WWE held a conference call on Tuesday morning with investors to discuss the launch of the new WWE Network in February. Vince McMahon and George Barrios were part of the call.
Here are a few highlights.
* Viewers will be given the option of a free week trial on “some platforms” to sample the new network. The trial would not be made available during the weeks of PPV events.
* It was noted that 88 million homes in the United States have broadband access. They are predicting 2 to 3 million U.S. subscribers by the end of 2015.
* The goal is to reach another 750,000 to 1 million for the rest of the world.
* They continue to be in talks with the USA Network and feel the new network will only lead to an increase in television ratings for RAW and Smackdown going forward.
* A live studio talk show will debut in a few months on the network.