Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for November 22nd.
– We want to thank everyone who joined us in Dayton and Chicago Ridge over the weekend and your support is what allows us to provide high quality events that continuously deliver. Be sure to pick up the DVD’s when they are released because each night contained unbelievable matches, historic moments, and we also saw many of the younger members of the roster step up in a big way. Make no mistake about it…Ring of Honor is true professional WRESTLING!
– “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin had the biggest night of his career last Friday at The Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton, OH when he became the 2011 Survival of the Fittest winner. 14 men were entered in this year’s field and the final 2 men were not exactly heavy favorites going in. Both Kyle O’Reilly & Michael Elgin stepped up and battled in one of the most memorable SOTF finals of all time. The finals consisted of both House of Truth members Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin, Mark & Jay Briscoe, Kyle O’Reilly, and last years winner Eddie Edwards. After Edwards went on a tear and defeated both Briscoe Brothers it forced him and O’Reilly to team up against the HoT. At one point O’Reilly ascended to the top rope but Truth Martini jumped up on the apron to distract him. Edwards then came out of nowhere and blasted Truth. Since Edwards was in the ring and Truth was on the apron it caused the ropes to shake and O’Reilly fell from the top through the ringside table. With O’Reilly out of the picture it allowed the HoT to double team Edwards and beat him mercilessly. Edwards somehow fought back and caught Strong with a rollup but as soon as Edwards stood from the mat Elgin was there to capitalize on his vulnerable state. Elgin scored the biggest pinfall win of his career over Edwards and this left only him and O’Reilly in the match. O’Reilly rose from the floor slowly and showed unbelievable fighting spirit fighting Elgin toe to toe. The 2 men battled back and forth while the fans in Dayton went ballistic, but Elgin’s strength was too much for O’Reilly and “Unbreakable” can now claim the accolade of being SOTF 2011 Champion. The only man to successfully parlay his SOTF victory into a ROH World Championship reign is Eddie Edwards, and he actually did it at the expense of Elgin’s partner, Roderick Strong. Michael Elgin now has a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Title sometime in early 2012.
– ROH World Champion Davey Richards and El Generico had a fantastic championship encounter last Saturday at “Glory By Honor X” that will be remembered for a long time. With a successful Championship defense by Richards, it now guarantees that we will see Richards vs. Edwards 3 at Final Battle on December 23rd in New York City. We also found out over the weekend that Dan Severn is indeed Edwards’s trainer going into Final Battle like what was previously suggested by Richards on his Twitter account. On the latest edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling,” Davey said that he had talked about wanting to train with Severn for a long time and that Edwards took the idea while Davey was wrestling in Japan. Richards is not happy at Edwards for going behind his back to train with a UFC Legend.
– With another “incident” happening last Saturday in Chicago Ridge at “Glory by Honor X,” and recent television air time, it may be hard for us to continue to ignore a certain individual on this website. We will have a response from ROH officials on the matter soon.
– The latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available online for Ringside Members right here. This week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” the main event pits ROH World Champion Davey Richards against his protégé Kyle O’Reilly in a Team Richards Challenge! Episode 9 also features Mike Mondo vs. Alex Silva, “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Jamin Olivencia, and much more.
– At “Glory By Honor X” last Saturday, Roderick Strong went the 15 minute time limit with Jay Lethal in “The Proving Ground” earning a future ROH Television Title shot. Jim Cornette allowed Strong and Lethal to wrestle for 5 more minutes after the time expired and Lethal was able to pin Strong. Despite the loss Strong is still in line for a Television title opportunity in early 2012. Strong is a former ROH World Champion and World Tag Team Champion and is one TV title reign away from holding the ROH Triple Crown.
– All of us here at Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to take this time to an issue an apology to all of our great fans for the various website issues that ROHWrestling.com has been experiencing recently. In our efforts to make your website experience the best it can be, we have obviously encountered several kinks along the way and are continuously working to iron all of those issues out to make your visits to ROHWrestling.com, as well as the ROH Store, as easy & smooth as possible. As a token of our gratitude for your patience and continued support, as well as an apology for the various complications we know you have experienced, we will be extending a special gift to all of our dedicated Ringside Members. Just keep an eye on your e-mail in the coming week for this special gift from ROH as a token of our appreciation.
– Now back in stock in the ROH Store, “Manhattan Mayhem IV”! Featuring one of the most memorable ROH World Title matches in our history between Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards, this DVD release also includes The Kings of Wrestling vs. Homicide & Hernandez, Christopher Daniels and Davey Richards battling under Pure Rules, The Briscoes taking on The All Night Express, and much more! Pick up your copy in the ROH Online Store today.
– Our “Battle in the Carolina’s” weekend on 12/3 in Spartanburg, SC for “Southern Defiance” and 12/4 in Greensboro, NC for “Northern Aggression” is taking shape with more great matches signed. Proving once again that we have the best tag team division on the planet, just signed yesterday, at “Southern Defiance” it will be The Young Bucks vs. The All Night Express and signed today Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander will have their biggest weekend yet in ROH! Also signed today for Spartanburg will be a huge singles contest between top contenders “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards and El Generico. Tickets for both events are available at www.Ticketmaster.com!
– And as a special Thanksgiving treat for ALL our fans, we are offering just a taste of the type of exclusive video content you can get when you sign up to be a Ringside Member here at ROHWrestling.com. Available under the media tab in the featured videos section, from “Death Before Dishonor IX”, The Young Bucks vs. Bravados vs. Future Shock is available for FREE to all our great fans to watch for Thanksgiving.
– “Delirious’ Thanksgiving Insanity Sale” is coming in just two days. Don’t miss your chance to take advantage of our biggest sale of the year. Ringside members get 50% off DVD’s and 35% off apparel while non-members get 35% off DVD’s and 20% off apparel.