According to an article by The New York Post early Saturday morning, TNA President Billy Corgan confirmed that this Sunday’s scheduled Bound For Glory PPV in Orlando, Florida from Universal Studios will take place as scheduled.
Corgan provided the following quote to the Post on Saturday morning.
“It’s a go, as far as I’ve been told.”
The Post article indicates that an “unidentified third party” came to the table at the last minute and apparently secured some type of funding that will allow Bound For Glory to take place. Whether or not funding was secured for the scheduled Impact Wrestling TV tapings running from Monday through Saturday remains to be seen.
It’s interesting to note that the article stated WWE had been back in talks with the company, something Corgan himself denied having any knowledge of during his appearance on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz on ESPN Radio this week.
Corgan left the wrestling world guessing all week after he made a series of media appearances indicating financial unrest within the company heading into Bound For Glory, which he described as a “furious fight” at one point during his ESPN Radio appearance.
TNA Chairman/Chief Strategy Officer Dixie Carter then took to Twitter on Friday stating that while she doesn’t make it a habit to respond to speculation (which was an interesting word to use when the company’s own President confirmed financial issues), told fans not to miss the upcoming Bound For Glory PPV and Impact Wrestling TV tapings to follow in Orlando.