Wrestleview’s own Jason Namako passed this along.
The Ring of Honor Newswire for November 3rd.
– By now you know that the place to be this weekend is Louisville, KY on Saturday night and Collinsville, IL on Sunday afternoon for Ring of Honor Wrestling. When you buy a ROH ticket you can expect an exciting and electric show, full of athleticism, intensity and passion. We have established the name Ring of Honor as a place with the best in-ring action in the sport and you will see every bit of that this coming weekend! THIS Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 7PM we return to the Davis Arena in Louisville, KY for a live television taping and on Sunday afternoon, November 6th at 4PM we return to The Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL with a loaded lineup. Tickets for both events will be available at the door the day of the show, and don’t forget that a special meet & greet autograph signing will also take place prior to the event in Collinsville with ROH World Champion Davey Richards and ROH World Tag Team Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin.
– LATE BREAKING NEWS: ROH officials have unfortunately made the decision to prohibit Delirious from participating in his scheduled bout with Tommaso Ciampa scheduled for this Sunday afternoon in Collinsville, IL. Officials stated that, “It has been determined that Mr. Delirious’ current position in Ring of Honor and the potential match with Mr. Ciampa is a conflict of interest. These issues involve company liabilities and matters to do with our insurers. It is in the best interest of our company to cancel the match involving Mr. Delirious and Mr. Ciampa in Collinsville, IL on Sunday afternoon, November 6th, 2011. We are highly apologetic to the fans in Collinsville for the cancellation but Tommaso Ciampa will face an opponent to be determined this Sunday.
All of the qualifying matches have been announced for “Survival of the Fittest 2011” in Dayton, OH on November 18th and its anybodies guess as to who will win. The final two matches were announced today and it will be a special 4 Corner Survival pitting Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin vs. Kenny King vs. Adam Cole and a one-on-one bout consisting of Andy “Right Leg” Ridge vs. Kyle O’Reilly. Also, don’t forget that you can expect a special meet & greet autograph signing with many of the top ROH athletes prior to the event. Get your tickets for Ring of Honor’s long awaited return to The Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton right here.
– Check out the latest ROH Video Wire embedded above as we head into Collinsville, IL with comments from the ROH World Tag Champions Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin regarding Future Shock, Grizzly Redwood talks about Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal comments on Mark Briscoe, American Wolves speak on ANX, and much more.
– Ring of Honor will attempt to make history on December 3rd and 4th with a two-day “Battle in the Carolinas” live tour. Starting in Spartanburg, SC on December 3rd, ROH appears live, for the first time, at the historic Memorial Auditorium, with “Southern Defiance”. Then, on Sunday, December 4th, Greensboro, NC will play host to “Northern Aggression” at the Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center. Spartanburg will host a main event to go down in the history books–a 20 man Over the Top Rope Interval Battle Royal with the top stars in ROH competing and entering the fray every minute until one only man is left standing. That sole survivor will receive a guaranteed shot at the ROH World Championship sometime in early 2012.
Then in Greensboro, Ring of Honor will present a match that will be talked about in years to come as a modern-day classic: an All-Star 8 man Elimination Tag Match with ROH World Tag Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) joining with former ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards, and former TV Champion El Generico to face former 6-Time World Tag Champs Mark & Jay Briscoe, who will team with former ROH World Champion Roderick Strong and his House of Truth partner “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin! This match will be contested under elimination rules and will be contested with a TWO HOUR TIME LIMIT! We hope all our Southern and Mid-Atlantic fans will join us live in Spartanburg and Greensboro December 3rd and 4th for “Battle in the Carolinas” weekend. Tickets are available at www.Ticketmaster.com.
– Also joining the list for “Battle in the Carolina’s” weekend is ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal who has officially signed for December 3rd in Spartanburg and December 4th in Greensboro.
– The latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” is now online for GA Members here at ROHWrestling.com and it’s absolutely free! Episode 6 features “The Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa against Alex Silva, Roderick Strong battles Kyle O’Reilly, and the continuing battle between Jay & Mark Briscoe and The All Night Express. If you’re a Ringside Member, click right here to watch now!
– This week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” the challenger for the ROH World Championship at “Final Battle 2011” will be announced. We know that the field has been narrowed down to ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal and ROH’s only Triple Crown Champion “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards. One of those men will either face Current ROH World Champion Davey Richards or El Generico, who challenges at “Glory by Honor X” on November 19th in Chicago Ridge. Click here for a list of stations to see if “Ring of Honor Wrestling” airs in your area.
– “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett claims that he is the “real” ROH TV Champion based off of what happened in his time limit draw with Jay Lethal recently on “Ring of Honor Wrestling.” Bennett says that he had Lethal beat as he was destroying him with mounted punches and hammer fists but paused to ask the referee to stop the match. This momentary hesitation was all Lethal needed to turn Bennett over and rain down with blows until the time limit ran out. Even though Lethal requested 5 more minutes, Bennett refused and walked out. Either Bennett left because he actually thought he won the bout or the more likely scenario of him being exhausted and scared of risking a defeat. By walking out without a decisive winner, Bennett knows he will eventually have a guaranteed rematch and this gives him time to regroup. Lethal is ready to give Bennett a rematch but Generico will have one first in the highly competitive Television division.
– After what happened on the latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” involving the House of Truth and Team Richards, Jim Cornette stated that the House of Truth has been fined individually for their misconduct. Since being fined, Truth Martini has been aggressively trying to recruit new members.
– On Saturday night, January 7th, 2012, ROH will debut at the Du Burns Arena in the heart of Baltimore, MD for our first SBG TV Taping of 2012! Tickets will go on sale Saturday, November 19th at 10AM via www.TicketAlternative.com. Ringside Members will be able to buy tickets two days prior starting Thursday, November 17th at 10AM.
– Only a couple of spots left for the next Ring of Honor Training/Try Out Seminar that will take place over the course of two days on November 12th & 13th. This is a great opportunity to learn every aspect of pro wrestling from people who truly care and are passionate about this sport. Interested wrestlers will get the opportunity to show what they’ve got in front of ROH management & wrestlers such as ROH World Tag Champion Charlie Haas, ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, Delirious, and more! All of our past camps have been highly successful and has produced a few of the ROH wrestlers that you see today. For all the details check here!