In Episode 3 of “The Road to AEW All Out”, (view above) Cody vs. Shawn Spears was made official for the All Out Pay-Per View.
At the 2:45 mark of the video, Tully Blanchard and Shawn Spears pay a visit to the AEW offices with Cody eventually showing up to sign the contract.
Blanchard had a stipulation added to the contract which is that Cody and Spears will only be allowed to have one person in their corner for the match.
AEW posted the following description with the episode on their YouTube Channel:
Shawn Spears and Tully Blanchard pay a visit to the AEW Office.
AEW All Out will be live on pay-per view Saturday, August 31 from the sold-out Sears Centre Arena just outside of Chicago.
– The updated card for the Pay-Per View is as follows:
– Cody Rhodes vs. Shawn Spears.
– Chris Jericho vs. Hangman Page for the AEW World Championship.
– Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley.
– AAA Tag Team Champions The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. and Fenix) defending against The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) in a ladder match.
– Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela vs. Jimmy Havoc.
– Best Friends (Trent Barreta and Chuck Taylor) vs. The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) (The Winning tag team receives a first-round bye in AEW’s Tag Team title tournament).