Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for January 17th.
– This Friday night, January 20th ROH returns to Philadelphia, PA for “The Homecoming 2012” and fans are in store for a huge event! Jay Lethal looks to win the ultimate prize as he challenges Davey Richards for the ROH World Championship in the wind up to a stacked card. Also, Eddie Edwards and Roderick Strong are doing away with the rules and will fight it out with No Holds Barred! “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen returns to Philadelphia to battle Kenny King, “That Young Knockout Kid” Chris Hero faces “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, and much more. Get your tickets in advance for this special event at Ticket Alterative or at the door on Friday night!
– In huge news for Norfolk, ROH officials have ruled that the winning team in the grudge match this Saturday night at The Scope pitting ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O’Reilly against Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin will receive a ROH World Tag Team Title shot in Cincinnati on Feb. 17th!
– We want to invite all fans of CHIKARA wrestling to come and support Jigsaw & Hallowicked who will be representing CHIKARA in “The Proving Ground” against ROH World Tag Team Champions Mark & Jay Briscoe this Friday at “The Homecoming 2012.” CHIKARA is a unique wrestling league based out of Philadelphia, PA that is filled with unorthodox personalities that are heavily influenced by the Lucha Libre style. Team CHIKARA will be coming into a foreign ring but they have the home field advantage just as much as the Briscoe Brothers. To learn more about CHIKARA please visit www.ChikaraPro.com and don’t miss ROH vs. CHIKARA this Friday in Philly!
– Don’t forget that Steve Corino will address the Philly crowd this Friday on his future plans. There is absolutely no telling what Corino might say given everything that happened in last year and at “Final Battle 2011”.
– The first wrestlers have been announced for our “10th Anniversary” going down in NYC on March 4th! ROH World Champion Davey Richards & ROH World Tag Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe are amongst the names listed, and for the complete list read here. Tickets can be purchased on the ROH Store, and if you can’t be there live, order the iPPV!
– Jimmy Jacobs has almost fully recovered from injuries suffered by the hands of Kevin Steen at “Final Battle 2011” and will appear at our next TV Taping in Baltimore, MD at the Du Burns Arena on February 4th! Don’t miss the hottest wrestling going today live and in person!
– Announced yesterday, there was a very rare tag team lottery drawing by ROH officials to determine the challengers for the ROH Tag Team Titles in Norfolk, VA. The Briscoe Brothers were originally scheduled to defend against ANX but due to Titus’ MCL injury the match was postponed until future notice. ROH officials drew yesterday and receiving the opportunity of a lifetime will be the freshest tag team in Ring of Honor: Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman!
– Also announced yesterday for Norfolk is a 1st time ever match when one-half of Future Shock, Adam Cole, takes on “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen! Kevin Steen brings a streak of brutality with him that Adam Cole hasn’t really faced in his ROH tenure, but Cole has a strong fire inside him. This match could easily steal the show!
– In other Norfolk news, Kenny King vs. Andy “Right Leg” Ridge has been signed for this Saturday plus Haas & Benjamin will be in action against a team TBD. Tell your friends and family about ROH at the Norfolk Scope (Exhibition Center) because it will be a night of excitement that you will never forget.
– In injury news, one-half of The All Night Express, Rhett Titus is recovering well from his recent MCL surgery and is looking at returning to action in February.
– Available now on DVD in the ROH Store for immediate shipping, is “Glory by Honor X”! This event features an ROH World Title match between Davey Richards & El Generico, a Tag Title bout with Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin defending against The All Night Express, Roderick Strong stepping onto the Proving Ground against ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal, an unwanted appearance by “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen, and a whole lot more!
– Coming later this week on DVD will be a two disc compilation featuring “That Young Knockout Kid” Chris Hero. This compilation includes over 20 of Hero’s best matches & moments starting from his debut against Bryan Danielson that kicked off a 7 month war with CZW, his first tag title reign with Claudio Castagnoli, Chris’ days with Sweet ‘N’ Sour Inc, and through the early days of “That Young Knockout Kid”. Check back for additional details.
– Everyone is talking about the latest edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” featuring footage of the historic All Star 8-Man Tag Team Elimination bout that took place at “Northern Aggression” in Greensboro, NC.
Check out what the fans are saying about this episode….
-Stephen Morris: “The 8 man tag match was awesome”
– Michael Dean Kozbial: “The 8-man tag was one of the best I’ve ever seen”
– Barry O’Shea: “OMG! Thank u to ROH for being there to fill my wrestling void. That was amazing!”
– Tyler Adams: “Easily one of the best ROH TV Episodes so far!”
– Scottland Downs: “One of the best ROH TV matches that’s been aired so far! I can’t wait to see more! I definitely want to get out to see a live ROH event! You guys rock!!!!”
– Rodney Thomas Stuart: “The 8 man tag elimination was awesome. Great job by all involved. Thank you for giving it your all in the ring.”
– Jerry Turner: “One of the greatest matches in all of pro wrestling history. ROH reminds me of the old ECW! Ring Of Honor has the best wrestling action!”
– Ricky Holmes: “if i wasnt a fan before i saw this i am now”
– Allen Hall: “It was f*****g Epic. I really didn’t care much for Eddie Edwards before this match. However he seriously won my respect during this match.”
– Catarino Donias Jr.: “Saw it earlier. Freaking awesome!”