Indy News Update #3 for May 24, 2011
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Chris Carson sent this in:
Southern Championship Wrestling presents “Retaliation” on Saturday, June 4th at the Salvation Army Gymnasium in Sanford, FL. The event will feature former WWE and TNA Superstar, Kip James as he makes his return to Southern Championship Wrestling to take on Irish Jack Hurley. Also in action, SCW Florida Champion Ray Beez will be defending the title against 6’8″ Korean Monster, Ryze. There will be 6 other matches featuring CCW Woman’s Champion Santana, Jason Hexx, London Vice, T-Bone Funk and much more! Bell time is at 7:30 PM and for more information, please visit: www.scwwrestling.com
PTW sent this in:
Power Trip Wrestling present “Take Your Best Shot”, Saturday 11th June 2011, Leek, Staffordshire
As you can tell, Power Trip Wrestling are going to a new part of the UK. This scheduled show may be the first, but we have many dates now booked in on the calender, for us to return there already; and we are all very excited about branching out into Staffordshire. This is the first of two shows that PTW will present in Staffordshire in June, and we will announce the details of the other one very soon.
We have more upcoming shows in the Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire area in July, as well, and lots of big news and happenings in the PTW Office, so keep a look out as the upcoming weeks and months for PTW are looking very good.
As an aside, we were looking for some kind of comment in regards to the upcoming show, but all calls were deflected by a man who is usually no stranger to speaking his mind; PTW’s resident egotist, P.T. Player; who was clearly very unapproachable, refused to speak at all about any subject, including various rumours about PTW, and himself. The only sentence that could be considered fit to print that we had shouted at us, was “What part of no comment don’t you idiots understand?”, which has certainly left the company with a lot more questions than answers, at this current time.
Here’s the details for the show!
What : PTW present “Take Your Best Shot”
When : Saturday 11th June 2011
Where : Brough Park Leisure Centre, Ball Haye Road, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6AT.
Reserve Tickets : Call 01538 373603
Ticket Price : £6 entry for all.
Times : 6.00pm doors open, 6.30pm start
Featuring PTW stars such as : PTW World Champion ‘Teetotal’ Thomas Stevens, PTW’s as featured on national television and profoundly deaf wrestling star Sean Midnight, Kevin O’Neill, ‘Scumboy’ Dani Graves, Prodigy, SuperValo, ‘The Golden Globe’ Cyanide Starr, and more on the night!
ECWA Pro Wrestling sent this in:
In one of the most unusual tag team matches in ECWA’s 43 year old history, fresh off of the 15th Annual ECWA Super 8 Tournament, the world’s ONLY breakdancing, wrestling robot SHOCKWAVE the Robot will team with one of the Northeast’s newest rising female competitors, Jamilia Craft. And the opponents for this dynamic pair are none other than ECWA’s resident bumbling Frenchmen (also coming off a HUGE win in the ECWA-TWA Battle Royal at the Super 8) Mr. Ooh La La and his tag team partner, the villainous Kacee Carlisle! Shockwave the Robot and Mr. Ooh La La clashed once before in singles action in the TWA in Voorhees, NJ in Sept 2010. Having seen that match, we GUARANTEE this mixed-tag team encounter will be one of the most entertaining matches you will EVER see! Don’t miss it!
It all happens at the Boys and Girls Club in Newark, Delaware, on Saturday, July 16th, doors open at 6PM. Tickets are ONLY $15 adults and $10 for kids. For info and tickets, call 609.220.5598 or visit www.ecwaprowrestling.com
Steven Ashe sent this in:
C*4 presents “Stand Alone 2011” Official Results
Saturday May 7, 2011
Referees: Bakais, TJ Wylie
Card subject due to change: Eddie Kingston, The Colony, and Dasher Hatfield
1. Lucky Sabiti and Max Boyer defeated The Sexxxy Afterparty, comprised of Sexxxy Eddy and Cecil Nyx. An impromptu tag team match, that saw Lucky Sabiti display an aggressive new side. Sabiti was congratulated by Boyer following the match, who claimed that Sabiti finally was listening to him.
2. Twiggy defeated “The Prince of Persia” Rahim Ali in a wild brawl. Twiggy showed a true aggressive streak – in retaliation for the injury he himself suffered back in March. Twiggy followed his pinfall win, with an attack directed at Ali’s eye. Twiggy first attacked Ali with a series of bites to his orbital area, and then going to the ringside and finding a screwdriver – looking to inflict more damage. Ali was saved, when MVP pulled him from the ring.
3. “Rockstar” James Stone defeated Jae Rukin and Urban Miles in a highly competitive triple threat match.
4. Sebastian Suave pinned “The Allstarter” Brent B in an exciting back and fourth contest, which saw the familiar opponents pull out all the stops against one another. Suave picked up his first C*4 victory, and did so with a win over his long timer personal rival.
5. “Hacker” Scotty O’Shea pinned Mathieu St. Jacques in an excellent and hard hitting encounter. This encounter topped their first showdown, which took place on January 22nd. The two are now one and one in singles matches. O’Shea picks up his first C*4 victory, and proves he is a superstar in the making. A great match.
6. “Speedball” Mike Bailey survived an “Open Contract” challenge, which saw two men accept. The first to accept was a man who only a week prior lost his Tag Team Championship to Bailey and Steen – that is “MVP” Michael Von Payton. The second person to accept was a man who had not been seen in C*4 for almost two years – Frankie the Mobster! Bailey managed to win the encounter, after he ousted Frankie from the ring, and MVP was knocked senseless from an interfering Twiggy. Bailey hit a massive shooting star press on MVP, and took the victory. Following the match, Frankie the Mobster took his frustrations out on official TJ Wylie. Frankie the Mobster was welcomed back to C*4 loudly by all fans in attendance.
7. C*4 Champion, Stupefied, and Player Uno – the Super Smash Brothers, defeated Shane Matthews and “Jagged” Scott Parker, 2.O. A contest between two teams who know each other very well – and it showed. This match demonstrated the best in tag team wrestling – and again, nearly stole the show. Both teams gave it there all, but in the end, it was the Super Smash Brothers, putting aside personal differences, managing to retain. Uno and Stupefied will now head into June 17th’s “Crossing the Line 4” event, and collide for the C*4 Championship.
8. In the main event of the night – and blow-off to one of C*4’s most heated feuds, “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen defeated Jimmy Jacobs. In a wild and violent encounter, these two men battled throughout the venue and used virtually any weapon they could get a hand on – including trash cans, chains, silverware, and about a dozen steel folding chairs. Jacobs used every tactic he could to try and destroy the hometown hero, Steen, including tying Steen up in a length of chain. Try as he might however, “Mr. Wrestling” continued to fight back. Despite a sickening chair shot to his face, Steen wouldn’t stay down. Eventually, “Mr. Wrestling” fought back, and took the victory following a package piledriver through two steel folding chairs. Steen crawled his way back to the locker-room, as Jacobs was stretchered to the back.
C*4 wishes to thank all of its fans who came out and helped make “Stand Alone 2011” a success. We look forward to returning to Montreal in the future. Until then, check out www.c4wrestling.com for all the latest details concerning June 17th’s huge season finale show “Crossing the Line 4”!