4/1 NJPW Sakuru Genesis Results: Tokyo, Japan (Sumo Hall)
1. The Young Bucks def. Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi by submission when Matt Jackson submitted Owens with Cease and Desist (Sharpshooter).
2. Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii def. Taichi and Takashi Iizuka by pinfall when Yano pinned Iizuka with a roll-up.
3. NEVER 6-Man Tag Team Championships: Bad Luck Fale and The Guerrillas of Destiny (c’s) def. Taguchi Japan (Michael Elgin, Togi Makabe and Ryusuke Taguchi) by pinfall to retain the titles when Tama Tonga pinned Taguchi with the Gun Stun.
4. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson and David Finlay Jr. def. IWGP US Champion “Switchblade” Jay White, NEVER Champion Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI when Tanahashi pinned YOSHI-HASHI with the High Fly Flow.
5. IWGP Intercontinental Champion Minoru Suzuki and The Killer Elite Squad def. Tetsuya Naito and IWGP Tag Team Champions SANADA and EVIL by pinfall when KES pinned EVIL with the Killer Bomb.
* Afterwards, Suzuki and Naito cut promos on each other, setting up a future title match.
6. IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championships: El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemuru (c’s) def. Roppongi 3K w/Rocky Romero and Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI by pinfall to retain the titles when Desperado pinned SHO with the Pinche Locho after belt shots to all 4 men when the ref was knocked down.
7. IWGP Jr. Championship: Will Ospreay (c) def. Marty Scurll by pinfall to retain the title with the OsCutter.
* Afterwards, Ospreay challenged KUSHIDA to a future title defense.
8. Cody Rhodes and Hangman Page w/Brandi Rhodes def. The Golden Lovers by pinfall when Cody pinned Kota Ibushi with a roll-up.
* Afterwards, Cody went to hit Ibushi with a chair until Kenny Omega cleared him from the ring.
9. Main Event for the IWGP Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) w/Gedo def. Zack Sabre Jr. w/TAKA to retain the title by pinfall with the Rainmaker.
* With the win, Okada makes his 11th consecutive title defense of the IWGP Championship, tying Hiroshi Tanahashi’s consecutive defense record of 11.
* Afterwards, Gedo cut a promo, challenging someone to face Okada so he can break the record and out comes Tanahashi to challenge Okada. Tanahashi congratulates Okada for tying, but he will challenge him so he can stop him from breaking his record. Okada accepted and cut a promo to close the show.