Video: Ric Flair says he is “cleared by doctors” to wrestle at Starrcast this July

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair appeared on the TMZ Sports TV Show with hosts Babcock and Mojo (former WWE Superstar Mojo Rawley), where he spoke about his upcoming is returning to the ring, at Starrcast in Nashville on July 31, under Jim Crockett Promotions.

Flair, 73, said he has been cleared by his doctor to wrestle.

“I don’t have any aches or pains. I know I’ve had the health issues, but I asked 40 different doctors, and I decided I’m only gonna listen to one. Not necessarily the one that was gonna give me the right answer, but that I felt the most comfortable with.”

Flair also told TMZ Sports he just was not happy with his last few performances, and said he knows he can be better, and he could not stand the last couple of matches he had. He also said that he could not stand his last year that he wrestled. His last match was against WWE Hall of Famer and current AEW star Sting in 2011 in then TNA Wrestling. He did go on to say that he expects to be at about 85 percent. He did confirm last week he has been training with AEW and ROH star Jay Lethal for an in-ring return.

Flair did note he his team are still looking for an opponent, which is something they expect to have squared away over the next few days, after WWE Hall of Famer Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat turned down the offer to wrestle Flair one last time.

You can watch the interview, courtesy of TMZ Sports, above.

Total
1
Shares