Jason “JerseyViper” Namako passed this along:
July 21st Newswire
– The first ever set of Ring of Honor TV Tapings for the Sinclair Broadcast Group is already shaping up to be an epic card with the three championship matches that have officially been signed. August 13th at the Frontier Fieldhouse in Chicago Ridge, IL will be a historic day for Ring of Honor and all of the Ring of Honor faithful. It is in your best interest to go out of your way to make it to the Windy City in a few weeks so you can say that you were there live and in person to see what will be a day full of intrigue and excitement. ROH’s future is brighter then ever and the month of September will see the debut of the new Ring of Honor television program which will be syndicated across the Sinclair network of stations (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/list-of-markets-networks-and-timeslots-for-ring-of-honor/). When September 24th hits, ROH will become the only wrestling promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV and we plan to take full advantage of that. Expect more matches to be announced next week at rohwrestling.com. Tickets for the 8/13 live TV Taping are available here, http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=201.
– Just announced today (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-world-title-match-set-for-chicago-2/), the final title match has been set for August 13th and it is a hard hitting one! ROH World Champion Davey Richards is set to defend against former champion, the man who beat Richards in their “Final Battle 2010” title bout, Roderick Strong! These two men have history that goes back years, and save Eddie Edwards, it is hard to say if there is a competitor in ROH more familiar with Davey than Roderick. Richards is going to be hard pressed in his very first title defense and the pressure is certainly on as ROH goes nationwide on SBG TV.
– “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett has officially signed for the August 13th television taping in Chicago Ridge, IL.
– The NOAH 2011 Junior Heavyweight Tag League Tournament continued for Team ROH on 7/20 in Yamagata when Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki defeated Eddie Edwards & Delirious in what was said to be an unbelievable match. Suzuki & Aoki are currently leading the B-Block with 4 points while Team ROH stands at 2 points. Edwards & Delirious’ next Tag League bout will be against Team Osaka Pro of Atsushi Kotoge & Daisuke Harada on 7/24 in Ehime.
– ROH officials are currently scouting the world for a specific wrestler who can take high flying to the next level.
– As announced yesterday (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/two-more-talents-sign-roh-deals/), Ring of Honor officials are very happy to announce that both Rhett Titus and Kenny King, collectively known as The All Night Express, have re-signed deals to remain with ROH!
– As we showed at “Tag Team Turmoil 2011” in Richmond, the ROH tag team division is no doubt the best tag team division in the world. Expect it to become even better as the year goes on!
– And the best of that tag team division will be showcased in Chicago Ridge when Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team defends the ROH World Tag Titles against The Kings of Wrestling (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/haas-benjamin-set-to-defend-in-chicago-ridge/). “That will be the absolute last day Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin every lay their hands on the ROH World Tag Titles,” stated Shane Hagadorn, “Hell I think I will go so far as to say it will be the last day anyone besides Chris & Claudio holds those belts. August 13th is the start of a new day for ROH sure, but more importantly than that, it’s the dawn of a new era for the KoW. No team could touch the Kings for almost a year, sure Charlie & Shelton had the only great day of their entire lives in Atlanta, but it was just that…one day. With the playing field even, without two other teams to save you, your good day is coming to an end.”
– Now in stock and shipping is “ROH on HDNet Vol. 8″. This volume features more of the best matches from the “ROH on HDNet” series. Included on this DVD are Roderick Strong vs. Christopher Daniels; The Kings of Wrestling vs. Briscoe Brothers fued continues in a pair of singles matches; Austin Aries vs. Delirious; Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong; ROH World Champion Tyler Black vs. Christopher Daniels; plus much more! To see the complete match listing and to order click on the DVD image below.