Chuck Carroll passed this along.
Roman Reigns was my guest on the Turnbuckle Weekly with Chuck Carroll.
You can listen to the interview on the CBS’ new Play.It podcast network or on the CBS TV and radio websites: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/01/23/roman-reigns-facing-brock-lesnar-would-be-hardest-hitting-match-ever/
I had the opportunity to ask him about potentially main eventing WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar. He told me that it would be a “million dollar dream” come true.
He also said he really thinks because of their backgrounds it would be one hell of a brutal match.
“I think it would be one of the hardest hitting matches of all-time,” Reigns told me. “It’d be extremely aggressive. I think you’d see a level of intensity you’ve never seen before.”
I also asked Reigns about the doubts he had while recovering from surgery. He admitted that he had some concerns, but at no time did he think his career was actually over. He also credited his strong support system for helping get him through.
Perhaps most interestingly, I asked him about working with an acting coach in Los Angeles during his down time.
“It wasn’t about promos,” he said.
Reigns told me the process was about being able to channel the emotions of a real life experience into his delivery on-camera and in the ring.
“It’s really connecting with any type of emotions and connecting with triggers,” he said.
I also asked him about Lesnar being a part-time champion. And while he thinks WWE deserves a full-time champ, guys like Lesnar and The Rock have earned that right.
Here’s everything we covered.
– How wrestlers view the time between Royal Rumble and WrestleMania
– Did he ever think his career was over while out recovering from surgery
– How he overcame doubts and the support system that helped get him through recovery
– How working with an acting coach helped his performance
– How he draws on real life experiences to make a connection
– That if you don’t get in the gym before the Royal Rumble you’re screwed
– His strategy for not burning out during the Royal Rumble
– His “million dollar dream” of facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania
– Why wrestling Lesnar would be one of the hardest hitting matches of all time
– His thoughts on WWE having a part-time champion
– How part-time champions have earned that right
– His prediction for the Super Bowl: New England Patriots or Seattle Seahawks?
– Why the Seahawks make him want to vomit
– How WWE talents will likely watch the Super Bowl
I’m on Twitter @TheChuckCarroll