More WWE releases reportedly expected, said to be a “regular occurrence”

More WWE releases reportedly expected

According to a new report from Fightful, a high level WWE official expects WWE releases to be a “regular occurrence moving forward.”

It was stated that the WWE official spoke under the condition of anonymity, and noted that more departures will happen, and that they think on a personal level that 2021 will be an “outlier in terms of frequency and the level of talent being let go”. It was also said in the report that a large amount of releases had not been discussed for nearly four years from the summer of 2016 until the beginning of last year.

Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men Podcast also confirmed on Twitter (see below) that more releases are coming.

Last night while Friday Night SmackDown was airing live on FOX, WWE released 12 NXT talent.  Later in the evening, Desmond Troy took to Twitter and revealed he was let go, bringing the total number to 13 in less than 24 hours for NXT talent that have been cut.

Total
16
Shares