Indy News Update #4 for January 24, 2012
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Steven Ashe sent this in.
Saturday January 21 2012
C*4 – Capital City Championship Combat
LEVEL UP 2012
Knights of Columbus Hall
Referees: Bakais and Ben the Ref
Ring Announcer: The Voice
Results credit: c4wrestling.com
– Lucky Sabiti beat Jimmy Gavroche
– Thomas Dubois pinned Pat Skillz
1) Christopher Bishop and Lionel Knight (Checkmate) won a triple threat match over 3.O (Shane Matthews & Scott Parker) and the tandem of Johnny Wave & Alex Vega, to win the C*4 Tag Team Championship. Noticeably absent were The Wolfmun (Twiggy & Beef Wellington).
2) A match between “MVP” Michael Von Payton and “The Prince of Persia” Rahim Ali ended in a no contest. During the match, Ali re-aggravated the back injury which he suffered on November 19th. Following the match, MVP further assaulted Ali, and once again told him to give up wrestling.
3) In an action packed Six Man Tag Team match, the debuting Alessandro Del Bruno, Brent B. And Jae Rukin, fell to The Afterparty (Cecil Nyx and Chaz Lovely) along with Ethan Page. This very exciting match saw all six men give it there all, and it could have gone either way many times.
4) Frankie the Mobster narrowly overcame the challenge of “Psycho” Mike Rollins in a hugely entertaining contest. Rollins returned to C4 after several months away – and immediately attempted to make an impact by challenging Frankie. In the end, FTM managed to put away Rollins after two “Credibility Statement”-sit-out choke slams.
Prior to the next match, C*4 Champion, Stu Grayson called out Player Uno, and extended his invitation for him to reconcile and join St. Jacques, Suave and Selezia Sparx in following the champion. Uno refused – and things quickly got physical… Which lead to…
5) In an intense and hard-fought match, members of the newly christened “Authority”, Sebastian Suave and Mathieu St. Jacques defeated Player Uno and “Hacker” Scotty O’Shea. The win came with slight assistance by Authority manager, Selezia Sparx (who was booted from ring side moments before the finish.).
6) As Addy Starr made her way to the ring for her match, Twiggy ran past her and entered the ring. Twiggy grabbed the microphone and told the fans not to fear, that he was in the building. Twiggy claimed Beef Wellington had decided not to show up, and left him high and dry for the Tag Team Championship match. As he continued on, Addy Starr began to question Twiggy about what he was doing. Twiggy told Addy to relax, and what she did was “entertaining, but we all know the fans came to see men wrestle and not ladies putting on a show”. Twiggy continued to belittle Addy, until finally Addy had enough and a match was set. In the end, Twiggy pinned Addy using a handful of tights for leverage.
7) In an intense and competitive match, “Ronin” Josh Alexander shocked many in attendance with a clean pin fall victory over El Generico. The finish saw El Generico nail Alexander with a stiff running Yakuza Kick, only for Alexander to somehow roll-up Generico out of instinct and score the win. This now extends Alexander to 2 and 0 against the “Generic Luchadore”.
8 ) In the Main Even of the night, C4 Champion, “The Emperor” Stu Grayson defeated “Speedball” Mike Bailey via Dragon sleeper, in an exciting match. Both men gave it their all and battled back and forth, shocking the crowd many times with their other-worldly displays of athleticism. Bailey had the crowd firmly behind him, but in the end, the much more experienced Grayson managed to put him away.
C*4 returns to Ottawa on Saturday March 10th for “Domination 2K12” – details to come shortly! VIP TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW at the Venue and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
C*4’s next show is in Montreal on Saturday Feb. 25th, when we present “Violent Intentions”, featuring Rhino!
Stay up to date with all the latest C4 news by visiting c4wrestling.com, and follow us on Twitter @C4wrestling
PTW sent this in.
Power Trip Wrestling present ‘We Run This Town’ – “Raising Money for the Teenage Cancer Trust”
Friday 10th February 2012
Stopsley Working Men’s Club,
Doors open 7.00pm
Show starts 7.30pm
£5 each, call 07594 304455 to reserve tickets now
THE MATCHES :
* ‘The Biggest Main Event In PTW History’ : ”Sexy’ Zizou Middoux w/’Perfect’ P.T. Player VS former TNA, ROH, and top UK wrestling star, ‘Wonderkid’ Jonny Storm!
The big questions about this match are as follows … Will ‘Sexy’ Zizou Middoux have retained the PTW World Title by the time the show comes around? The former champion (the youngest in PTW history, and the youngest wrestler in the world to hold three titles internationally, last year), faces off in a shocking father vs son match, on the 28th January, in South Africa; leading from events in the APWA, where ‘The French Monster’ Terri Middoux beat him for the PTW World Title late last year! And will ‘Perfect’ P.T. Player be in any condition physically or mentally to be in his tag team partner Middoux’s corner, after his match earlier in the evening? And will any of this be enough to match up to what is arguably the best professional wrestler in the United Kingdom – ‘Wonderkid’ Jonny Storm?
* Singles Match : Thomas Stevens VS Steve Omega!
Due to a recent serious shoulder injury suffered by Mason Storm, he and Thomas Stevens have been stripped of the PTW World Tag Team Titles by PTW General Manager Drewy Staniforth & ‘Perfect’ P.T. Player. New champions will be crowned on the night, and Drewy & P.T. have stated that if Stevens & Storm wish to keep their jobs in PTW; they have only 60 seconds on the night to give them a good reason not to terminate their employment at PTW! And in the meantime, Thomas Stevens has been thrown into singles competition, against young Northern star, Steve Omega. Will Stevens take out his frustrations on Omega, or will Omega take advantage of Stevens’s angry mindset and sneak a win?
* Vacant PTW World Tag Team Title Match : ‘High Stakes’ Tommy Martins & Stevie James vs ‘The Business’ Anton Green & Gabriel Myers!
As referenced earlier, the PTW World Tag Team Titles are vacant, so a match has been booked to decide new champions. It sees former PTW World Champion ‘High Stakes’ Tommy Martins teaming up with Stevie James for the first time, to take on the established team of Anton Green and Gabriel Myers, known as ‘The Business’. Tommy Martins will want more gold to add to his ever growing reputation and work CV, Stevie James will see this as the biggest opportunity of his career. Green & Myers will see this as the chance to finally get what they believe they deserve, and will do whatever it takes to get the belts in their grasp.
* Submission Match : Kevin Carter VS Wolf!
Kevin Carter is back in PTW! After a shock return on the last PTW show of last year, the crowd favourite is looking to make an impact on the promotion once more. But has he quite literally bitten off a little too much too soon, by accepting the challenge of a submission match with the Wolf? Someone’s going to be made to tap out here.
* PTW Wildcard Title Match (‘Falls Count Anywhere in Luton’) : ‘Perfect’ P.T. Player (c) vs ‘Essex Boi’ Danny Jonez, and now added as special referee – CJ Gunner!
The most controversial match on the card, by far. ‘Perfect’ P.T. Player, has after months, and some would say years, of threatening to – finally snapped mentally. This egotist of proportions that are even unheard of in the professional wrestling business, managed to escape with and win the PTW Wildcard Title at PTW’s last show. And since then, his ever controversial public, professional, and personal life; has seen some crazy twists, and some disturbing (available on You Tube to watch) attacks on CJ Gunner which have been apparently purely for Player’s own amusement. Many have speculated that he ought to be known as ‘Psycho’ P.T. Player, at this point. lIt’s documented that he suffered serious elbow damage at the last show, and it’s also of note that ‘Essex Boi’ Danny Jonez was attacked (the incident was filmed) late last year. P.T.’s long missing ‘Clipboard of Doom’ was seen in this video, but P.T Player has claimed it was nothing to do with him; and that anyone who knows him, whether they like him or not, would know that he would be bragging about it if he had attacked Jonez. Which, shockingly enough, is a fair point. A war of words on social networking websites has ensued, most of which is unrepeatable here. And it leads us to this match, with the stipulations that have been added. And as a final twist, ‘Perfect’. P.T.,who is a well known womaniser, has been threatening to ‘steal Danny Jonez’s wifey’, publically. This match is set to be wild.
* Tag Team Match : TJ Ski & Alex Young VS Dow Jones & Psycho Steve!
After a match against each other on the last show, TJ Ski and Alex Young have patched up their issues, and chosen to become a full time tag team in PTW. Their first challenge together? A new team, but two very established PTW wrestlers, the rich beyond words Dow Jones, and Psycho Steve. A very interesting match up to say the least, that has many people talking.
* Singles Match : ‘The BlackHeart’ Rudi VS Lewy ‘Ripper’ Paradise!
A possible show stealer here, as very exciting and popular new PTW star ‘The BlackHeart’ Rudi, faces off against Lewy Paradise, who has a new cocky attitude in PTW. This is another match that has the interest of both fans and wrestlers at PTW, to see who will come out on top and get the win.
* 10 Person Battle Royal!
This ten person battle royal will feature PTW’s primary female Jordan E, CJ Gunner, Steven Devine, Kidd Astro, Chris Hawk, and more of your favourite PTW wrestling stars!
“Power Trip Wrestling – “Bedfordshire’s Favourite Family Night Out – As Featured on National Television (BBC2, Sky Digital), TalkSPORT radio, The Sun, & The Metro newspapers, BBC Radio Northampton & BBC 3 Counties Radio, and much more!”
Facebook : www.facebook.com/Petey.Unbreakable.Staniforth
Twitter : www.twitter.com/ptwwrestling
You Tube : www.youtube.com/interneticon