Indy News Update #3 for April 23, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Smart Mark Video sent this in:
Smart Mark Video’s “What’s Up?” for April 22, 2009
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
PROMOTION OF THE MONTH
Anarchy Championship Wrestling has over 30 events for sale, including 5 titles that were released on the site this month.
For more information about ACW please check out their website at:
Chikara DVD “Best of 2009” $20.00
1. The Colony vs. The Osirian Portal (1/25/09) Revelation X
2. Equinox vs. Vin Gerard (1/25/09) Revelation X
3. Quackenbush/Jigsaw vs. Cheech/Cloudy (2/21/09) Motive, Means, Opportunity
4. The Osirian Portal vs. Team PWG (3/28/09) KoT: Nt. 1
5. Saint/Rivera/Quack vs. Castagnoli/Danielson/Taylor (3/28/09) KoT: Nt. 2
6. Ibushi vs. Generico vs. Jigsaw vs. Nick Jackson (3/28/09) KoT: Nt. 2
7. F.I.S.T. vs. The Future is Now (3/29/09) KoT: Nt. 3
8. Equinox vs. Colin Delaney (4/25/09) Behind the 8 Ball
9. Icarus/Taylor vs. Fire/Soldier (4/25/09) Behind the 8 Ball
10. Hallowicked/Frightmare/Delirious vs. Kingston/Brodie/Grizzly (4/26/09) Bobliographon
11. Delirious vs. Arik Cannon (5/23/09) Aniversario Yin
12. Hallowicked/Frightmare/Cheech/Cloudy vs. Quackenbush/Jigsaw/Helios/Lince (5/24/09) Aniversario Yang
13. Fire Ant/Soldier Ant vs. Icarus/Taylor (5/24/09) Aniversario Yang
14. Quackenbush/Jigsaw vs. F.I.S.T. (7/31/2009) Never Kneel at the Altar of Conformity
15. Mascarita Dorada vs. Pierrothito (8/16/09) YLC VII, Nt. 3
16. Golden Dream Triangle Trios (8/16/09) YLC VII, Nt. 3
17. Team Uppercut vs. Quack/Jigsaw (9/13/09) Hiding in Plain Sight
18. Player Uno vs. Claudio Castagnoli (10/17/09) An Optimistic View of a Pessimistic World
19. Tim Donst vs. Hydra with retirement aftermath (11/21/09) Throwing Life’s Instructions Away
20. Jigsaw vs. Gran Akuma (11/21/09) Throwing Life’s Instructions Away
21. Hallowicked/Frightmare vs. UltraMantis/Delirious (11/22/09) Three-Fisted Tales
22. Eddie Kingston vs. Claudio Castagnoli (11/22/09) Three-Fisted Tales
Chikara DVD June 12 & 13, 2009 “Chikara Japan 2009 Tour” – Saitama & Tokyo, Japan $15.00
This DVD features matches from the June 2009 Big Japan tour that featured some of the stars from Chikara.
June 12, 2009 – Saitama, Japan
1. Kaz “Green Ant” Miyakami vs. Tiger Rojo
2. Jagged & Shane Matthews vs. Mototsugu Shimizu & Atsushi Ohashi
3. Chuck Taylor vs. Michael Nakazawa
4. Fire Ant & Soldier Ant vs. UltraMantis Black & Crossbones
June 13, 2009 – Tokyo, Japan
1. Atsushi Ohashi vs. Daikokubo Benkei
2. UltraMantis Black & Crossbones vs. Shadow WX & Yuichi Taniguchi
3. Chuck Taylor vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
4. Jagged & Shane Matthews vs. Yoshihito Sasaki & Ryuichi Kawakami
6. Fire Ant & Soldier Ant & Green Ant & Atsushi Ohashi & Jaki Numazawa vs. UltraMantis Black & Crossbones & Chuck Taylor & Jagged & Shane Matthews
AAW DVD March 26, 2010 “6th Anniversary Show” – Berwyn, IL $15.00
1. Jay Bradley vs. Mason Beck
2. Danny Daniels vs. Michael Facade vs. Louis Lyndon vs. Jordan McEntyre vs. Knight Wagner vs. Trik Davis
3. Darin Corbin vs. Krotch
4. MsChif vs. Ryan Cruz
5. Zero Gravity vs. The Hybrids
6. Ryan Boz vs. Dan Lawrence
7. Silas Young vs. “M-Dogg 20” Matt Cross
8. No Rope Barbed Wire Match: The House Of Truth vs. The Phoenix Twins
Deathgrip DVD August 5, 2009 “Dysfunction vs. Havoc” – Chicago, IL $15.00
1. Jason Hades vs. Keith Walker
2. King of Bourbon St. Match
3. Ruff Crossing vs. Vito Thomaselli
4. Osyris vs. Brandon Thomaselli
5. Kash Inc. vs. Synn & Leon Rogers
6. Barefoot 10,000 Thumbtacks Death Match: Dysfunction vs. Danny Havoc
Anarchy Championship Wrestling DVD January 17, 2010 “Guilty by Association 4” – Austin, TX $15.00
1. Super-Electro vs. JC Bravo
2. Brent Masters & Matt Fitchett vs. The Lost Boys vs. The Submission Squad vs. The Smurf Nation
3. Robert Evans vs. Darin Childs
4. Khris Wolfe vs. Spiro
5. “Lunar Eclipse” Jr. Garza vs. Jaykus Plisken
6. ACH vs. JT LaMotta
7. Rachel Summerlyn vs. Portia Perez
8. The Submission Squad Pierre Abernathy & Evan Gelistico vs. Jerry Lynn & Scot Summers
9. Lillie Mae vs. Lady Poison
10. Shawn Vexx vs. Mike Dell
Anarchy Championship Wrestling DVD MARCH 11, 2007 “Claudio vs. Quackenbush” – San Antonio, TX $15.00
1. Jaykus Plisken vs. Spiro
2. Ricky Rhodes, Bart McClintock & Berry vs. El Lotus, Venom & Tony Morales
3. Double Trouble vs. Phenomenon
4. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush
5. Rexx Reed vs. Massive
6. Hardcore Match: Mitch Ryder vs. Jacob Ladder
7. Scotty Riggs vs. Scot Summers
wXw DVD February 13, 2010 “Payback 4” – Oberhausen, Germany $15.00
1. Axeman & Ivan Kiev vs. Green, White & Awesome vs. Muschi Hunters vs. OTC vs. Up in Smoke
2. Tommy End vs. Steve Douglas
3. Adam Polak vs. Bernd Föhr
4. Absolute Andy vs. Paul Tracey
5. Johnny Kidd vs. Johnny Saint
wXw DVD January 17, 2010 “18+ Underground: Chapter 2” – Germany $15.00
1. Bernd Föhr vs. El Generico
2. Bad Bones vs. Karsten Beck
3. Emil Sitoci & Steve Douglas vs. The Crimson City Saga (Tommy End & Zack Sabre Jr.)
4. Four Corners Of Pain Match: Danny Havoc vs. DJ Hyde
5. Thumbtack Jack vs. Adam Polak
6. No Ropes Barbed Wire Match: Drake Younger vs. Jon Moxley
wXw DVD January 16, 2010 “Back 2 the Roots IX” – Oberhausen, Germany $15.00
1. Big Van Walter vs. El Generico
2. Axeman & Bernd Föhr vs. The Kartel (Sha Samuels & Terry Frazier)
3. Absolute Andy vs. Jon Moxley
4. Tommy End vs. Emil Sitoci vs. Mark Haskins vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
5. DJ Hyde vs. Jimmy Havoc
6. Relaxed Rules: Oberhausen Terror Corps (Bad Bones & Carnage) vs. Danny Havoc & Thumbtack Jack
7. Steve Douglas vs. Drake Younger
IWA-MS – 4/23/10 – Bellevue, IN
Chikara – 4/23/10 – Philadelphia, PA
Chikara – 4/24/10 – Philadelphia, PA
IWA-MS – 4/24/10 – Litchfield, IL
Chikara – 4/25/10 – Philadelphia, PA
CZW – 5/8/10 – Philadelphia, PA
IWA EastCoast – 5/12/10 – Nitro, WV
Ohio Hatchet – 5/21/10 – Logan, OH
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
Joe Dombrowski sent this in:
NOW ON YOUTUBE: GARGANO/IRON SUMMIT; SHIIMA XION RETURNS; BEN FRUITH
PWO has added three new videos to its official YouTube account, located at http://www.youtube.com/PWOwrestling
THE JOHNNY GARGANO/GREGORY IRON SUMMIT – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WSeu3Uifzc
In the beginning of 2010, Johnny Gargano found himself outnumbered by the entire faction of Sex Appeal during a scheduled title match against Bobby Beverly. Just when Gargano’s PWO Title reign looked in doubt, “Handicapped Hero” Gregory Iron and his new-found tag partner Hobo Joe burst onto the scene to even the odds. After Sex Appeal had been vanquished, Gargano extended his hand to Iron & Hobo in a token of appreciation. Hobo accepted the handshake, but Greg could only turn his back and walk away.
Gargano and Iron have a history of personal hatred and animosity, including violent life-altering attacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkUlToqvco), and deeply disturbing threats and plans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCrxREewKc), however Johnny Gargano insists he is a changed man, and demanded a confrontation with Gregory Iron to prove it. Can Johnny Gargano earn Gregory Iron’s trust and right his most ultimate wrong, or are some things simply unforgivable?
SHIIMA XION RETURNS – OBEY THE SPRAY – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0G-xc_kSw
Shiima Xion is an international superstar. Dubbed the “Future of Fashion” and the “Filipino Flex Factory”, Shiima’s style in and out of the ring is as colorful and diverse as anyone’s. After already achieving great success throughout the United States, and competing abroad in Mexico and Japan, there is only one mountain left to climb… Pro Wrestling Ohio. Can this one-time male supermodel give PWO a hostile makeover?
BEN FRUITH ASKS “HAVE YOU SEEN MIKE TOLAR?” – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqaZGrrflqk
Ben Fruith was enjoying life as Pro Wrestling Ohio’s youngest star, despite less than positive circumstances. Mike Tolar, self-proclaimed “Greatest Thing Going Today”, offered to “take Ben Fruith under his wing” and train and mold him into becoming a better wrestler. In reality, Tolar just wanted a gullible kid to run his errands, do his chores, and act as a glorified servant. Fruith, trying to see the best in the situation, mistakenly believed Tolar had Ben’s best interests in mind, and gladly did whatever he was told.
However, after losing two straight PWO Title matches, a frustrated Tolar simply vanished from professional wrestling. While his true motives and reasons are still not known, his supposed “best friend” Fruith took this loss very hard. With Tolar no longer at PWO live events, and not returning phone calls of PWO officials, Ben made what was in his mind the most logical assumption… Mike Tolar is missing.
Ben Fruith began a ridiculous campaign to find his former boss, including t-shirts, newspaper ads, and ridiculous flyers. Here, Ben takes his search into the PWO crowd, much to the chagrin of The Puerto Rican Wrecking Crew’s Isaac Montana, who was scheduled for action.
FOLLOW PRO WRESTLING OHIO ONLINE
Official Website: www.PWOwrestling.com
Official Online Store: www.PWOwrestling.com/catalog
Official YouTube: www.youtube.com/pwowrestling
Official MySpace: www.myspace.com/prowrestlingohio
Official FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000283075627
PRESS RELEASE INFORMATION
Questions and comments on this press release, or requests for information on having your news site added to the list of recipients of this release, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Wrestling Ohio is a regional independent professional wrestling organization headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Since opening its doors in October 2007, PWO has been televised via the Sports Time Ohio network, official television home of the Cleveland Indians, available in over 4 million homes via basic cable and available nationwide via select sports packages on both DirecTV and Dish Network. PWO utilizes the most exciting and talented professional wrestlers in the region today, with names such as “M-Dogg 20” Matt Cross, Jason Bane, Johnny Gargano, Portia Perez, N8 Mattson and Mike Tolar. PWO also works closely with various causes, having helped raise funds & awareness for such groups as the Cops & Kids program, Wrestler’s Rescue, and variety of other groups that aid worthy causes and communities. Pro Wrestling Ohio holds live events on a routine basis in suburban Cleveland, Ohio. For more information on PWO, please visit www.pwowrestling.com or e-mail email@example.com
Joshua Hlavka sent this in:
Results from the 4/22 April Assault show hosted by ECPW and HWO at Hofstra University are as followed: All Money is Legal beat Crazy Bastards in a tag match Maximus Sex Power beat Muscles Marinara and The Pitboss in a triple threat Justin Toxic beat Tommy Gunnz Danny DeManto over Big Money Daizee Haze over Rayna Von Tash And the main event was Balls Mahoney vs. Spike Dudley which went to a no contest when All Money is Legal interfered, which led to: Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley beat All Money is Legal in a Hardcore Tornado Tag Match Balls and Spike were very over and DeManto worked the crowd great. Was a great show and I hope Hofstra University puts on shows like this more often.
C4 Wrestling sent this in:
A Response to the Howl!
A few days ago, we passed along a cryptic message from “The Wolfmun” – who we are now aware are none other than Twiggy and Beef Wellington.
“The Wolfmun” made mention of “two fallen Warriors”, which sparked a loud reaction from one half of the defeated team on March 13th – Josh Alexander.
Alexander, on behalf of himself and “Psycho” Mike Rollins has demanded a rematch against Twiggy and Beef on Saturday May 1st.
And so it shall come to pass…. Will the Wolfmun howl? Or, will the Warriors rise?
Tag Team Rematch!
(Twiggy & Beef Wellington)
(“Psycho” Mike Rollins & Josh Alexander)
A return… a Debut… and a call-back…
We are pleased to announce another sure to be exciting match for Saturday May 1st!
First off, making his return to C*4 action, after nearly six months, Player Uno, returns to action! Uno was set for a C*4 Championship match in January, however missed his chance to challenge Steen for the title when the event was cancelled. He was struck by the injury bug in February, and as a result missed March 13th’s event.
Uno returns to action on May 1st!
Stepping into the ring with him are two newcomers to C*4, who are both looking to make a name for themselves at Uno’s expense.
First, making his C*4 return/debut on the main roster – Nemesis. First appearing back in October of 2009 in a dark match, Nemesis impressed C*4 management and will be welcomed back on May 1st. Having gained valuable experience over the last few months, making a handful of appearances in Ring of Honor, Nemesis will be aiming to impress C*4 once again next week!
Making his C*4 debut – a young Montreal talent who has been turning heads in a variety of promotions, including IWS and MWF. A high flyer who defies gravity, “Speedball” Mike Bailey will join the action at C*4’s Stand Alone on May 1st. Not only looking to impress, Bailey looks to win, and leap from nowhere to the top of the card.
Who will walk out on top? Find out on Saturday May 1st!
“Speedball” Mike Bailey
-LIVE PRO WRESTLING!-
SATURDAY MAY 1st, 2010
C*4: Capital City Championship Combat
“STAND ALONE 2010”
Knights of Columbus Hall
260 McArthur Road,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
VIP Tickets $20 – Doors at 7PM
Advance VIP Tickets on sale NOW at the Knights of Columbus Bar.
(VIP ticket includes FIRST CHOICE SEATING and a BONUS MATCH!)
General Admission Tickets $15 – Doors at 7:30pm
Show stars at 8:00pm
Event is all ages – Alcohol sales with valid ID.
Stay up to date with all of C*4’s recent news, and event info by visiting www.c4wrestling.com
Purchase our DVD’s at www.fortunevideoediting.com and www.smartmarkvideo.com.
First Time Ever
“Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen
“Player Dos” Stupefied
Tag Team Rematch!
(Twiggy & Beef Wellington)
(“Psycho” Mike Rollins & Josh Alexander)
International Singles Showdown!
“MVP” Michael Von Payton
(Asylum & Matt Burns)
“The Prince of Persia” Rahim Ali & Rush
“Speedball” Mike Bailey
Sexxxy Eddy & Addy Starr
The Incredible Hunks
(Deeno & Cheeky)