Indy News Update #2 for May 14, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Smart Mark Video sent this in:
Smart Mark Video’s “What’s Up?” for May 13, 2009
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
PROMOTION OF THE MONTH:
Be sure to check out the F1RST Wrestling catalog and get 25% off any of their 20 events.
F1RST Wrestling Presents; “HOMECOMING” on Friday, May 28th
In Minneapolis, MN at First Avenue!
Doors Open @ 7 p.m. – Bell Time @ 8 p.m.
ALL Tickets are just $10
18+, 21 to Drink : All Ages Welcome
For more information about F1RST Wrestling please check out their websites at:
MySpace : http://www.facebook.com/l/73ade;www.myspace.com/f1rstwrestling
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/F1RST-Wrestling/240079265547
Chikara DVD April 25, 2010 “2010 King Of Trios – Night 3” – Philadelphia, PA $20.00
1. Team Osaka Pro vs. The Colony
2. Ares, Tursas & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Team Big Japan
3. Chuck Taylor vs. El Oriental
4. Tag Team Gauntlet
5. Christopher Daniels vs. Eddie Kingston
6. The Young Bucks vs. Jigsaw & Mike Quackenbush
7. Matt Cross vs. Ophidian
8. Claudio Castagnoli, Ares & Tursas vs. The Colony
9. Bonus Material: Podcast Episodes 203-205
Chikara DVD April 24, 2010 “2010 King Of Trios – Night 2” – Philadelphia, PA $20.00
1. Brodie Lee vs. Grizzly Redwood
2. Team Big Japan vs. The Future Is Now
3. Amasis vs. Matt Cross vs. Flip Kendrick vs. Malachi Jackson
4. Cuije, Alebrije & El Oriental vs. Clauudio Castagnoli, Ares & Tursas
5. Christopher Daniels vs. Hallowicked
6. F.I.S.T. vs. Team Osaka Pro
7. Frightmare vs. Ophidian vs. Cheech vs. Rich Swann
8. The Colony vs. Tim Donst, Pinkie Sanchez & Lince Dorado
9. Bonus Material: Podcast Episodes 200-202
Chikara DVD April 23, 2010 “2010 King Of Trios – Night 1” – Philadelphia, PA $20.00
1. F.I.S.T. vs. Matt Classic & The Throwbacks
2. Team Frightning (Mike Quackenbush, Frightmare & Hallowicked) vs. Team Big Japan (Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Kankuro Hoshino)
3. B.D.K. (Ares, Claudio Castagnoli & Tursas) vs. Osirian Portal & Sara Del Ray
4. The UnStable vs. Team Osaka Pro (Atushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke)
5. Aeroform & Johnny Gargano vs. The Colony
6. F1RST Family (Arik Cannon, Darin Corbin & Ryan Cruz) vs. Tim Donst, Pinkie Sanchez & Lince Dorado
7. Curry Man & Los Ice Creams vs. El Oriental, Alebrije & Cuije
8. The Future Is Now (Jigsaw, Helios & Equinox) vs. The Jackson 3 (Matt, Nick & Malachi Jackson)
9. Bonus Material: Podcast Episodes 197-199
IWA-MS DVD April 24, 2010 “April Bloodshowers 2010” – Litchfield, IL $20.00
1. Neil “Diamond” Cutter vs. Sal Thomaselli vs. Dan The Man vs. Matt Cage vs. Kyle Threat vs. Nick Brubaker vs. Bucky Collins
2. Dixieland Destroyer vs. Bill the Butcher
3. The Hooligans vs. Victorious Secret
4. Drake Younger vs. Simon Sezz
5. Tarek the Great vs. American Kickboxer II
6. Ryan Phoenix vs. Markus Crane
7. Barbed Wire Madness: Ian Rotten vs. JC Bailey
IWA-MS DVD April 23, 2010 “Prince of the Death Matches” – Bellevue, IL $20.00
1. Barbed Wire Madness: Markus Crane vs. The Dixieland Destroyer
2. Curt Hennig Drunken Tai Pei Deathmatch: Neil “Diamond” Cutter vs. Jon Moxley
3. Barbed Wire Canvas & Texas Bull Rope: Ron Mathis vs. Brian Gott
4. Barefoot Thumbtacks & Light Tubes: Kyle Threat vs. Simon Sezz
5. Ryan Phoenix vs. JC Bailey
6. Matt Cage & The Hooligans vs. Ian Rotten, Sal Thomaselli & Dan The Man
7. Sabu vs. Drake Younger
8. Unlucky 13 Fish Hooks: Neil “Diamond” Cutter vs. Kyle Threat
9. Caribbean Spider Web: Markus Crane vs. Ron Mathis
10. No Rope Barbed Wire Ultimate X Match: Neil “Diamond” Cutter vs. Marcus Crane
11. Bonus Match: JC Bailey vs. Ian Rotten
Beyond Wrestling DVD “Of Bosses and Busters” $15.00
1. Chris Dickinson vs. Eric Alverado
2. Jefferson Saint vs. Zack Novak
3. Corvis Fear vs. Shawn Blaze
4. Faith In Nothing vs. Davey Vega & Steve West
5. Chase Burnett vs. Zack Novak
6. Corvis Fear vs. Zane Silver
7. Jefferson Saint vs. Chris Dickinson
8. Davey Vega vs. Steve West
9. Davey Vega vs. Chris Dickinson
10. Jefferson Saint vs. Corvis Fear vs. Zack Novak vs. Robert Paulson
11. Faith In Nothing vs. Chase Burnett & Zane Silver
IWA-MS – 5/16 – Aurora, IL
Ohio Hatchet – 5/21 – Logan, OH
Chikara – 5/22 – Tyngsboro, MA
Chikara – 5/23 – Union City, NJ
IWA-MS – 6/4 & 6/5 – Bellevue, IL
CZW – 6/12 – Philadelphia, PA
CZW – 6/26 – Townsend, DE
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
MPW sent this in:
Mecca Pro Wrestling
presents “Eat This”
Saturday May 29th, 2010
Murphy’s Inn (917 2nd West)
Admission: $10 in advance, $12 at the door
Doors open: 6:30pm Bell time: 7:00pm
10 Man Over The Top Battle Royal to crown the first ever MPW World Champion!
Pierre “The Beast” Vachon vs. “The Fabulous French Canadian” Eric Mastrocola
“The Rage” Randy Berry vs. Dave Titan
Firestorm vs. Vampire Priest
Frank “The Machine” Couture vs. J.Q. Publik vs. “Tyrant” Eric Dawson
“White Lion” Jim Tanner vs. Reggie Marley
MTH vs. “The Oddyssey” Alex D.
Canadian Justice vs. Damien Holmes
In addition to the action-packed card we have lined up for you, up and coming hip-hop supergroup sensation ‘Elite World Artist’ will also be in the house to perform some of their mind blowing and notoriously hot tracks!
John Lynch sent this in:
Victory Pro Wrestling Returns to Deer Park on May 15, 2010
VPW Presents Pro Wrestling Live!
Deer Park Community Center
41 Homer Avenue
Deer Park, NY 11729
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Doors open 7:00pm with an approximate 7:30pm bell time.
Advance tickets are available at the Deer Park Community Center in Deer Park, Long Island
For more info call 631-357-1810 or email email@example.com
Tickets are all 1 low price of $15 so get there early to get the best seats!!!
Visit www.victoryprowrestling.com for everything VPW!!!
As always, most, if not all, of the VPW roster will be available for autographs during intermission. Come on down to watch a great night of action and meet all of your favorites.
**Special VPW Charity Basketball Game – Friday Night May 14th**
DPCC Staff vs. VPW Wrestlers
Charity Basketball Fundraiser for DPCC
Fri. 5/14 at 630pm
101 Lake Ave.
Deer Park, NY 11729
Already confirmed to appear on May 15th:
Mack Daddy Flexx, “Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes, “Ultra Sexy” Joe So Delicious, VSK, Zombie, “The Resurrection of Tag Team Wrestling” Eclipse (Jay Delta & Xandar Page), E.J. Risk, Nightmare, Funky Fresh Boyz (K-Funk & K-Fresh), Minyon, The Main Men (Mike Magnum Johnny “Muscles” Marinara), Dani DT, Sumie Sakai, Mikey Old School, Razzle Dazzle, Crossfire (Flames & Nick Saint), Coach Greg, Ms. Terri, McKenzie Williams, Black Rose, Grop, Rod, Jerry Fitzwater & More!!!
VPW Championship – Triple Threat Match
“Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes vs. “Ultra Sexy” Joe So Delicious vs. Mack Daddy Flexx (c)
This will be one fall to a finish with the winner walking away with the top prize in Victory Pro Wrestling. Mack Daddy Flexx may be the champion, but he has two of his toughest challengers coming at him at the same time. One hand is his best friend, Joe So Delicious. On the other hand is his worst nightmare, Ricky Reyes. The friendship between Joe and Flexx will have to be put on hold for the night since both men want to leave the building as champion. The dangerous wild card is Ricky Reyes who has shown time and again just how far he will take it to get what he wants. Joe has had a gripe with Flexx and VPW management for months since he was the one who actually defeated former champion, Jason Static. Reyes is still angry over his narrow defeat two weeks ago in Centereach. Will Flexx and Joe work together against a common foe?? Or will the gold blind them all and all bets are off?? Find out this Saturday night!!
VPW New York Championship Triple Threat Match
E.J. Risk vs. VSK (c)
Two short weeks ago saw two of VPW’s best take it to the limits over the New York State Championship. With a controversial finish to an epic match, E.J. Risk looks like he may have had VSK defeated for three seconds. Unfortunately for Risk, the referee missed those three seconds. VSK has never backed down from a challenge and doesn’t plan on starting now. Both men have promised to take it to another level and both men have promised victory! Only one man will stand tall at night’s end, but who will it be??
VPW Tag Team Championship
“The Resurrection of Tag Team Wrestling” Eclipse (Jay Delta & Xandar Page) vs. Crossfire (Flames & Nick Saint) w/ Mikey Old School
Mikey Old School has had his share of problems with Eclipse for the last couple of years. Lately, things have gotten physical when Eclipse almost decapitated the leader of Old School Unlimited. Old School figured the best means of revenge would be to assemble another team to try and take down the three time VPW Tag Team Champions. Two weeks ago, Crossfire came very close to doing just that, but it wasn’t their night. Can this Saturday night be the night?? Don’t dare miss the action at the Deer Park Community Center!
Women’s Wrestling Action
Sumie Sakai vs. Dani DT
Sumie Sakai had a very impressive VPW debut two weeks ago defeating Sweet Pea. Now the veteran, Sakai, will be going up against the VPW original, Dani DT. Dani DT has been in the ring with wrestlers from all of this country, but Sakai has experience from around the world. This may be Dani’s biggest challenge to date. See women at their athletic best in VPW!!
Tag Team Action
The Main Men (Mike Magnum Johnny “Muscles” Marinara) w/ Rod vs. Funky Fresh Boyz (K-Funk & K-Fresh) w/ Ms. Terri
The Main Men have been trying hard to cement themselves at the top of the tag team division. Every time they get close to achieving that, they get taken down a notch. Another team with the same goal are the former tag team champions, K-Funk and K-Fresh. Both teams are looking for a shot at the champions and a win here could bring the victor that much closer.
PLUS more matches featuring all of your VPW favorites!!!
-Card Subject To Change-
June 26, 2010 – Deer Park Community Center: Deer Park, NY
July 24, 2010 – Centereach VPW Hall: Centereach, NY
July 31, 2010 – Deer Park Community Center: Deer Park, NY
Keep checking www.VictoryProWrestling.com for VPW news and future event dates.
VPW Wrestling School
For those looking to enter the wrestling business as a wrestler, manager or referee, look no further than the VPW Wrestling School. The school is conveniently located at the Deer Park Community Center in Long Island. Sessions are held every Sunday from 4pm until 10pm. The Deer Park Community Center is located at 41 Homer Avenue in Deer Park, New York.
Call 631-357-1810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details.