Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for November 29th.
– The “Battle in the Carolinas” is approaching and Ring of Honor is gearing up for “Southern Defiance” in Spartanburg, SC this Saturday night & “Northern Aggression” in Greensboro, NC this Sunday afternoon! Our TV camera crew will be on hand this weekend to shoot footage from both Greensboro and Spartanburg that will air as part of our weekly “Ring of Honor Wrestling” television broadcasts! It will be a big weekend for ROH and all of the fans who attend the events live.
– This Saturday, December 3rd we will debut at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium with a 7:30 PM belltime and the wind up will be a HUGE 20 Man Over the Top Rope Interval Battle Royal featuring the top stars in ROH competing and entering the fray every minute until one only man is left standing. That sole survivor will receive a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Championship sometime in early 2012. Also, in what could easily steal the show, Eddie Edwards will battle El Generico in singles competition for the very first time in ROH! The House of Truth enters The Proving Ground as Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin battle Haas and Benjamin in pursuit of a future Tag Title opportunity and also in the Proving Ground, TJ Perkins takes on ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal! Expect much more including a bout announced today pitting “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Adam Cole. Also, don’t forget that prior to the live event in Spartanburg there will be a special meet and greet with former ROH World & Tag Champion Roderick Strong and 6-time former ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe! Tickets are available at www.Ticketmaster.com!
– This Sunday, December 4th we will present a special matinee event at the Greensboro Coliseum Event Center with a 4:00 pm belltime and Ring of Honor will feature a match that will go down in wrestling history. An All-Star 8 man Elimination Tag Match with ROH World Tag Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin), “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards, and El Generico vs. Mark & Jay Briscoe, Roderick Strong and “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin! This match will be contested under elimination rules with a TWO HOUR TIME LIMIT! The undercard is full of fresh match ups with ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal taking on Adam Cole in The Proving Ground. Cedric Alexander and Caprice Coleman facing The Young Bucks and announced today, “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett will face TJ Perkins. Expect much more including a special meet and greet prior to the event with Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas), “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards, and El Generico. 8 X 10 Photos will be available to purchase at the show! Tickets are available at www.Ticketmaster.com!
– The latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available here for all Ringside Members! This episode features a ROH World TV Title rematch between champion Jay Lethal and the man he beat for the belt, El Generico. During the bout “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett and Brutal Bob came to the ringside area to observe the match up close. Controversy ensued with the time limit expiring leaving both Generico and Lethal furious at Bennett. Bennett claims that he is the “real” ROH TV Champion based off of what happened in his time limit draw with Jay Lethal recently on “Ring of Honor Wrestling.” Bennett says that he had Lethal beat as he was destroying him with mounted punches and hammer fists but paused to ask the referee to stop the match. This momentary hesitation was all Lethal needed to turn Bennett over and rain with blows until the time limit ran out. Bennett’s argument is not very valid and Lethal is more then prepared to give Bennett a rematch and get even with Bennett for spoiling his latest title defense. In addition, Generico has a score to settle with Bennett and his pursuit to regain the ROH TV title is far from over.
– To witness footage of Eddie Edwards training for Final Battle with UFC legend Dan “The Beast” Severn check out the latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling.”
– Also on the latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” Jim Cornette announced a settlement offer for Kevin Steen to make this whole “situation” go away. Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs apparently approached Cornette with an idea and talked Cornette out of a counter lawsuit. Cornette has offered Steen and his lawyer the chance to meet him, Corino, and Jacobs in the ring next week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” to present the proposal. It has been a long time since that name, the name of Kevin Steen, has been mentioned on ROHWrestling.com but in light of recent events, it has been determined by ROH officials that the time has come to address the situation directly.
– In the latest ROH Video Wire embedded above you will see footage of the match between El Generico and Steve Corino from “Survival of the Fittest 2011.” Prior to going into the bout, Corino said that thanks to Jacobs help, he has accepted the things he cannot change and he has the courage to face Generico like a man in a battle of true competition. Corino said he wanted Generico to not hold anything back and to get all of his past aggression out. When Corino originally walked to the ring he looked nervous but Jacobs gave him a motivational pep talk that changed his demeanor. Throughout the match Generico gave Corino plenty of opportunities to resort back to his old ways and cheat. Corino wrestled the entire match honorably and by abiding all of the rules. The match eventually became a test of Corino’s endurance and heart as he suffered a shoulder injury before kicking out of 2 brainbusters and going the time limit. Corino went through hell surviving his biggest test since being on the road to recovery. After the match, Generico offered his hand to Corino and he accepted. Generico became the first man to support Corino besides Jacobs. A huge moment in the life of Steve Corino after everything he has done to Generico in the past.
– Lancelot and Harlem Bravado are looking to impress on their home turf in the Carolina’s over the weekend. Both men have had a very unimpressive record and ROH officials have taken notice recently. Officials have informed the Bravados that if they don’t rack up more wins soon that it could result in an extended hiatus.