Sent in by James Soubasis:
I have been traveling the world wrestling outside of WWE for the last few months. One of the things I look forward the most is running into old friends. Wrestling is like a very dysfunctional family,but we are still family. I haven’t seen some of my old friends in almost 10 years. As soon as I do, it is like we never left. When I was a kid, there was never any conventions or places to meet wrestlers, except at the matches.
Yes times have changed, but one thing that makes it all worth it to me, is the stories that the fans tell me. Their stories of how either I or ECW effected their lives. Even if it is for a couple of minutes, it makes it all worth while to me to hear this. I truly love meeting the people that watched me thru the years.
This Saturday, May 15 I will have the chance to do it again. The Legends of the Ring fanfest is coming to Monroe NJ. It is a chance to meet some of the people, that have entertained you throught the years. I as a fan of pro wrestling, also get to meet some wrestlers that I never have met before. I am bringing my Ivan Koloff and Jimmy Valiant books to be signed. I am gonna tell them thanks for making me a fan.
You never know what is going to happen tomorrow, you may not ever get the chance to see some of those people ever again. I haven’t seen the man who trained me WWE Hall Of Famer Johnny Rodz in forever. I look forward to seeing him personally.
If you need any other reasons to come to one of the larger wrestling conventions I have formulated a list of why I would personally want to be there and look forward in doing so.
1. For collectors purposes. The WWE Encyclopedia’s everyone asks me to sign. It is a chance to get them signed from people that rarely do any conventions. Rico, Ivory, The Mean Street Posse and I even heard A-Train is pulling himself away from the sushi buffet and he is going to make it. I hope I see a Hip Hop Hippo picture somewhere.
2. TNA owner Dixie Carter is going to be there. She is also going to be answering your questions. I don’t see Vince doing that at Wrestlemania Fan Axcess.
3. Divas, Knockouts,Playboy Playmates are there.(sorry I am a guy) I will have my own Penthouse Pet and Playboy girl with me Beulah McGillicutty there.I hear she never gets out of the house.
4. Movie star Kurrgan of 300 and Sherlock Holmes is in the house. Hopefully he won’t dance.
5. You can tell Brother Love how much you LOVEEEEE him or hate him depending if you know him or not.
6. WWE Hall Of Famer Gerald Brisco you can tell how much him and his brother meant to tag team wrestling.
7. Over 12 people that held World championships.
8. Current TNA talent will be there representing their brand.
9. WWE HOFers will be there.
10. Many trendsetters or people that did it first will be there. Before John Cena brought his Thuganomics to the world of wrestling P N News was Yo babying on the scene. The first Diva Sunny. The first female ring announcer Mike McGuirk.
Finally if you are getting sick of reading my lists of why I think you should attend this Saturday Legends of the Ring Convention. Stevie Richards is going to be there. I heard he is a Doctor now. He can cure your sickness
Thanks for reading,