Jason “Jerseyviper” Namako passed this along:
ROH July 12th Newswire
– We want to thank everyone who attended our events over the weekend in Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC. Ring of Honor once again held two separate events that the fans will be talking about for a long time. Each night featured two of the greatest tag matches that have been seen all year and both involved the reunited American Wolves (ROH World Champion Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) who started the weekend on a high but ended on a low. The Wolves were victorious on both nights but on Saturday in Charlotte the tension between the Wolves seemed to have reemerged. Edwards & Richards faced Adam Cole & Davey’s protégé Kyle O’Reilly for the first time and at the end of the bout Edwards had the Achilles lock on O’Reilly and began stomping on O’Reilly’s head. Referee Todd Sinclair called for the bell but the timekeeper dropped the hammer failing to ring the bell immediately, so Eddie continued until Sinclair forced the stoppage. It was then clear that Davey was aggravated at Eddie for keeping the hold on and stomping on O’Reilly’s head after the ref called the match. O’Reilly was taken to the hospital after the match and suffered a Grade 3 ankle sprain and was told to take a few weeks off. We hope to reach all involved very soon for comments.
– Speaking of Cole and O’Reilly, they were successful in the first ever Contenders Tag Lottery last Friday in Richmond, VA. The hottest young team in ROH not only received a bonus of $5000 but will obtain a ROH World Tag Team Title match sometime within the year.
– The Contenders Tag Lottery will also go down in history as holding one of the biggest upsets in ROH history. Lancelot & Harlem Bravado were able to get the victory over Mark & Jay Briscoe last Friday night at the Richmond Raceway Complex. Overconfidence and a personal grudge was the combination that led to the Briscoes’ downfall. Jay had the match won after a Doomsday Device but decided to break up the pinfall himself in order to inflict more damage with a chair. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin had not forgotten what Mark & Jay did to them in NYC when they were brutalized with chairs so they made their way to ringside. In an attempt for a small piece of retribution, Haas and Benjamin got involved leading to the Bravados advancing to the finals. Regardless of how it ended the Bravado Brothers have a win in the record books over the Briscoes.
– Now that the weekend is said and done, the Briscoe Brothers are officially on thin ice in the eyes of ROH officials. Both Jay & Mark were each fined for their post-match actions at “Best In The World 2011” and after what went down over the weekend in both Richmond and Charlotte, it is highly possible that the Briscoes’ could be on the receiving end of a larger fine and possible suspension.
– Rhett Titus was the biggest casualty of the Briscoes’ weekend chaos spree. Titus was taken to the hospital after his bout Saturday night and was severely battered & bruised. Doctors diagnosed Rhett with a closed head injury and have suggested that Titus should rest his injuries in order to not cause added trauma.
– Everyone loves Colt Cabana!
– The House of Truth went 0-3 over the weekend. Truth Martini was said to be irate and is doing everything he can to make sure his team does not slip down in the rankings in the eyes of ROH officials. Martini went on record yesterday saying that he is presenting ROH officials with documents, literature, and footage explaining why his team should remain in the main event spotlight.
– Eddie Edwards & Delirious are prepared and ready to leave for Japan tomorrow to compete in the upcoming NOAH 2011 Junior Tag League Tournament starting on 7/15 and ending on 7/30. Edwards & Delirious will form an alliance to represent Ring of Honor Wrestling and we will keep you up to date on all of the Tournament results. Good luck to Team ROH!
– By the way, fans in North Carolina should know that we will be back to the Tar Heel State very soon!
– Earlier today (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/sbg-tv-tapings-are-almost-upon-us/), we announced just some of the talent participating in our first SBG TV Tapings. We also stated that all the ROH Title will be defended on August 13th, and that first main event for the TV Taping in Chicago Ridge, IL will be announced this Thursday!!!
– There are less than 24 hours remaining in the Ring of Honor “Buy 3, Get 1 Free” DVD in the ROH Online Store. For complete details on the offer please click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/buy-3-get-1-free-on-all-roh-dvds/.
– And now in stock on DVD, “Supercard of Honor VI” from Chicago Ridge, IL featuring an ROH World Title rematch between Eddie Edwards and the man he beat for the title Roderick Strong, a Chicago Street Fight between The Briscoes & The ANX, Davey Richards vs. Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin vs. Claudio Castagnoli, and a whole lot more! Click on the DVD image below to order today!!!