WWE officially announced the launch of the WWE Network on Wednesday night in Las Vegas as part of CES 2014. Vince McMahon, Michelle Wilson, Stephanie McMahon, Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Shawn Michaels, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Perkins Miller, Bob Bowman (President and CEO of MLB Advanced Media) and John Cena were all part of the announcement discussing the launch of the new network.
Here is a brief breakdown highlighting the announcement:
* The network will be provided as an online streaming service only.
* Launch date: February 24, 2014 at 11:05 p.m. Eastern (10:05 CT) after RAW.
* Price: $9.99 per month.
* All 12 WWE Pay Per View events will be included with the service beginning with Wrestlemania 30 on April 6 live from New Orleans.
* A six month commitment of $9.99 ($60) is required to gain access to all 12 PPV events.
* Over 300 PPV events will stream on demand including WWE, WCW and ECW.
* Television programming will also be provided on demand including RAW and Smackdown.
* The WWE Network will be provided on desktops, laptops, WWE App (Android and iOS), XBOX, PS3 and PS4, Roku and more outlets.
* Canada, UK, Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong are listed as future locations for the launch in late 2014, early 2015.
* Original programming announced includes NXT, WWE Legends House, Wrestlemania Rewind, WWE Countdown and Monday Night War (RAW vs. Nitro).
An official WWE press release is expected shortly.