10/9 WWE Results: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Brian D. Lesniewski sent this report in.
10/9 WWE Results: Colorado Springs, CO
David Otunga (Attorney-at-Law) came out before the show to announce that due to the events which transpired on RAW last Monday, this show would only go on under two conditions: a) Triple H is banned from the building and b) Otunga and Michael McGillicutty received a tag team title match at the show later that day.
1) Zack Ryder def. Drew McIntyre by pinfall via the Rough Ryder. After the match, Jack Swagger attacked Ryder in the ring and grabbed a microphone, announcing he was “raising the bar” and issuing an “All American Challenge” to anyone in the back. The challenge was answered by Alex Riley.
2) Jack Swagger def. Alex Riley via ankle lock submission.
3) Mason Ryan def. Primo by pinfall via swinging side slam.
4) Dolph Ziggler def. John Morrison by pinfall via the Zig Zag to retain the WWE United States Championship. After the match, Ziggler tried to attack Morrison with the title belt, but Morrison side stepped it, kicked Ziggler down and hit Starship Pain.
5) Beth Phoenix def. Eve Torres by pinfall via Glam Slam to retain the WWE Divas championship.
6) Air Boom (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston) def. Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga by pinfall via Trouble in Paradise/Air Bourne combo to retain the WWE Tag Team championship.
7) John Cena def. Alberto Del Rio via disqualification, after The Miz and R-Truth attacked Cena while he had the STF locked in on Del Rio. After attacking Cena, Miz & Truth assumed the “arrest me” position in the middle of the ring, only to be attacked by Air Boom, who hit them with double missile dropkicks to get them out of the ring. Cena and Air Boom celebrated in the ring to end the show.
1) John Cena
2) Air Boom
3) Zack Ryder
1) Alberto Del Rio
2) Dolph Ziggler
3) David Otunga