The following took place on Monday in Orlando, FL.
TNA Impact Tapings for July 23 (Being taped on July 20):
– The Motor City Machineguns def. Lethal Consequences.
– Dr. Stevie w/ Daffney def. Cody Deaner w/ ODB.
– Taz came out to open the show and talked about how he was part of the original ECW and later become a commentator. He talked about getting to call some of the greatest matches in WrestleMania history. Taz said he was sitting at home and turned on TNA and saw all all of this untapped potential with Samoa Joe. He said Joe was like him, but showed remorse to his opponents. Taz said he never did that back in the original ECW and spoke with Joe setting up their teacher/student relationship. He said tonight Joe would win the X Division Title.
– Homicide def. Samoa Joe via DQ to retain the TNA X Division Title. After the match, Hernandez made his return and stared down Joe. Joe left with Taz.
– The Main Event Mafia came out next. TNA World Champion Kurt Angle said no one is getting fired and said that is not his style. He talked about being compassionate and how the Mafia went to the Board of Directors in Nashville with a list of demands and questioned how TNA could be successful without them. Angle said with Sting taken care of the next person on the list is Mick Foley. Foley said that Angle saying TNA couldn’t survive without the Mafia is a joke. Angle then revealed a giant chain with the keys to the “TNA office” on it and booked “keys on a pole” match for tonight where the winner would have control of TNA.
– Kevin Nash def. The Amazing Red to retain the TNA Legends Title.
– The British Invasion, Sheik Abdul Bashir & Kiyoshi def. The Originals (AJ Styles, Daniels, Eric Young, James Storm & Robert Roode).
– Booker T & Scott Steiner def. Rocco & Sally Boy to retain the TNA World Tag Team Titles.
– Traci Brooks won a Knockouts Battle Royal to earn $50,000 and a spot in the Main Event Mafia.
– It was announced that Tuesday night’s taping would be the 200th episode of Impact.
– AJ Styles def. Matt Morgan in a Best of 3 Series with Styles going up 1-0.
– TNA World Champion Kurt Angle vs. Mick Foley in a “Keys to the TNA Office” match went to a no contest. Everyone in the Mafia hit the ring during the match to attack Foley. Bobby Lashley then walked out and hugged Kurt Angle. Angle ordered Lashley to attack Foley. Lashley teased he was going to and then took out Angle and the Mafia.