Indy News Update #1 for August 1, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
WWC Puerto Rico: Carlito will send a clear and strong message to Vampiro before his fight
PTW sent this in:
RESULTS – Power Trip Wrestling – ‘This Is Who We Are’ – Sat 31st July 2010, Croxteth Sports Centre, Liverpool.
Here at PTW, the work motto is, quite simply, “Have show…will travel”, and this recently took the company, via it’s association with PTW Events Co-Ordinator/professional footballer Andy Burgess, to Liverpool for the first time; on Saturday 31st July 2010. We can now bring you the results from the show, and also what many are calling the funniest PTW promo interview/video of all time – so far – involving Petey Player, and one half of the PTW World Tag Team Champions Tommy Stevens. That video can be found here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdR_fziZlE , and here are the results/round up from the show itself.
* Petey Player came to the ring (with his sidekick Tommy Stevens), and in a rather surprising turn of events; verbally abused former Luton Town FC footballer and guest ring announcer, Andy Burgess. Claiming that there ‘was a time when he would have been proud to have stood in the same ring as him’, and that Andy was ‘no longer good enough to play for Luton Town anyway’; Petey was in a very confrontational mood – even going so far as to offer out anyone in the building to fight. Listening from the backstage area, was Cy Gregory, who came to the ring and stood tall in Petey’s face saying that both Andy and the fans in attendance deserved better than this. Petey’s infamous ego (the one that has it’s own postcode) kicked in, as he shouted that he was a star, had been on national television; etc….and he shoved Cy Gregory as hard as he could. Cy was as respectful (some said too much so) as he could be, remembering this was his boss, and suggested that Petey didn’t do that again. Petey’s reaction? A vicious slap to the face of Gregory, which the crowd ‘ooooooh’d’ at, and Cy literally knocked Petey down with one stiff punch to the head. Tommy Stevens had seen enough, and the two brawled around the ring; but Cy was able to get the upper hand and run the two egotists from the ring. Petey was screaming revenge (when he regained his composure/balance/consciousness), and the match was made for later on that afternoon.
* Pete Dunne defeated Colby James. James was very impressive in his PTW debut match, and is expected to return; despite the loss to Pete Dunne.
* Cy Gregory defeated Tommy Stevens w/Petey Player, despite Petey’s constant interference during the match itself.
* Tommy Lust w/Tracey Kilby defeated Denym.
* Evan Sarven defeated Pete Dunne, after Dunne came out after the interval saying that he wanted some real competition.
* In a one off battle of current tag team partners at PTW,’Scumboy’ Dani Graves defeated Prodigy.
* And in a battle royal, Cy Gregory took the very popular victory; to end what was certainly a very successful afternoon for him.
The next PTW show is as soon as this Saturday, the 7th of August 2010, as PTW present ‘On The Frontline’, a Help For Heroes fundraising show, at Houghton Regis Leisure Centre, Parkside Close, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, LU5 5PY. Tickets are only £5 each, for all, doors open 7.00pm and the show starts 7.30pm; and tickets can be reserved by calling 07706 178200. PTW stars set to appear include : PTW World Champion ‘The Monster’ Snare, PTW World Tag Team Champions Tommy & Danny Stevens, PTW 5 Star Champion Anton Green, Luton’s “Loudest Player In The Game'” Petey Player, PTW British Champion Sean Midnight w/Tracey Kilby (who has national television cameras in attendance to film an interview with her for Sky Digital’s ‘The Community Channel’, and much more…..Be there to see why PTW is both ‘The Best Family Night Out In Town’, and also ‘The Promotion The Competition Doesn’t Want You To See”!…
Danny Duggan sent this in:
8/1- Hurricane Helms Aug 12th Opponent Announced.
Former WWE star Hurricane Helms vs. “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews
Multi-time WWE and WCW title holder Hurricane Helms debuts for CWE in Winnipeg on August 12th and what a match he has waiting for him! Cruel Summer now has its second mega match announced in the form of Hurricane Helms vs. one of the most hated men to ever step foot in a CWE ring, “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews.
Rick Matthews had his first opportunity against a world renowned superstar in CWE over a year ago when he impressed the entire Canadian wrestling community with a career breakout match against “Maple Leaf Muscle” Petey Williams. Since then Matthews has been on the brink of being a top caliber star in CWE with many show stealing performances and memorable matches.
Last month Matthews did the unthinkable when he knocked out Paul Arcidi’s valet Jayme Gallaway cold with a right hand during a full out brawl between him and Arcidi. An irate Arcidi has vowed revenge but due to his first ever national fitness competition days of the event its questionable if he will even be in the province the day of the event. Instead of letting Matthews off the hook with a suspension CWE officials and Arcidi agreed for the time being the best way to defend Jayme’s honor would be for Matthews to battle wrestling’s favorite super hero Hurricane Helms!
Matthews has expressed to management he is sorry for what he did and has even offered to publicly apologize to Jayme Galloway at the event. Will the apology be enough or will Matthews feel the full wrath of a hurricane coming through?!
For more information on CWE’s Cruel Summer event visit www.thecwe.ca