AroLucha, the new promotion run by former TNA Wrestling production company Aroluxe, held their first TV tapings on Sunday night at the Nashville Fairgrounds in Nashville.
This is the same venue TNA ran their weekly PPVs from 2002 to 2004.
The following are news and notes coming out of the tapings:
* Attendance was said to be completely full, with the company even issuing an apology via Facebook to fans who were turned away.
— Konnan (@Konnan5150) December 11, 2017
* Ron and Don Harris, who have big roles in Aroluxe and are behind the creation of Arolucha, ran production for the tapings.
* Konnan and Vince Russo, who were announced previously as the head writer and assistant writer for AroLucha, helped produce promos and pre-taped segments during the tapings.
* Aroluxe brought in a lighting truss for above the ring, along with video screens for the entrances and pyro, spending sizable money on production.
* There was said to be between less than 50% to 50% in the Hispanic demographic in attendance for the tapings.
* The belief is there will be another taping held in January, with Juventud Guerrera slated to be coming in.
Results from the tapings saw:
* Pre-taped segment where Rey Mysterio was attacked in the parking lot by John Hennigan (Impact) and Rush, leading to an in-ring segment where Mysterio called them out. He was beaten down until Penta El Zero M made the save, although Mysterio and Penta teased dissension heading into the main event.
* Willie McClinton (The Mack) def. Mr. 450.
* Masacarita Sagrada (El Torito) def. Demus 316.
* In-ring promo by Rebecca Hardy announcing that she was overseeing the women’s division in AroLucha and dubbing herself “The Ice Queen.”
* Lacey Lane and Keyra def. Taya Valkyrie and Vanilla Vargas.
* James Storm def. Trey Miguel.
* Sammy Guevara def. MVP by DQ. MVP laid out Guevara after.
* Hurrricane Helms, Jack Edwards (Evans) and Maximo def. Garza Jr., Daga and La Mascara.
— Hurricane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) December 11, 2017
* Rey Mysterio Jr. and Penta El Zero M def. John Hennigan and Rush. Rey and Penta continued teasing dissension afterwards.
Following the tapings, the roster, along with Konnan, came out to celebrate Mysterio’s birthday to close things out.
I had a blast tonight at the @AroLucha pilot TV taping in Nashville. Everyone worked hard, the show had some great matches, and most importantly it was a *fun* time. @Konnan5150 booked a winner out of the gate.
— Lou Pickney (@LouPickney) December 11, 2017