Indy News Update #4 for December 7, 2010
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Smart Mark Video sent this in:
Smart Mark Video’s “What’s Up?” for December 7, 2010
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
PROMOTION OF THE MONTH
Insanity Pro Wrestling DVDs are 25% off, which works out to 11.25 per DVD and there are 25 different IPW titles to choose from. Support IPW and support indy wrestling!!!
LIVE EVENT SALE:
This weekend ONLY (12/11 & 12/12/10) at either JAPW, CZW or CHIKARA buy any 3 DVD’s save $10 off your purchase.
CZW DVD November 13, 2010 “Night Of Infamy 9” – Philadelphia, PA $20.00
1. Drake Younger Interview
2. Drew Gulak vs. Alexander James
3. Akuma vs. Kit Osborne
4. Tyler Veritas vs. Jonathan Gresham
5. A.R. Fox vs. Alex Colon
6. Sabian & Joker vs. Irish Drive-By
7. The RunAways vs. The Osirian Portal
8. Jon Moxley vs. Drake Younger
9. Fans Bring The Weapons: tHURTeen, MASADA & Brain Damage vs. Scotty Vortekz, Devon Moore & Danny Havoc
AIW DVD July 17, 2010 “Youth Gone Wild” – Cleveland, OH $15.00
1. TJ Dynamite VS. Kaden Hassad
2. The Kombat Kid VS. Mr. RBI
3. Blackballed VS. Mr. RBI and The Kombat Kid
4. Chest Flexor VS. Reggae Dones
5. Da Latin Crime Syndicate VS. The Pleather Platoon
6. NO DQ: “The Aftermath” Justin Lee VS. “The Passion” John Thorne
7. The Duke VS. Bobby Beverly
8. “No Mercy” Tommy Mercer VS. Shawn Schultz
9. Marti Belle VS. Tina San Antonio
10. Eric Ryan VS. Gregory Iron
11. Johnny Gargano VS. Tim Donst
UPCOMING FILMING SCHEDULE:
Chikara – 12/12 – Reading, PA
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
ECWA Pro Wrestling sent this in:
RESULTS FROM ECWA DEC 4, 2010
Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club
1. “Canada’s Proudest Son” Jason Leigh w/ Coach Jim Shorts defeated Kid America via outside interference from Shorts. Following the bout, Leigh & Shorts draped a Canadian flag over the lifeless body of Kid America
ECWA Heavyweight Champion “A-List” Andrew Ryker w/ Aurthur Avalon addressed the Delaware crowd, and stated that due to his shoulder injury, he would be forced to relinquish the ECWA Heavyweight Championship. Ryker then announced to the crowd that due to the severity of the injury and also other goals he wants to pursue, that he was also retiring from pro wrestling after 13 years in the sport.
2. Matt Saigon (in his debut) defeated Julian Starr.
3. Magnum’s Modeling Agency (MMA) had tryout for new members open to ANYONE in the Boys & Girls Club. After reviewing pre-show applications filled out by fans in the building, Magnum called out a fan during their open audition. After the fan entered the ring, he was beaten by all three members, “Simply Irresistible” Travis Blake w/ Magnum & Press Agent Gus Grand. Following the vicious and cowardice attack, the trio placed a brown paper bag over the fan’s head. The ECWA security & referees flooded the ring for the fan’s protection. After apologizing to the crowd for their actions, Magnum than challenged referee (and former wrestler) Mario Zuto to a match. The trio proceeded to attack Zuto, who eventually accepted the challenge.
Travis Blake defeated Mario Zuto
Then “The ICON” Ace Darling addressed the ECWA crowd via a pre-recorded message played on the ECWAtron screen. Ace, who lost a Loser Must Retire Match to “Beast” Glen Osbourne in September 2008, recently received a lot of votes from the ECWA fans for an on-line poll asking fans which former Super 8 competitor they would like to see participate in the 15th Annual SUPER 8. Ace thanked the fans for remembering him and wished them a happy holiday season, but said he was retired and would not compete in the 2011 Super 8 tournament next year. Ace closed the video message with a word for “ECWA Grand Slam Champion” Aden Chambers. Ace said he heard that Aden was bragging claiming that he is the only man to win every ECWA Championship (including the Super 8 trophy) but reminded Chambers that there is one other man who also holds that claim, Ace Darling himself. Ace, who actually had a hand in training Chambers, said that while Chambers is the only one to share that accomplishment with him, that he did it before Chambers and did it better than Chambers too!
4. 2009 & 2010 ECWA Super 8 Finalist Tomasso Ciampa defeated Damian Dragon (in his debut). Following the win, Ciampa addressed ECWA management and matchmaker Joe Zanolle and officially put his bid in to compete in the 2011 SUPER 8.
5. “The Best Around” Bruce Maxwell, without partner TJ Cannon, retained both the ECWA & TWA TAG TEAM TITLES as he defeated Matt Logan and Chase Del Monte in a loser leaves ECWA & TWA Match. As a result of the loss, both Matt and Bryan Logan, as well as Chase Del Monte must leave the ECWA and TWA promotions immediately.
6. MEGA defeated Glen “The Beast” Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night a NO DQ-NO COR match.
7. “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde and Mozart Fontaine were the last two men in an Over-the-Tope Rope Battle Royal for the vacant ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title. The two then faced each other in a 1-fall to a finish singles match where Wylde made Mozart tap out to become the NEW ECWA Mid-Atlantic Champion!
Others that were entered in the Battle Royal included “Fighting Paramedic” Corey Blaze, Courageous Cruz, CUJO the Hellhound, “Heavyweight” Dan Eckos, JJ Crew Guy, Bazooka Joe, Mr. Ooh La La, “Pitbull” Timothy Richards & Mr. Scott Wright.
For Dec 4, 2010 event photos visit:
Thanks to Snapmare.com, Craig Prendergast and Hank Stoklosa for coverage of the event.
The 15th Annual ECWA Super 8 will take place Sat, April 30, 2011 at the Boys & Girls Club in Newark, DE with a 7PM bell time. Stay tuned for details!
The ECWA wants to wish the best to Andrew Ryker, Arthur Avalon, Matt & Bryan Logan, Chase Del Monte & Joel Oresky. We thank them for all their years of hard work and service and for entertaining the Delaware fans month after month. They will always be a part of the ECWA family.
Due to Andrew Ryker vacating the ECWA Heavyweight Championship and retiring from pro wrestling due to injury, ECWA management has deemed that the Chain Match on Jan 15, 2011 between former ECWA Champions MEGA and “the Beast” Glen Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night will now be for the vacant ECWA Heavyweight Championship. On Sept 18, 2010, it was then friend and Special Guest Referee Glen Osbourne who turned on MEGA and knocked him out with the Steel Chain causing him to lose to Andrew Ryker. Will MEGA be able to gain revenge and re-gain the championship in a match with the man responsible for him losing it in the first place? Be there Jan 15th to find out!!!
The evil genius known as Carlton P. Hightower returns to the ECWA Jan 15. 2011 after a 5 year hiatus. Hightower promises to rock the very foundation of the ECWA. Be there to find out what one of the most notorious managers in ECWA history has planned for the fans in Newark, DE. Hear what Hightower had to say here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72TfYDPzkh0
On Dec 4th, 2010 during the Battle Royal for the ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title, tempers flared as Bazooka Joe eliminated Mr. Scott Wright. Wright, not happy with that result, helped Mozart Fontaine eliminate Joe from the arena floor. Joe and Wright continued to fight their way back to the dressing rooms and continued their brawl there. In the process, both Wright and Joe caused some significant damage to the backstage area and both have been suspended for 1 show, the next event on Jan 15th, as a penalty. Both Joe and Wright will be back in action on Mar 5th, and surely will want to finish what was started on Dec 4th!!!
East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA)
Sat, Jan 15, 2011
Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club
109 Glasgow Drive, Rt. 40 & #1 Positive Place
Newark, DE 19702
Doors Open: 6:30 PM
Bell Time: 7:30 PM
For all show information, venue, tickets, directions “click here”
TICKETS AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE & THE DOOR
For info and reserved seating call (609) 220-5598
or e-mail at: email@example.com
NEW TICKET PRICES*
$15.00 for adults 13 years of age and older
$10.00 for kids 12 years of age and under
$8.00 special price for all those Boys’ & Girls’ Club Members with ID
(*ONLY tix purchased in advanced are reserved seating; tix purchased at door night of show are “first come, first served”)
Card Subject to Change.
1. FOR THE VACANT ECWA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE in a CHAIN MATCH- MEGA vs. “The Beast” Glen Osbourne w/ Sebastian Night
2. ECWA MID-ATLANTIC TITLE MATCH- “Heart Killer” Chris Wylde (c) vs. Mozart Fontaine
3. ECWA TAG-TEAM TITLE MATCH- “The Best Around” Bruce Maxwell & TJ Cannon (c) vs. “The Heavyweights” Sean Royal & Dan Eckos
Plus the return of Carlton P. Hightower
And all the stars of the ECWA!
* Delaware Dept of State Advertising Permit No 110 – Subject to approval.
ATTENTION!!! We will have new ECWA logo T-Shirts available at the Dec 4th show. Shirts are $10 each.
For all show information, venue, tickets, directions visit
ECWA Web Page: www.ecwaprowrestling.com
ECWA Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=124627284251717&ref=ts
ECWA Jan 15, 2011 Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181884558495516¬if_t=event_wall#wall_posts
Check out the ECWA’s NEW You Tube Channel for all the latest interviews with your favorite ECWA Stars: http://www.youtube.com/user/ecwaprowrestling
Anyone interested in being on the ECWA Street Team or ECWA Ring Crew, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For information on ECWA’s sister promotion, the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA) visit www.twaprowrestling.com
WSU sent this in:
WSU News Update
Jessicka Havok Releases Another Video
Fresh after delivering one of the strongest interviews in WSU history, Jessicka Havok is at it again. The same Jessicka Havok, that made even the infamous New Jack say on the WSU facebook page, “That bitch is nuts!”
In her newest video, Jessicka Havok LIGHTS Mercedes Martinez on fire before making a special challenge. Havok also weighs in on the 12/11 WSU main event between Alicia & Nikki Roxx. The winner of the “Alicia vs Roxx II” main event will win a contract to challenge for any WSU Championship they want and at any time.
Havok also made it clear who she wants to take on at the 1/22/10 WSU event.
Hear it straight from Havok yourself at:
Also, if you didn’t see Havok’s fist video, check it out here:
Don’t forget, WSU returns this Saturday on 12/11 with “Alicia vs Roxx II”. Complete details are at WSUWrestling.com
For more on WSU, visit the following:
Facebook.com/wsuwrestling (Updated daily with pictures, stories and more)
Inasectv.com – home of WSU’s “Uncensored” TV program.
Thank you for reading.
CHIKARA sent this in:
CHIKARA: Final Event of 2010 is THIS Sunday in Reading, PA!
Just five days away – December 12th – the epic 9th season of CHIKARA comes to a close when we deliver our final event of the year!
Headlining this card will be the much-anticipated title bout between the BDK’s Claudio Castagnoli & Ares and CHIKARA’s own Jigsaw & Mike Quackenbush.
This is the complete card for the event:
~MAIN EVENT: FOR LOS CAMPEONATOS!~
Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Ares
~HEAVY HITTERS COLLIDE!~
Eddie Kingston vs. Tursas
~ONE ON ONE!~
Tim Donst vs. Jimmy Olsen
~AN OLD SCORE TO SETTLE!~
Hallowicked vs. UltraMantis Black
Fire Ant & Soldier Ant vs. Daizee Haze & Sara Del Rey
~FORMER PARTNERS EXPLODE!~
Colin Delaney Olsen vs. Vin Gerard
~REACHING THE BOILING POINT!~
Dasher Hatfield & Sugar Dunkerton vs. Brodie Lee & Grizzly Redwood
~REMATCH FROM MICHIGAN!~
The Osirian Portal vs. Lince Dorado & Pink Ant
More info and advance tickets: http://www.chikarapro.com/Dec12.shtml
Season 9 concludes:
“Reality is Relative”
12.12.2010 – Sunday Afternoon
Live @ The Goodwill Beneficial Assoc.!
100 Madison Ave
in airy Reading, PA!
The action starts @ 4:00 pm!
Our homebase: www.chikarapro.com – Updated daily!
New to CHIKARA? Start here: www.chikara101.com
For our free, weekly video podcast: www.chikarapodcast.com
Get free updates on your mobile device: twitter.com/chikarapro
Join our official fan club: www.chikarmy.com
On Facebook! www.facebook.com/chikarapro
On MySpace! www.myspace.com/chikarapro