Cause of death revealed for former ECW star Axl Rotten

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that the cause of death of former ECW star Axl Rotten (Brian Knighton) was due to accidental overdose two weeks ago. Rotten, 44, was found dead inside the bathroom of a McDonald’s in Linthicum (not a motel as reported earlier).

When his body was found, police discovered Rotten had pulled down the infant changing table, placed drug paraphernalia on it and used a broken burnt tablespoon with “crystalline residue” according to the official police report. An unlabeled pill bottle with capsules of a “brownish substance” (believed to be heroin) was found on top of the paper-towel dispenser. It isn’t clear how long he had been inside the bathroom at the time of his death.

Baltimore Sun: Professional wrestler Axl Rotten died from accidental overdose in Linthicum