael Tartaglia sent this in:
Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA)
Sunday, April 11, 2010
at the FLYERS SKATE ZONE
601 Laurel Oak Road
Voorhees, New Jersey 08043
BODY SLAM AUTISM MEET & GREET – NOON
(with WWF/E Hall of Famer & Legend “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka & “Wiseguy” Jimmy Cicero)
BELL TIME – 2PM
Please see the end of this press release regarding how YOU can help the Animal Adoption Center (AAC) by bringing a monetary donation or a donation of needed supplies to our Apr 11th event. The AAC is a No-Kill Shelter that receives no funding from state, local or federal government.
* Sponsored in part by JIFFY LUBE
Also a note for all fans, please be sure to retain your ticket stubs for this event as there is a $5.00 off coupon to Jiffy Lube for Signature Service Oil Change at these locations only…
508 S. Lenola Road
Maple Shade, NJ
5781 Route 42
Thanks to Jiffy Lube for this great offer!
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE MADE on APRIL 11th…
We will be making an announcement on April 11th about our next event that will impact the future of the entire TWA roster!!!
TWA T-SHIRTS and HATS WILL BE AVAILABLE on APRIL 11th!
Matches signed so far*
– TWA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH- “Mr. Wrestling III” Steve Corino (Champion) w/ “The Certified Genius” Rob Dimension defends against “Hitman” Tony Stetson (Challenger)
– SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH: WWF/E Hall of Fame Member & Legend “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka & “Wiseguy” Jimmy Cicero vs. “The Midnight Idol” Nicky Benz & former ECW/TNA Star Julio Dinero in Dinero’s TWA Debut
-USA vs. FRANCE FLAG MATCH: “The Red, White & Blue Express” former WWE/ECW Star The Blue Meanie & Kid America w/ Mini-America vs. Mr. Ooh La La & Robere’ Shields w/ “L’Empereur” Carlton P. Hightower
– TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH- “Hitman” Michael Bruno & The Sensei vs. “Living Legend” Larry Winters & Cujo
– SHOCKWAVE the ROBOT vs. Billy Bax
– Both making their TWA Debuts, “The Complex” Chris Rockwell defends his World-1 Heavyweight Championship against challenger “Ruthless” Ryan Sawyer
– Matt & Bryan Logan vs. the debuting team of Damian Dragon & Adam Cole
– Making his TWA Debut, “The Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes will be defending his WORLD-1 North American Championship against another TWA newcomer Alex Anthony
– SIX MAN GAUNTLET MATCH for a PERMANENT SPOT on the TWA ROSTER: Don E. Allen, Ryu Lee, Shane Harris, Breaker Morant, Jimmy Jannetty, and “The Angry Pizza Man” Johnny Calzone (order of participants will be randomly selected)
*Card subject to change.
Tickets are now on sale for the TWA April 11th “Adopt-A-Pet” show. They are ONLY $12.00 ringside and $10.00 general admission.
For more information on TWA events, tickets, directions, and advertising/sponsorship opportunities please visit
– http://www.twaprowrestling.com ,
– email firstname.lastname@example.org
– or call 856-232-9332 (Hair by Dezign).
Venue Driving Directions:
According to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), animal shelters care for 6-8 million dogs and cats every year in the United States, of whom approximately 3-4 million -about one every eight seconds- are euthanized.
The Animal Adoption Center (AAC) in Lindenwold, New Jersey, is a No-Kill Shelter that was established in July 1991. Because of their No-Kill policy, the AAC receives no assistance from state, county, or city agencies; they are totally self-supporting in that their funds come from adoptions, donations (and some matching funds), and fund raising efforts. 90% of all income goes directly to the care, health, and support of our animals. Another 7% is used for building upkeep and unavoidable expenses such as maintenance and insurance, and the remaining 3% goes into our fund raising efforts. Our contributors (YOU) pay for pet food, utilities, the salaries of our employees, and our annual vet bill-which is over $38,000.00.
The TWA is having the AAC at our April 11th show to raise awareness about homeless animals/pets, collect donations for the shelter (supplies/money) and hopefully get at least one pet adopted as a result of the show, either directly or indirectly.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP…
1. Make a monetary donation the AAC via mail, on-line Pay Pal or in person at the TWA Show on Apr 11th http://www.animaladoption.com/give/donate.html
2. Make a donation of supplies needed off of the AAC Wish List direct with the AAC or in person at the TWA Show on Apr 11th http://www.animaladoption.com/give/wishlist.html
3. Volunteer to work at the AAC
4. Support AAC’s partners
5. Spread the word to family, friends, co-workers and on your social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and myspace http://www.animaladoption.com/index.html
6. If you have room in your home and heart, adopt a pet
This year over 1250 cats and dogs, puppies and kittens are now loved and safe at home with their families. Thanks to you, thanks to us. But the animals keep showing up. Can we say, “There is no room at the Inn?” With your help our “inn” stays open. Without you there is no us. – Animal Adoption Center, Lindenwold, New Jersey.
Visit TWA on FACEBOOK at
To buy both classic and current TWA DVDs, visit
Visit the webpages of “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka at
You can support BODYSLAM AUTISM live and in person on April 11th or on-line by visiting http://www.jimmycicerowrestling.com/products.html
T-Shirts are ONLY $10.00 each.
PTW sent this in:
RESULTS : Power Trip Wrestling, Saturday 10th April 2010, Deaf Cultural Centre, Birmingham
A lively evening at the Deaf Cultural Centre, a sell out crowd, and an exciting evening’s wrestling – what more could you ask for? Here’s the results and round up of the night!
* In an elimination three way tag team match, Billy Duffy & Sal Shahid, defeated The Business (PTW Cruiserweight Champion “Mr. Clean” Anton Green & Gabriel Myers), and The International Saviours of Professional Wrestling (Chris Brookes & Evan Sarven). This was an action packed start to the evening.
* In a women’s match, Tiffany Wantsmore defeated ‘The Diva’ Janey B.
* In singles action, and a hard hitting match, Tommy Stevens defeated John Bull. Like him or not, Tommy Stevens is on quite a hot winning streak in PTW right now.
* In certainly the funniest match of the evening, and one of the funniest in PTW’s history, Mikey Riot defeated Jack Russell.
* Dan Edge defied ridiculous odds, and defeated Petey Staniforth, with the stipulation of if Petey lost, he would be handcuffed at ringside during the main event, and if he won, then he would be the guest referee for the main event. Petey stacked the deck against Dan, after a promo where he tore the entire Midlands apart, claiming that the area had over ten football teams and yet none of them were even half as good as his beloved Luton Town FC. In his ever present Luton shirt, Petey brought ‘Team Petey’ to ringside to be there in the match for him, and they interfered after Dan Edge had accidentally hit the referee (a clearly paid off by Petey referee, too), and it became a four on one attack; until Dan managed to get in a clothesline on Petey, then caught him in his submission hold (the same one that Petey tapped out to on the PTW show in Corby on the 27th March), and Petey tapped…tapped…and passed out, forcing the referee to have to end the match.
* In a match for the PTW World Tag Team Titles, Nemesis (‘Scumboy’ Dani Graves & Prodigy) defeated The Dunne Brothers (Pete and Damian), to retain the titles once more. This was exciting, fast paced, and now Nemesis are heading towards Saturday 17th April in Hitchin; and a ‘Career vs Titles’ match against Tommy & Danny Stevens.
* Jay Mustang defeated Adrenaline, which saw PTW’s Cruiserweight Sensation Adrenaline put in another performance and effort that defies his young age.
* Davey Jones was given the 2nd Annual Lifetime Achievement Award from the Deaf Cultural Centre. What was an emotional moment for Davey, his family, friends, and fans; clearly annoyed Petey Staniforth, who came stropping to ringside, demanding to get on with the main event; but was grabbed by the ring announcer and handcuffed at ringside, as was in line with the match stipulation.
* In the main event of the evening. a six man tag team match, the Deaf World Order (Sean Midnight, Davey Jones & Lightning Lewis) with Tracey Kilby, defeated Team Petey (Dragonian & Ryan Smile & Tommy Lust) with Petey Staniforth handcuffed at ringside. This match went back and forth, the star of Petey’s team being Ryan Smile, who was clearly very motivated to perform. The dWo took a very popular victory, but another big story came afterwards, as referee Chris Smith revealed he was wearing a dWo tshirt, and when Petey complained, Chris hit him down with one punch. From here, Lightning Lewis came off the top rope with a legdrop, which was certainly the exclamation point on their victory. Petey was carried backstage, in what we originally thought was a broken nose, but now very much appears to now worryingly be his fourth concussion in three months.
* Next up for PTW : Saturday 17th April 2010, at Remix Nightclub in Hitchin! With two shows for the price of one, on that evening, but a cheaper price than anyone else locally; you can’t afford to miss this! Email us for more details, or find the Official Power Trip Wrestling Facebook Group for regular updates.
Website : www.powertripwrestling.co.uk
Kevin sent this in:
**Just Added** to this Sunday’s HOODSLAM! event in Oakland, Ca
The dynamic duo of Lars Frederiksen (Rancid) and Kevin Gill (Backyard Wrestling video game creator, Juggalo Championship Wrestling Senior Official) have been signed on as the official announce team for the debut Hoodslam! event. Lars and Kevin recently finished up the commentary duties on the upcoming “Super Rizz Cup Tournament” memorial DVD for Bay Area wrestler DJ Rizz and their unique chemistry and take on professional wrestling have garnered rave reviews during advance screenings. They are currently in discussions with several prominent national and international wrestling companies for additional projects. The HD Camera’s will be rolling this Sunday and the mayhem of the debut HOODSLAM! event @ the Victory Warehouse in Oakland will be captured for the ages.
A night of Free Professional Wrestling, Live Music, and BYOB in Oakland, Ca!
Sunday, April 11th 2010, 6:00 pm showtime, 5:00 pm doors.
Victory Warehouse: Corner of San Pablo Avenue and 24th Street, Oakland, California
Admission is Free! Donations are accepted!
BYOB (no Glass) and 420 Friendly.
A unique take on the sport of Professional Wrestling in a decidedly non kid friendly environment. Tap the bottle, twist the cap, and prepare your blunts as some of the most high-flying and exciting professional wrestlers from around the state will compete in front of a rowdy audience. Some of the best known wrestlers from the West Coast will be in action, and some of your favorites will be debuting new gimmicks/characters for HOODSLAM!. When the mat based mayhem has ended, the sounds of Metal will fill the air and the epicenter of violence will switch it’s focus from the ring to the stage and mosh pit.
Victory Warehouse is the location of the debut of “HOODSLAM!”, a brand new exploration of entertainment which is unlike any music or wrestling show in California’s rich history. The Victory Warehouse has been responsible for some of Oakland’s wildest musical events to date, and “HOODSLAM!” plans on raising the bar for in ring mayhem and sonic assault. “HOODSLAM!” is more of a gathering, than a family friendly sporting event, so we encourage you to leave your kids at home, and to bring your favorite party accessories instead.
– Rasta Mysterio
– Sheik Khan Abadi
– Reverend Helfyre
– The Knights of the Roxbury
– “Silent Assasain” Jean-Pierre
– Juiced Lee
– Otis the Gimp
– Out of Spite
PLUS MUCH MORE WE CAN’T TALK ABOUT HERE!
– DON’T BRING YOUR F’N KIDS –
Danny Duggan sent this in:
4/10- Singles encounter added to Apr 23rd.
“Canadian Crazyhorse” Michael Elgin vs. “Lion Warrior” Bobby Sharp
After what went down at Point to Prove on March 7th Bobby Sharp contacted CWE management and demanded a match with Michael Elgin on the 23rd and it has been granted! With Matt Fairlane out with injury, Bobby Fox called on his friend Bobby Sharp to dawn the suspenders in tag team turmoil on March 7th as an honorary Strip N Dale.
Little did Sharp and Fox know they would be hitting the brick wall of Michael Elgin and Keith Walker. Sharp feels Elgin has been walking around Winnipeg with a chip on his shoulder and even more so when Walker is backing him up.
Sharp has been looking to break out in CWE for sometime and sees slaying the bully Michael Elgin as his opportunity to do that. Sharp has asked Elgin to back his attitude up one on one and Elgin has accepted in what promises to be a very competitive contest. Michael Elgin has been the breakout star of 2010 in Central Canada and looks to keep on rising to the top with another decisive win in a CWE ring. Will Elgin’s climb to the top continue or will Bobby Sharp steal Elgin’s momentum on April 23rd?!