Following the announcement that Ring of Honor has been sold to the Sinclair Broadcast Group (the entire press release can be viewed at this link), questions of availability of the television product immediately arose.
The Wrestling Observer reports that the plan is for ROH shows to air in syndication – depending on the market – on Saturday night. The taping schedule is expected to be similar to what they did with HDNet, except with improved production. The first taping is being targeted for August with the debut taking place some time in September.
Jim Cornette and Hunter “Delirious” Johnston will be in charge of the wrestling product, while Joe Koff of Sinclair will act as Vice President of Operations. Former WCW promoter Gary Juster will act as Vice President. Cornette will be the Vice President in charge of creative and the executive producer of the television show (a role he already had with ROH when the show was broadcasting on HDNet). Kevin Kelly will be the lead television announcer.
We are told the business model of tapings hows for DVD release and iPPV events will continue to take place with television being used as a tool to promote both entities.
Early word on which stations will air the show in markets include:
* WTTA Channel 38 in Tampa
* WUCW Channel 23 in Minneapolis
* WPMY Channel 22 in Pittsburgh
* WNUV Channel 54 in Baltimore
* WLFL or WRDC in Raleigh
* WUXP or WNAB in Nashville
* WSTR Channel 64 in Cincinnati
* WCGV or WVTV in Milwaukee
* WMYA Channel 40 in Asheville/Greenville/Spartanburg
* KMYS Channel 35 in San Antonio
* WTTO, WABM or WDBB in Birmingham
* WTVZ Channel 33 in Norfolk
* KVMY or KVCW in Las Vegas
* KOCB Channel 34 in Oklahoma City
* WMYV Channel 48 in Greensboro
* WNYO Channel 49 in Buffalo
* WFGX Channel 35 in Mobile
* WDKA Channel 49 in Cape Girardeau
* WNYS Channel 43 in Syracuse, NY
* WMMP Channel 36 in Charleston, SC