Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for December 13th.
– “Final Battle 2011” is set to break records and you want to do everything in your power to see this epic event. Whether you are in attendance live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City or watching live on iPPV through GoFightLive, you are in store for a history making night! Everyone is talking about Richards vs. Edwards III and the potential outcome of this unpredictable contest. Each man is in their prime and both are two of the most complete, technical, and driven fighters to ever compete in professional wrestling. Whoever enters 2012 as ROH World Champion can truly say they have earned that accolade by being the best.
– The “Final Battle 2011” Ticket Spectacular has been extended! Save $10 off the cost of your ticket from now until Sunday December 18th at midnight if you’re a GA Member here at ROHWrestling.com, and $15 off if you’re a Ringside Member. For all the details read here.
– Announced yesterday, at “Final Battle 2011” on Friday night December 23rd from The Hammerstein Ballroom, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin will face TJ Perkins in a battle of power vs. speed. There is only one match left to be announced and we know that ROH officials have come to terms with a special opponent for Tommaso Ciampa in NYC. This man approached ROH and ROH officials approved his request. ROH officials will be releasing his name this week.
– Ring of Honor returns to Maryland on January 7, 2012 for the first time in 8 years to tape episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” to air on our Sinclair Broadcasting affiliate networks nationwide! The first batch of talent has been signed to appear at The Du Burns Arena and we are excited to announce that the ROH World Television Title will be defended that night by the winner of the Jay Lethal vs. El Generico vs. Mike Bennett bout at “Final Battle 2011”.
– Also additional talent has been announced for ROH’s long-awaited return the Philadelphia on January 20th for “The Homecoming 2012”! We can guarantee our Philly Phaithful that there will be an ROH World Title Match that evening with the winner of Richards/Edwards III defending against a challenger to be named. Both Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin have earned themselves title opportunities in 2012. Will it be one of those men? Or will another potential contender step up to the plate? Keep an eye on ROHWrestling.com for more news!
– Don’t miss the latest ROH Video Wire leading to “Final Battle 2011” with a special statement from ROH Ambassador Cary Silken, plus words from the Embassy, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander, ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal, and much more. Expect another Video Wire this Thursday!
– Now in stock for immediate shipping: “Roderick Strong: Messiah Of The Backbreaker” 2-Disc DVD set! Featuring 18 of his matches, including Strong’s ROH debut, this collection is a must have for every Ring of Honor fan! Click here to order and see the complete match listing.
– Rhett Titus has a follow up doctor’s appointment scheduled today regarding his injured knee. In Greensboro at “Northern Aggression,” the Young Bucks ran out attacking ANX from behind causing Titus to suffer a severe knee injury. At the time, doctors told Titus to rest his knee and continually ice it. Unfortunately, Titus has yet to see much progress and is getting it checked out further.
– “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett says that he plans on having a special individual to party with in NYC after he wins the ROH TV title.
– The latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available online for Ringside Members right here! This episode featured the All Night Express stepping into the “Proving Ground” against ROH World Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas where they scored a huge pinfall victory over the champions guaranteeing them a future tag title shot. Unknown to ANX or the referee, The Briscoes aided in the victory when they came to ringside and hit Benjamin in the ribs with a chair, leaving Haas alone in the ring. The brutal chair shot to Benjamin resulted in broken ribs and certainly gives the advantage to the Briscoe Brothers going into “Final Battle 2011.” Regardless of the injury, Benjamin & Haas are coming into New York City with an aggression we have yet to see from the duo, as if they weren’t dangerous enough before.
– ATTN ROH FANS IN THE TAMPA AREA! Ring of Honor will not be broadcast in its regular 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM time slot on My Network WTTA (Channel 38 / DTV 32) in Tampa. The station has secured the non-cable rights for Saturday night’s Dallas Cowboys versus Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. The show will air at 6:30 PM and 11:30 PM on December 17th.
– Expect more information on our January 21st debut in Norfolk tomorrow on ROHwrestling.com.