Indy News Update #3 for August 31, 2011
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Danny Warren sent these notes in:
8/30- Only The Strong Survive Results
Results from the AOD’s Only The Strong Survive event featuring the stars of CWE for Sunday, Aug 28th in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
1) In an Elite Wrestling Academy rematch from Extreme Consequences Tyler Colton once again defeated B. Brian Rich.
2) Matt Fairlane pinned fan favorite Billy Blaze. Following the match Fairlane delivered a piledriver on a chair to yet another member of the roster when he planted Blaze.
3) Northeast wrestling standout Alex Anthony defeated Zack Mercury by disqualification after Zack Mercury pushed the referee.
4) “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews pinned Tommy Lee Curtis following a Death Valley Driver. After the match Matthews put the locker room and management on notice citing after years of blood and broken bones for the company he continues to be an after thought to the top stars in the company and effective immediately if he wasn’t going to start getting more opportunities he as going to start taking them.
5) The debuting Murder City Saints, Nate Hardy & Darian Karisma who gave up over a 300lbs weight advantage scored a big upset victory over the AOD’s Moses Luke & Sabretooth.
6) “Hotshot” Danny Duggan pinned Toronto, Ontario’s Carter Mason with a Cruel Summer double knee drop. Following the match Duggan explained that after a year long battle they have finally rid the company of TJ Bratt but there was still 5 members of the AOD to go. He said his next target was the best wrestler in Canada and CWE champion Mentallo. Duggan put Mentallo on notice, letting him know he is coming for his title.
7) Darren “The Bomb” Dalton retained his 123Approved.ca Open Rules title in a 4-way Street Fight against “Big” Cliff Corleone, “Misfit” Mike Mission, and Cory Diamond in one of the most brutal and violent title matches to date. Following the match Corleone and Mission had appeared to form some sort alliance with an all out assault on Dalton, living “The Bomb” laying for the first time since his return.
8) In the main event Team Impact, Robby Royce & Anderson Tyson Moore retained the CWE Tag Team titles pinning former ROH World champion Roderick Strong with questionable tactics behind the refs back. After the match they continued to beat down Strong’s partner AJ Sanchez when Kevy Chevy returned after a 5 month hiatus to a loud ovation, taking out both members of Team Impact. Chevy offered his hand to Sanchez in what seemed to be a re-formation of the most successful team in Manitoba wrestling history, The Big Sexy Beasts. The show ended with Sanchez and Chevy holding the tag titles over their head staring down Team Impact.
The stars of CWE return to Winnipeg, MB on Sunday, October 2nd at The Polish Fraternal Hall with the debut of international mega star “The Past, Present, and Future of Professional Wrestling” Teddy Hart!
For developing information stay posted to www.cwecanada.ca
8/30- AOD/CWE Returns to Fisher Branch, MB!
Date: Saturday October 8/11
Location: Fisher Branch, MB (Fisher Branch Arena)
Time: Doors open 6:30, Bell time 7pm
Tickets: $12 for adults $6 for kids
Tickets available at: One Stop Food and Gas, Fisher Repair Ltd. Ukrainian Farmers Co-op, or call Stu Gard 372-8528 / 7393887 or Clint Webb 372-6159 / 308-0093
*Fundraiser for Fisher Branch Hockey Association. All proceeds go the Fisher Branch Hockey Association.
After a highly successful fundraising event for the Fisher Branch Hockey Association last year the stars of CWE return for great aniticpation to the town of Fisher Branch, Manitoba with another great night of live professional wrestling. Already signed for this event,
CWE Championship Match
CWE Champion Mentallo vs. Fisher Branch’s Own “Pimp Daddy” Rick Matthews
CWE Tag Team Champion Anderson Tyson Moore vs. Zack Mercury
Former CWE Champion AJ Sanchez vs. B. Brian Rich
CWE Tag Team Champion Robby Royce vs. “Hotshot” Danny Duggan
Plus much more!
For more information on upcoming CWE dates or CWE fundraising opportunities visit www.cwecanada.ca