Indy News Update #3 for April 13, 2012
Submit your Indy news and results to: AdamMartin@wrestleview.com
Smart Mark Video sent this in.
Smart Mark Video’s “What’s Up?” for April 12, 2012
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
SMART MARK VIDEO OPTIONS:
Smart Mark Video wants to give you, our customers an alternate viewing option to follow your favorite independent wrestling promotion. As the DVD market continues to shrink and shipping rates continue to climb Smart Mark Video wants to give our customers an alternative viewing option such as Video On Demand. Please understand that not all titles from all promotions will be offered on both formats.
Video On Demand
Smart Mark Video recently launched its video on demand format (www.smvod.com) that now has over 135 titles from over 15 promotions. Our VOD website will offer classic content along with new titles. Most titles are just $9.99 that you can watch them as many times as you want.
NEW VOD RELEASES:
Chikara March 25, 2012 “It’s How You Play The Game”
Chikara March 24, 2012 “Green Ice”
AAW March 16, 2012 “Epic”
AIW March 2, 2012 “Gauntlet For The Gold 7”
NEW DVD RELEASES:
Chikara DVD March 25, 2012 “It’s How You Play The Game” – Ottawa, Canada $15.00
1. Mike Bailey vs. Mathieu St. Jacques
2. Jigsaw vs. “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti
3. Sara Del Rey vs. Leah VonDutch
4. Dasher Hatfield vs. Ophidian
5. 3.0 & El Generico vs. Obariyon & Kodama & Kobald
6. UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked vs. 17 & The Shard
7. Archibald Peck vs. Chuck Taylor
8. Fire Ant & Soldier Ant & Green Ant vs. combatANT, deviANT & assailANT
9. Eddie Kingston vs. Brodie Lee
Chikara DVD March 24, 2012 “Green Ice” – Vaughn, Canada $15.00
1. Sara Del Rey vs. Kobald
2. Josh Alexander, Marcus Marquez & Sebastian Suave vs. Scotty O’Shea, Alex Vega & Brent Banks
3. Brodie Lee vs. Fire Ant
4. Archibald Peck vs. Dasher Hatfield
5. The Batiri vs. Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black) vs. The Colony vs. Los Ice Creams
6. Tim Donst vs. El Generico
7. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw vs. 17 & The Shard
8. Ophidian vs. Eddie Kingston
9. F.I.S.T. vs. 3.0
10. Bonus Material: Chikara Event Center March 22, 2012
AAW DVD March 16, 2012 “Epic” – Berwyn, IL $15.00
1. Derek St. Holmes, Tweek Phoenix, Marion Fontaine & Darin Corbin vs. Knight Wagner, Jordan McEntyre, Tommy Treznik & Austin Mannix
2. Colt Cabana vs. Cameron Skyy
3. BJ Whitmer & Mat Fitchett vs. Josh Raymond & Christian Able
4. Michael Elgin vs. J Miller
5. Lumberjack Match: Shane Hollister vs. Gregory Iron
6. Jesse Emerson vs. Davey Vega
7. MsChif, Athena & Christina Von Eerie vs. Sara Del Rey & The Canadian Ninjas
8. Silas Young vs. Louis Lyndon
9. Irish Airborne vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Arik Cannon
CZW DVD March 10, 2012 “Aerial Assualt” – Philadelphia, PA $20.00
1. Danny Havoc vs. Alexander James
2. The RunAways vs. BLKOUT vs. Azrieal & Bandido Jr.
3. Adam Cole vs. MASADA
4. Dave Crist, Sabian & Joker vs. Jake Crist, AR Fox & Chuck Taylor
5. TLC Match: Mia Yim vs. Greg Excellent
6. AJ Evans vs. Kit Osbourne
7. Drake Younger vs. Sami Callihan
8. DJ Hyde vs. Devon Moore vs. Scotty Vortekz
9. Aerial Assualt: Uhaa Nation vs. Lucky tHURTeen vs. Latin Dragon vs. Niles Young vs. Samuray Del Sol vs. Shane Strickland vs. Ryan McBride vs. Rory Mondo
wXw DVD March 2-4, 2012 “16 Carat Gold 2012 – Bonus Material” – Oberhausen, Germany $15.00
1. Q&A Session with the wrestlers Panel 1
2. Q&A Session with the wrestlers Panel 2
3. Wrestlers vs. Fans Indoor Soccer Game
AIW DVD March 2, 2012 “Gauntlet For The Gold 7” – Cleveland, OH $15.00
1. The Submission Squad vs. Da Latin Crime Syndicate
2. Colin Delaney vs. Marion Fontaine
3. Ophidian vs. Eric Ryan
4. Colt Cabana vs. Bobby Beverly
5. Tim Donst vs. BJ Whitmer
6. Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett vs. Irish Airborne
7. Aeroform vs. M-Dogg 20 & Josh Prohibition
8. Rickey Shane Page vs. ACH vs. Uhaa Nation vs. Facade
9. Gauntlet For the Gold
10. Bonus Match: JT Dunn vs. Aaron Epic
11. Bonus Match: AERO! vs. Benny Boone
4/14/12 – Chikara – Rahway, NJ
4/14/12 – JAPW – Rahway, NJ
4/15/12 – AIW – Cleveland, OH
4/21/12 – Chikara – Philadelphia, PA
4/28/12- Chikara – Chicago, IL
4/29/12 – Chikara – Lafayette, IN
CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES!
The Union sent this in.
This Saturday, April 14th, The Union of Independent Professional Wrestlers, in association with Morpheous Productions and the Silver Snail Comic Shops, presents its most important event of the year: WRESTLESTOCK. The show will be held at Royal Canadian Legion Hall No.10 (1083 Pape Avenue @ O’Connor) in Toronto. Doors open at 7:00pm. Bell time is 7:30pm. Tickets are just $20 and are available at the Silver Snail (367 Queen Street West) and $tretch Thrift Store (974 Pape Avenue) or online at www.WrestleStock.com. Tickets will also be available at the door on the night of the show.
In the evening’s huge main event match, former ECW World champion STEVE CORINO defends his UIPW Heavyweight Championship against current Ring of Honor superstar “Unbreakable” MICHAEL ELGIN. Can the wily veteran outwit and outwrestle the monstrously strong up-and-comer? Join us at WrestleStock to find out!
* * * * *
Also on the card, THE ENTOURAGE (Ethan Page and Joey Kings with manager Mr. Melo) take on CHECKMATE (Lionel Knight and Christopher Bishop) for the vacant UIPW Tag Team titles. A brand-new championship (The Northern Lights Cruiserweight Title) will be created when UIPW Cruiserweight champ HORNET, PWA Internet champion SHAWN LaFLEUR and World-1 Under-30 champion COLBY CORINO unify their belts in an ultra-fast-paced triple threat match.
Plus, Alpha-1 Wrestling champion JOSH ALEXANDER defends against PSYCHO MIKE ROLLINS, “Girl Dynamite” JENNIFER BLAKE fights MAWMI TSUNAMI in exciting women’s action and appearances by “The World’s Greatest Entertainer” RJ CITY, “Your Savior” SEBASTIAN SUAVE and “The High Risk Hero” RIP IMPACT.
All this plus prize giveaways, cold beer at the bar (bring your ID), and much more. And join us following the event for the official WrestleStock After-Party at Factory Girl Restaurant and Bar (193 Danforth Avenue).
WrestleStock will bring together the finest in professional wrestling talent from a dozen different regional promotions from across Ontario and beyond for the hardest-hitting, highest-flying, most exciting sports entertainment event of the year. WrestleStock will also be the culmination of a full year of filming for an all-new documentary on the independent wrestling scene. Don’t miss out on this history-making night of professional wrestling fun and excitement.
* * * * *
TRAVEL ALERT FOR THIS WEEKEND! The Don Valley Parkway will be closed for the entire weekend so please plan ahead for alternate routes. For those using GPS or online map websites, the Legion Hall is located at 1083 Pape Ave, one street south of O’Connor and just a few lights north of Danforth Avenue. For transit users, the TTC has several bus routes that will let you off next to Legion Hall including the 25 Don Mills and 81 Thorncliffe Park from Pape subway station or the 8 Broadview and 100 Flemingdon Park from Broadview subway station.
* * * * *
Charity Appeal Wrestling Shows sent this in.
Announcing and introducing the only professional wrestling promotion in the United Kindgom, where every show is based on charity and fundraising – CAWS (Charity Appeal Wrestling Shows)!
It’s time for a whole new approach, and to give something brand new to the UK professional wrestling scene. It is simply known (and we hope you appreciate the pun, haha), as CAWS (Charity Appeal Wrestling Shows).
Professional wrestling shows will be promoted under the CAWS name, in selected parts of the country. Confirmed so far are Bedfordshire, Essex, and Northamptonshire; with more to come. We will be raising money for as many worthwhile charitable causes as possible, with the best ticket prices around, and with far more fun and entertainment than your ‘average’ wrestling show out there.
Keep your eyes open – because regular announcements will be made over the upcoming weeks and months in regards to wrestlers, venues, shows, and more!
Also, we are actively looking for venues, sponsorship, and businesses who wish to be involved with us – please get in touch via email with us, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.