Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako sent this in.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for January 24th.
– We would like to thank all of the great fans who came out last weekend to support ROH in Philadelphia and Norfolk. The crowds were electric in both cities and the ROH wrestlers are extremely motivated to make 2012 the best year for ROH yet! If ROH is ever in your area, it is an event that you will want to go out of your way to see!
– In a first time ever collaboration, Ring of Honor Wrestling and CHIKARA fuse together to make April 28th, 2012 a Professional Wrestling Holiday in the great wrestling city of Chicago! Although both wrestling leagues are different in presentation, they have one thing 100% in common….a desire to give the fans of the Chicagoland area a day of Professional Wrestling that only dreams are made of.
– Set earlier today, ROH World Champion Davey Richards & ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal will collide one more when ROH returns to Baltimore on February 4th! Richards himself asked for this rematch following their title bout at “The Homecoming 2012”, in large part due to Roderick Strong’s interference in the bout, and ROH officials have granted his request! Don’t miss out on this World Title bout, as well as the rest of the “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV Tapings going down in Charm City on 2/4/12! Get your tickets now!
– As announced yesterday, BJ Whitmer will make his highly-demanded return to Ring of Honor on Friday night, February 17th when ROH debuts in Cincinnati, OH! It won’t just be any match against any opponent for the former multi-time champion either, rather Whitmer will step straight into The Proving Ground against ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal! Whitmer is currently in the best shape of his life and is looking to not only earn a future TV Title shot, but earn his place back on the roster of the greatest wrestlers on the planet!
– As a result of defeating Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin this past Saturday night in Norfolk, Davey Richards & Kyle O’Reilly will get their opportunity to challenge for the ROH World Tag Team Titles on February 17th when Ring of Honor makes its debut in Cincinnati, OH! ROH officials have informed us that the Young Bucks are next line to get their ROH World Tag Team Title shot as a result of winning the Tag Gauntlet at “Final Battle 2011.”
– Also last Saturday in Norfolk, the undefeated Tommaso Ciampa received the biggest win of his career by defeating ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal in The Proving Ground. The new Embassy investors have to be exhilarated at the events that transpired in Norfolk and Ciampa remains unstoppable! At the moment, both Roderick Strong and Tommaso Ciampa have future ROH World TV Title shots lined up at dates to be determined.
– Now in stock in the ROH Store, WGGT: The Anthology Vol. 1! This DVD release features 8 of Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin’s best matches, including 3 never before released bouts from episodes of “ROH on HDNet”, as well as battles against The Briscoes, The Kings of Wrestling, & ANX!
– Unfortunately Eddie Edwards was unable to compete over the weekend due to a very serious staph infection. Doctors refused to clear Edwards for competition due to the contagious aspect and severity of the infection. This unlucky circumstance gave young Adam Cole the chance to capitalize on an opportunity and make a name for himself all in one night. Without an opponent, Roderick Strong proceeded to run his mouth on the microphone about not having any competition. This brought out Adam Cole who said that he looked up to Edwards and it would be an honor to take his spot in the bout. Although Cole was unsuccessful, he showed everyone in Philadelphia that he has the heart, desire, and skill to eventually climb the ranks to main event status.
– Steve Corino addressed the crowd last Friday at “Homecoming 2012” explaining the year he had in 2011 leading to “Final Battle.” Corino detailed his mindset now that Steen is back in ROH and said that he is taking a break from action but fortunately he will start as a color commentary on ROH DVD’s and help out young wrestlers in the back. Corino explained that if there is one good thing to come out of “Final Battle 2011” it is that the locker room now seems to trust him and respects the war he went through. Corino said that he is actually shocked at this given the fact that he is the one responsible for Steen now being back in ROH by losing to him. “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” then interrupted the interview saying that it was not easy doing what he did to Corino, Steen then ran down Jim Cornette, and told Corino that everyone had more respect for him when he was “trying to stab someone with a fork rather than kissing someone’s ass”. Steen told Corino to do something, whether it be hugging him or hitting him, but Corino just turned around and left.
– It’s amazing to think that our “10th Anniversary” is right around the corner! On March 4th in New York City, ROH will celebrate this milestone with an epic event available live on iPPV. You can plan on us pulling out all of the stops to deliver a very special night to all wrestling fans. Order your tickets right here before they are all gone!
-The latest edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now available to all Ringside Members right here. This week’s episode features Young Buck Matt Jackson taking on All Night Express member Kenny King in a grudge match. Also in action, “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards faces Mike Mondo and Roderick Strong with Truth Martini battles the “Cuban Crippler” Ricky Reyes. This is our first episode taped from Baltimore and the atmosphere in the Charm City is great!