Wrestleview.com’s own Josh Boutwell passed along this report:
AAA 06/18 “TripleMania XIX” PPV Results
1) Aerostar, Argos, Fenix, & Sugi San def. Dark Dragon, Decnnis, Tigre Cota, & Tito Santana II
2) Mickie James, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, & Sexy Star def. Fabi Apache, Mari Apache, Cinthia Moreno, & Lolita
3) Tables, Ladders, & Chairs War: Electroshock, Heavy Metal, & Joe Lider def. Silver Kain, Ultimo Gladiador, & Chessman
4) Cibernetico, Charly Manson, Escoria, & Billy el Malo def. La Parka Jr., Octagon, Drago, & Ozz
5) AAA Tag Team Titles Steel Cage Match: Extreme Tiger & Jack Evans (c) def. Mr. Anderson & Abyss to retain the titles!
6) AAA Trios Titles Tournament Finals: Damian666, Halloween, & X-Fly def. Monster Clown, Murder Clown, & Psycho Clown to win the titles!
7) AAA World Heavyweight Title: Jeff Jarrett def. El Zorro (c) to win the title!
8) Mask vs. Hair Match: L.A. Park def. El Mesias
9) AAA Latin America Title: Dr. Wagner Jr. def. Rob Van Dam to win the title!
* NOTES *
– Opener was a dark match that I HOPE makes TV or at least the DVD release.
– Before the PPV opener Konnan & Joaquin Roldan came out and said that if anyone ran out tonight and interfered in ANY match they would be suspended (they had previously said fired).
– Knockouts & Sexy Star won their match when Mickie hit her Mickie-DT on Fabi for the clean win.
– Octagon was inducted into the AAA Hall of Fame.
– For some reason Electroshock replaced Nicho in the TLC Match (dissapointing). EVERYONE bled in this one. Metal was taken out early with an injury so Nicho ran out to help, but got stopped and Joaquin came out and SUSPENDED him! Tecnicos ended up getting the win anyway. No idea if they are going to stick with the ‘suspension’ angle or if Nicho will show up on the next AAA taping. Then again this could be a good way to get him in TNA for a few weeks, most notably Destination X since they’re hyping up former X-Division stars showing up (Nicho was apart of the very FIRST X-Division Title Match as well as appearing several other times over the years).
– During the next match Taboo came out holding La Parka Jr.’s son hostage. This distraction allowed Cibernetico to Chokeslam him for the pin. Taboo then released Parka’s son and revealed then revealed that he (Taboo) was actually Parka’s brother (he really is) and that he was the one that passed the X-Ray’s waaay back of Parka’s son to Ciber. Storyline continuity!
– In the Cage Match Tiger did a big dive off the cage onto Abyss. Tiger escaped and then Anderson escaped leaving Evans & Abyss. Eventually Abyss tried to escape but Evans Powerbombed him off the top onto some thumbtacks to retain the titles! This is a pretty big win for Evans & Tiger despite Anderson & Abyss not being a regular team. Anderson is the current TNA World Heavyweight Champion and Abyss is the X-Division Champion.
– In the Trios Titles Match, Perro was in fact replaced by X-Fly. They did a spot where Damian was Powerbombed onto an exploding table or something. In the end Halloween hit Psycho with a DVD through a table for the win to make Perros del Mal the very first AAA Trios Champions.
– Zorro was said to have looked badly out of shape in the Title Match. Jarrett eventually used Zorro’s on cane on him to get the win.
– Hijo de L.A. Park was in his dads corner for the Mask vs. Hair Match. This was a LONG match where the two used everything on each other and it got very bloody. Eventually Park hit Mesias with a pair of Brass Knuckles to KO Mesias and shave his hair.
– In the Latin America Title Match Wagner came out to a big traditional Mexican musical performance. Dr. Wagner III was in his dad’s corner as well. They got alot of time here and after RVD actually kicked out of the Wagner Driver, Wagner hit a Hanging Spike DDT to finally take RVD out.
– Overall the PPV went well over 4 hours long which will probably be butchered and edited down on TV. TNA went 2-2 on the show but took AAA’s World Heavyweight Title. Jeff Jarrett was beat by Kurt Angle on Impact Wrestling last week and “sent to Mexico” so it’s unlikely Jarrett will just take the belt back to TNA. He will probably remain in AAA and defend it.
Pictures and video coming this week in the Lucha column this Friday.